L&T Infotech

Updated Mar 4, 2015

SAP Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

The process took a dayinterviewed at L&T Infotech in March 2010.

No technical interview, only behavioral interview about your past projects and if you are ready to learn SAP.

They are ready to sponsor H1 visa and that was the best point in the interview process.

The interview lasted for 1 hr with a PM and a HR guy and was offered on the same day.

Interview Questions
    • Asked only one question: Are you willing to work at USD 30000 per year??   Answer Question
    Asked only one question: Are you willing to work at USD 30000 per year??

The HR never was interested in negotiation.

The salary was based for first 6 months and then as per performance an appraisal process will be conducted and then the salary will be upgraded.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at L&T Infotech in January 2010.

Interview was quite detail oriented. Was asked about the domain in details, Trade life cycle, basics understanding of Financial Products, Was asked Requirement Documentation and SDLC in a detailed manner.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at L&T Infotech.

The interview consisted of the following rounds:
    1. Online Aptitude Test - Questions on linear equations, speed & distance, time & work, averages; logical reasoning; questions related to C programming, OS, DBMS
    2. Group Discussion - A group of 10 people had to participate in the group discussion on the given topic. The topic was general and related to our day-to-day lives.
    3. Paragraph writing - It was just to check if u r proficient in writing in english.
    4. TR + HR - Intense discussion on projects, data structures and algorithms. HR revolved around the paragraph we had written in the previous round.

Interview Questions
    • A thorough understanding of ur projects is required to clear the interview.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at L&T Infotech.

Nearly 2000 students from my group of institutes applied.
    There were four rounds:
    1. Aptitude Test
    2. Group Discussion
    3. Technical Interview
    4. HR Interview

1. Aptitude Test: 55 Questions and 3 sections. 55 mins was the allotted time. Aptitude test was on English, Logic and Quants. Easy enough to crack. Problems on Sets in Quants were a major chunk.
    Sectional Cutoff was observed.

2. Group Discussion: There were 14-15 students in a group. The Invigilator would select a topic at random and the one that pops in her head at that moment. Speak up and try to maintain a single side. The best is not to go for Introduction of the GD Topic as there are lot of people around you that are ready to make fool of themselves or trying to shine. And trust me I have seen majority making the fool. If you are confident enough to kickstart it then go ahead because it will reduce the count of people going through it you don't get the intro right. From my batch 5 were selected.

3. Technical Interview: You need to Introduce yourself to the Interviewer and please prepare for the question 'Why only XYZ branch?' If you are from a core stream, you might as well prepare for the question 'Why an IT company and not one from the core?' The Interviewer goes through a form which you would have filled in the earlier rounds of the drive and be thorough with what you have written. Don't go to the T.I. and lie to the face of the interviewer. If you don't know about the question asked, admit it and humbly say that you don't know the answer. Explain your project in detail. You have the upper hand there. Basic programming questions and puzzles are asked. Keep him interested, that is the cue. out of 2000, approximately 150 got selected for HR round.

4. HR Interview: Again, be thorough with your resume, as they are going to dig deep in it. Keep a strong reason ready and i mean convincing too. Basic questions would be asked and try to be straightforward with the answers. The Interviewer might twist the questions from 'Tell me about your strengths' to 'What qualities do you bring to the team?' from 'Tell me your weaknesses' to 'Tell me about your areas of improvement'. Questions about your compatability with the job profile and relocation are asked. Your intent about higher education is also checked for. HR interviews are thoroughly scrutinized and accounted.

116 out of 2000 were selected for the job.
    Best of Luck!

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at L&T Infotech.

1st Round: Aptitude. Quant, Logical and Verbal, used RS Agarwal to prepare.
    2nd Round: GD & Passage Writing. Elimination round. Topic "Should Aptitude Test Be Removed For Campus Recruitment".
        Passage writing topic "Eradication of Corruption in India".
    3rd Round: Technical Round. Elimination round. Questions based on C, SQL and my projects. Not very difficult. Some non technical questions also asked.
    4th Round: HR. Elimination round. My interview lasted for hardly 5 mins. Questions like are you alright with relocation, etc. Some people were eliminated in this round also.
    Confidence and good communication skills are imp.

No negotiation.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at L&T Infotech.

1st Round:- Aptitude (Simple questions but have to solve within less time frame)
    2nd Round:- GD
    3rd round:- Paragraph writing (No elimination)
    4tha and 5th:- HR and Technical
    Simple and easy questions are asked and basically they want to know whether you can relocate or not.

Interview Questions
    • They asked if I like watching movies, I said yes.
      Q: What was the last movie you watched.
      A: Told and also told that I didn't like it at all
      Q: You must have wasted your money then
      A: Downloaded it from torrent
      Q: What? You are Software Engg and you support piracy?
      A: Just a smiling face

Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at L&T Infotech.

It was an off campus pool drive,2 day process.
    The process comprised of an aptitude test which had 3 sections,the level of the test was easy(Rs aggarwal would suffice for this) but the key to clear the test was time management,it was a 60 minute test comprising of 60 questions,20 each in 3 sections of quant,logical and English and students who were able to attempt the whole test properly were able to clear the test.300-350 students were selected after the test from a large number of students about 2-3k.
    The next Step was a GD,i did not manage to get past this,it was my first GD and i didn't know much about the ways to conduct myself in the GD,even though i spoke the most and in a proper manner,still i got rejected because i did not know how to properly conduct myself in the GD but also i'd like to point out that the selection in the GD round depended a lot on the moderators,some allowed a bit of arguing and shouting(just a bit) and were not selecting candidates who did not spoke much while other moderators did not select such students and they selected students who throughout the GD might have spoken just once,so you have to judge what the moderator is looking for.
    The selected students were asked to fill in their details and information about their projects etc.The next day the interview took place,it was just one interview(technical and HR combined).One of my friend got selected.They were asking candidates about their projects and asking them to code a part of it also write a code for some program.

Interview Questions
    • There were questions in the aptitude test that were time consuming in each section,so it was important to identify and skip those questions and attempt them later on ,in order to complete the test in the given time appropriately   Answer Question

Associate Technical Consultant Interview

They conducted a pool placement in one of the renowned college of Pune , The interview process comprised of 1. Aptitude test 2. GD 3. Written Communication 4. Technical 5. HR

Interview Questions
    • First Round of Aptitude is the driver force or the entire Intervew   View Answer

went for higher studies

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at L&T Infotech in January 2015.

Campus selection - There were 6 rounds. Initial shortlisting was announced (The criteria for this shortlisting was 1) below 26 years as of joining date, 2) 60% throughout, 3) no current backlogs or any kind of reattempt, basically ATKT).
    The shortlisted students were put through the following rounds
    1) Aptitude (RS Aggrawal would suffice)
    2) GD (Only communication skills are checked)
    3) Essay writing (Non elimination round - just to check your written language)
    4) Technical PI - (Tell me about yourself, explain your Internship project, 1-2 Domain questions, how will you fit into IT when you are coming from your domain)
    5) HR PI - (Questions from CV and the form which we filled, How will you adjust in new locations... easy questions like that)

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at L&T Infotech.

1 aptitude 2 gd 3 technical 4 hr
    clear all rounds to go to next round
    Easy test
    Easy gd
    average interview
    analytical, behavioral, brain teaser, business case, technical, algorithm, analytical, behavioral, brain teaser, business case, technical, algorithm