L&T Infotech Interview Questions

Updated Sep 26, 2014
Updated Sep 26, 2014

Human Resources Trainee Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at L&T Infotech.

The graduate hiring program's selection process included an assessment test ,technical and HR rounds. The test was tough and not all questions could be answered within the time. They only shortlisted students without any history of arrears during graduation and postgraduation (if any). Candidates should have completed all papers in the first attempt.

Graduate Engineering Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at L&T Infotech.

Pool Campus Recruitment Drive consisting of Aptitude Test, Group Discussion , Paragraph Writing and Interviewa

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days - interviewed at L&T Infotech in January 2014.

It was quite good... but the result declaration took a lot of time i.e. around 15 days...

Interview Questions
    • Do you want a job with more salary or more practical exposure?   View Answer

Graduate Engineering Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jaipur, Rajasthan (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jaipur, Rajasthan (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at L&T Infotech in December 2013.

I appeared in L&T Infotech at a centralized campus recruitment drive in Dec. '13. To start with the number of students were around 1200 and the whole campus was packed. The drive lasted for 2 days. The presentation was given first by the HR and after that the process started. It consisted of 5 rounds:

1) Online Aptitude Test: It contained 3 sections- Quant, LR and Verbal. Plz note that sectional cut-off is there!! many of my friends werent able to get through because they couldnt manage the time. the difficulty of the questions was average and can be cleared. Also this is the round where most of the rejections are made. From the 1200 only around 150 cleared this round.

2) Group Discussion: Here basically your communication and level of thinking is assessed. The topics are quite simple, not too abstract. Make sure you participate in the discussion and also maintain decorum while doing so. From groups of 10, they were selecting around 6-7 students each.

3) Paragraph Writing: This is not an elimination round but has a huge significance in the HR round. Here any topic is provided and within 10 minutes we have to write a short essay. It is to basically assess your writing skills

4) Technical Round: Questions asked in this round are mainly on the certifications you have done. Make sure you brush up your skills regarding the same. The level of questions is average again with more focus on logic. I wasnt asked to write any code but was asked questions on C++ File Handling, String Handling, CSS, HTML and Software Engg. Out of every 5, 1-2 were rejected in this round.

5) HR Round: More of a final formality to the drive. Questions were asked about yourself, family, your thinking and also the paragraph writing. Answer calmly and most importantly dont mess it up. One of my friends messed up the interview by being overly candid with the HR and that cost him the job. Be prepared for a few puzzles also.

I managed to clear all the rounds and got the result after 1 week. Not that hard to crack this interview but yeah the competition was tough.

Best of luck to all the readers!

Peoplesoft Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

interviewed at L&T Infotech in December 2013.

It was a Campus recruitment . First round was of aptitude test followed by a group discussion and the next day we had a HR Interview.

GET Interview

interviewed at L&T Infotech in December 2013.

5 rounds
    -->Aptitude
    -->Gd
    -->Paragraph
    -->Technical interview
    -->Hr interview

Higher studies

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at L&T Infotech.

Interview was good. But it took a long time to complete

Interview Questions
    • Sample way...How would you take up and solve issues?   View Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Written Test, An test regarding how would you email your colleague.

L2 Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at L&T Infotech in November 2013.

Position was advertised in naukri.com for face-to-face interview, (you just need to click apply on the site to confirm participation.) No telephonic round, HR sent me a interview call-letter, on the said date I was at the venue at sharp 9 am. Considering the interview was short-listed candidates, a whopping 350 people turned up! HR personnel came around 10 am, we were all seated for an hour fretting nervously. HR took up the resumes in a random order and people made a quick run for it. (No organised queues or registration process). Short-listed interview? It looked more to me like a walk-in! HR called each one in random order and only 2 project managers were taking interviews. They took approximately 20 mins to interview every candidate. The wait was unbearable. 3 hours passed finally it was my turn, the project manager asked quickly about my previous experience and started questioning. Questions were mostly tricky (Unix, Shell Scripting) considering it was the first round. Selected candidates were then sent to second round (technical). After 4 hours of interview process only 2 people made it second round!

Interview Questions
    • I don't think the questions were difficult but tricky yes, not the usual/popular questions expected at interviews.

1. Display 10 most CPU intensive processes or Display process sorted on CPU usage.
          I know its ps, but the answer is more elaborate, something like
          ps -eo %cpu,pid,comm | sort -nr | head -10
          top command (?)

2. How to get the last 10 lines of a file (easy)
          tail filename

3. How to zip and unzip files in unix? (easy)
          gzip and gunzip
          bzip2 and bunzip2
          zip and unzip (explain with syntax)

4. How do you display line nos. in files( easy)
          cat -n filename or
          nl
          pr(Paginating output) pr -n

5. How do you fire a shell script? (easy)
          sh file.sh
          bash file.sh
          chmod +x file.sh // Give execute permission
          ./file.sh

6. How do you save and exit from vi editor? (easy)
          :wq

7. How do you create a new file? (This is a generic question & rather tricky. I hope one of the
          answer suffices!)
          vi input mode press [i] and type :x
          cat > foo
          touch emp.lst // creates a file if it doesn't exist

8. Name some shell scripts used for monitoring? (Generic no specific answer)
          Check alert log files for error messages, Checking disk usage so on.
        View Answer

Technical Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at L&T Infotech in November 2013.

After 2 tech discussion , I had word with a senior lady for L&T. I never seen aarrogant lady in my life , who was interviewer. She was thinking , she invent the technology. She didn't have knowledge of basic things .From her words it was look like she joined this company as fresher and with time , she got pushed to senior postion.I can say , She was a frog of well.she was talking like govt officer lady.