LA Fitness

Getting the Interview

8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Oakdale, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at LA Fitness in February 2014.

Interview Details – Normal interview with basic interview questions. professional dress. arrive a few mins early, make sure to already have your application filled out online before you arrive also make sure to bring a hard copy of your resume. be to the interview ten mis before your scheduled time. take a note pad with you in case you want to write anything down but usually is not needed.

Interview Question – all the questions were easy.   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at LA Fitness in December 2013.

Interview Details – I submitted my application online and the next morning I received a call from the manager asking me to come in for an interview. I went in and was asked about 5 questions and after a short conversation I was hired on the spot. I was surprised because although I felt more than capable to do the job, I wasn't given any info on what the pay was, hours, or other general info before I was already told I was hired. The interview was easy and comfortable with only general interview questions asked. "What do you feel are your strengths", "Tell me about yourself", "What do you feel you could contribute to our company" etc. After being hired I was told to go home and log onto the website to fill out new hire paperwork, which you are compensated for the time required to do this, then I began training the following week.

Interview Question – "What would you say are two strengths and two weaknesses about yourself"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered the job quickly and I accepted.

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at LA Fitness.

Interview Details – Applied online, took a week or so for a call to schedule an in person interview the next day. Went in for the interview and the personal training manager (who interviewed me) was 30 minutes late! I was told by the front desk that he was taking his break... He then interviews me which was more of a job description, informing me of the pay (9.10 + commission) and what the hours are like. The only question he asked was "tell me about yourself". After the job description, he told me he would give me a call the same night or the next morning. Never recieved the call, called a couple times to follow up but never was able to reach him.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Front Desk

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at LA Fitness.

Interview Details – Basic - An operations manager will interview you; see if you have the basic skills to multitask the front desk, if you can work the kids klub.

Negotiation Details – none $8.00 (california wage)

Santa Ana, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at LA Fitness in November 2011.

Interview Details – For the interview it is recommended to wear all black. You will most likely be interviewed by the GM. Staff is more than usual really nice and it will be a super chill interview. As a front desk they don't really care about your fitness knowledge, or appearance.

Interview Question – "why do you want to work for LA fitness"   View Answer

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at LA Fitness in January 2012.

Interview Details – Submit app online, they call. Interview with operations manager (they work at the front desk) then you are hired. You train for a couple days then you work alone at the desk. No tests.

Interview Question – Not hard at all, just questions based on previous experience   Answer Question

Lawrenceville, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at LA Fitness in January 2013.

Interview Details – I went directly to the LA fitness location I was trying to work at and turned in my resume and cover letter. Two days later I called up there to follow up and the hiring manager scheduled an interview with me. The day of the interview the hiring manager called to reschedule the interview for the following day. When I went to my interview I waited for an hour before I was seen. The interview itself went very well. She asked very generic interview questions such as, "Give me 4 adjectives to describe yourself" and "What is your weakness?" She seemed to take a liking to me and told me she'd give me a call by the end of the week. She never called so I followed up the following week. Come to find out the hiring manager was out with the flu and I was asked to follow up later on that week. When I did so, she told me what happened and that she would call me when she's done interviewing all her candidates. She never called back and I loss interest in the position.

Front Desk

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at LA Fitness in September 2010.

Interview Details – I walked in and asked for the manager, then asked if they were hiring at the time. I was told yes, asked what I was doing with my life, and then offered a job.

Interview Question – What am I doing with my life?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Interviews for Top Jobs at LA Fitness

Worked for LA Fitness? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at LA Fitness Front Desk interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by LA Fitness employees and interview candidates.