LA Fitness International LLC.
www.lafitness.com 1000 to 5000 Employees

Relevance Date Difficulty

Membership Manager Interview

Membership Manager
Irvine, CA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at LA Fitness International LLC. in December 2011.

Interview Details – I showed up in a suit to interview with a regional vice president. He was very impressed with the fact that I appeared professional and with my experience in industry. There are a series of "non-negotiable" questions, but instead of asking them directly, he asked more subtly.

Interview Question – Non-negotiable questions: no felonies; must have reliable transportation; cannot be a student, not even online courses; must be available all the time; no visible tattoos; must be willing to shave all facial hair; cannot have any other job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was hired as a sales consultant but told I would receive a GM position within six months if performed. I was promoted in a month.

General Manager Interview

General Manager
Buffalo, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at LA Fitness International LLC. in September 2012.

Interview Details – Call on Phone, Met with VP hired on spot

Interview Question – Will you give up everything to work for us, and we mean everything, you will not beable to call off sick for the next 6 month.. "Really asked"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was none, basically they offered a good wage, but once your hired thats when it all changes.

Personal Trainer Interview

Personal Trainer
Edina, MN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at LA Fitness International LLC. in August 2012.

Interview Details – I would say lack of interview is more accurate. The person I spoke to was very casual. Instead of interview questions launched right into how the job worked. I was a little confused. I was dressed for interview but there were no real questions. The interviewer was actually more impressed with my credentials and said that was all they needed to know for hiring me. The interviewer actually said they would be pumping me for knowledge. I have limited credentials. They were offering a small amount per session, no hourly , no benefits. Which was fine being that this was my 1st trainer job. With no experience I knew I'd have to pay my dues.

Reason for Declining – I accepted offer at first but declined later. I was completely mislead about job, hours... As my 1st day approached I asked more questions. I realized I'd been built up for nothing. The job described to me correct but they had left out some very important information. . I would find out later that this company has a revolving door of trainers. Most clients complain about having diffrent trainer per session. It was also very obvious that this club didn't not value their trainers at all. The only people who got a decent pay were the sales people. The trainers do the work but get the smallest peice of the pie. Also when I went to workout at a La fitness they tried a very very weak hustle with my boyfriend. When entering he was my guest. They asked for his drivers liscense. They then explained they would hold onto it tell he left. Annoying but fine. When we were leaving and asked for it back they made some big show about how they couldn't find it. The front desk girl went and asked we're it might be. We were then lead to sales area. The guy asked how workout was and without letting us get word in launched into sales pitch . Only after making it clear. He was not interested did the drivers liscense resurface. I was furious. I was already having doubts about job and company. I feel I dodged a very bad experience. Terrible pay. Terrible company ,terrible sales tactics. It put a very bad taste in my mouth about industry in general..

Operations Manager Interview

Operations Manager
National City, CA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at LA Fitness International LLC. in December 2011.

Interview Details – They came in interviewed me asked my previous job duties and not very much more.I interviewed them more than they interviewed me.I was told same day I had the position.

Operations Manager Interview

Operations Manager
Tampa, FL

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at LA Fitness International LLC. in April 2009.

Interview Details – After sending in resume to district manger and following up with several more emails, I was finally called for interview. I went to a presale trailer and waited about 45 minuntes before being called in the office. (I later heard that making the interviewee wait is a tactic LAF uses to intimidate ) Interview lasted about 30 minutes with only the very basic and predictable interview questions asked. Shook hands and left.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – NO NEGOTIATIONS. you are paid what they tell you, beware of any promises of future raises and / or opportunities for advancement. Never happened in my 5 years of employment there.

Personal Trainer Interview

Personal Trainer
Mesa, AZ

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at LA Fitness International LLC. in June 2009.

Interview Details – The wait for the interview was long. The interviewer was not engaged in conversation. He did not seem interested in what I was saying. He seemed like he wanted to fill the job. He offered the job based on my experience.

Interview Question – What is your experience   View Answer

Reception Interview

Reception
Bolingbrook, IL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at LA Fitness International LLC. in February 2010.

Interview Details – I applied at a computer at the gym. Then 2 days later I recieved a call to come in fof an intervew. I came in the receptonist greeted me and told me to take a seast. 10 Minutes later the manager came and we went to his office then the interview began. He asked basic questions like my experience, and what I can contribute to the company. He then proceeded to tell me about clear ups calls which are calls a person makes to clients at the gym to pay their bills. Then he asked me if I had any questions about the company. Then the interview was over.

Interview Questions

Personal Fitness Trainer Interview

Personal Fitness Trainer
Oviedo, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at LA Fitness International LLC. in February 2008.

Interview Details – One of the simplist interview processes. I went there, asked if they were hiring... said they were accepting applications. I filled one out and a couple days later got a call from the head of personal training department. He asked a few questions and scheduled a face to face interview a few days later. I don't remember exactly how it went but it was pretty easy. A few days later he called me back and offered me the opportunity after discussing with manager. I started working the next day.

Interview Question – What made you decide to work at LA Fitness?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They don't negotiate on rates.

Front Desk Receptionist Interview

Front Desk Receptionist

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at LA Fitness International LLC..

Interview Details – I basically went in and ask if they were hiring, some one at the front desk took me to a computer and had me fill out an application. The operations manager glanced at mt resume ( I'm over qualified this was just a side job for me) We talked about my availability and the hours and sending in a background check for the Kids Klub as well. I was hired that same day. With in a week I was working.

Negotiation Details – Ask for 9 dollars an hour for the kids klub department. They get paid more. But then you can stay with the same pay if you switch over to front desk.

Front Desk Receptionist Interview

Front Desk Receptionist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at LA Fitness International LLC. in June 2009.

Interview Details – I applied in person and the manager was teaching a fitness class so another employee told me that she would call when ready. I got a call 30 minutes later from the manager who scheduled the interview for the next morning. I showed up the next morning 10 minutes early, and an employee called the manager who said she was going to be an hour late. I went to starbucks, came back and had the interview. The questions were basic interview questions, ie. "describe your flaws...why do you think you would be a good fit for this position?" etc. when the interview was over, she offered me the job so long as my background check came back clean. A few days later when my background check came back, she scheduled me for training.

Interview Question – What are some flaws about yourself?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at LA Fitness International LLC.

Worked for LA Fitness International LLC.? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at LA Fitness International LLC. interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by LA Fitness International LLC. employees and interview candidates.