LA Fitness

77 candidate interviews

Group Fitness Instructor Interview

Group Fitness Instructor
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online - interviewed at LA Fitness in March 2012.

Interview Details – Stress Interview. Interviewer wanted me to demo actual parts of my class format, i.e. warmup, cardio, cool down, etc. in an artificial environment, facing her, without any participants.
Interviewer asked me what I get paid at other places I have worked, then she proceeded to have comments that expressed her opinion that the $ amount was too high (!!).
The seated interviewer wrote copious notes, while keeping me standing and waiting. Atmosphere of interviewer was adversarial.

Interview Question – Why don't you have a regular weekly assignment now?   View Answer

Operations Manager Interview

Operations Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at LA Fitness in April 2012.

Interview Details – I had a brief telephone interview, and then the in-person interview was arranged.

Interview Question – Interview was pretty standard...past experience, how I handled difficult members, how did I handle past due accounts. Salary ranges were discussed.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Salary was lower than I was willing to accept.

MEMBERSHIP COUNSELOR Interview

MEMBERSHIP COUNSELOR

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at LA Fitness in May 2014.

Interview Details – The interview was straight forward. They want new memberships and to meet quotas. They asked me 3 times in the interview if I was comfortable with being in a place that drove memberships first and foremost. They mentioned how a typical work week would be and what their expectations were for cold calling and field time. They had fairly detailed expectations for what a good membership counselor is compared to one that is less than effective. They kept talking about the fast track to management and that being promoted to weekend Manager and then to General Manager running your own club was the ultimate goal. And all of this would be available for someone that came in and sold to their production expectations. Full benefits and schedule were discussed at the end.

Interview Question – Their big question was can someone handle the grind of making sometimes hundreds of phone calls and making field visits to bring in memberships during every shift.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – A better offer came up closer to home.

Chicago, IL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at LA Fitness in June 2010.

Interview Details – I liked the guy I interviewed with. The only thing that frustrated me was he kept me waiting for a long time (interview was scheduled to start at 1 and I sat there until almost 1:30) and also he was so busy he had to keep answering the phone and leaving in the middle of the interview. I was offered a job, and am still considering it, but all the bad reviews online are scaring me.

Interview Question – When can you start?   Answer Question

Training Director Interview

Training Director

The process took 3 days - interviewed at LA Fitness in December 2011.

Interview Details – Submitted on line application, met with a guy who I will call x, I liked x, enjoyed his outlook thought the position was a good fit. X called the next day and said y, would be I touch. Wasn't sure how y fit in, y called, via the conversation. I had no idea if y was a man or woman. I was ref to y's boss, I drove across the county and met with a sleazy sales guy who brought out paper and drew diagrams of $... Like I was buying a car !!! I didn't get a word in and sleezy sales guy, spent too much time, promising raises and promotions. Should have been a red flag.

I was sent back to y, come to find out y was a female, very heavy steroid use.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No? No negotiations just a piece of odd paper with scribblings

Membership Sales Advisor Interview

Membership Sales Advisor
Tinley Park, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at LA Fitness in March 2010.

Interview Details – I got a call for an interview. After afew brief questions, decided on a time and te for an interview in person.

Interview Question – higest goal achieved.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was a brief interview. He asked afew questions about jobs on my resume and hired me.

General Manager Interview

General Manager
London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at LA Fitness in February 2009.

Interview Details – Pretty good, fairly in depth but Company have high staff turnover, they dont take care of GMs.

Interview Question – None, RD did interview, he was very profesional.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Good, decent money offer.

Membership Sales Counselor Interview

Membership Sales Counselor

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at LA Fitness.

Interview Details – The hiring process was very fast and pitchy meaning the interviewer was trying to sale me on the job. And the opportunity to make lots of money sounded great only if I was about to make the sales, otherwise the pay would have been little to none.

Interview Question – Are you willing to work 6 days a week?   Answer Question

Personal Trainer

I applied in-person and interviewed at LA Fitness.

Interview Details – Not hard at all just make sure you know your stuff, make sure that you have good people skills you will be dealing with every type of person. I you dont have paitence with others this is not the job for you

Interview Question – dealing with unruly clients   Answer Question

Personal Trainer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at LA Fitness.

Interview Details – Employee referral. Took a few days

Interview Question – How do you take one's BMI ?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – min wage+commisiion+bonuses -

Interviews for Top Jobs at LA Fitness

Worked for LA Fitness? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at LA Fitness interview questions and advice. All 77 interview reviews posted anonymously by LA Fitness employees and interview candidates.