LA Fitness

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Average Difficulty
80 candidate interviews

Personal Trainer

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at LA Fitness.

Interview Details – Interview. Sample workout. Hired

Interview Question – Sample workout is the most difficult if you dont know what youre doing. Be prepared with a workout before coming in.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Baby Sitter Interview

Baby Sitter
Hemet, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at LA Fitness in July 2012.

Interview Details – I was referred by an employee. I had to speak with two managers a few times before I was interviewed. The interview was done by both managers and was hired on the spot. I was told that the job was challenging and if I couldn't do it, I had to let them know right then and there.

Interview Question – I was asked if I was willing to drop everything I was doing on a day off to cover someone else's shift.   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – minimum wage, part time hours.

Interviewed at LA Fitness

Interview Details – Interview process what me walking in asking if they were hiring and I was hired on the spot! Many inexperienced trainers will get hired!

Interview Question – There were no questions!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Club Staff Interview

Club Staff
Long Beach, CA

I applied online and interviewed at LA Fitness.

Interview Details – I submitted my application online and then went in person a few weeks later to check up on it. I got lucky and the Ops Manager was working the front and pulled me aside for a 2 sec interview then pulled me to his desk for a 5 minute interview and offered me a part-time position to start.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I was offered minimum wage. I can't go from making 40k/year(about $19/hour) to roughly 17k/year($8/hour). I have a bachelors from a UCLA, I have loans to pay back and then some!

Personal Training Counselor Interview

Personal Training Counselor

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at LA Fitness.

Interview Details – Submitted application, received a call a few days later. Casual interview was given before my workout (I was in gym clothes and they didn't care). Hired within 5 min (turnover is VERY high). If you don't get a call within a week, call the PT director because all online applicatoins go into an online application pool and you can easily get overlooked.

Interview Question – No questions really, only if I was a certified trainer, when I could start, it's a joke there.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – ZERO room for negotiation.

Front Desk Interview

Front Desk

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at LA Fitness.

Interview Details – Basic - An operations manager will interview you; see if you have the basic skills to multitask the front desk, if you can work the kids klub.

Negotiation Details – none $8.00 (california wage)

Assistant FItness Manager Interview

Assistant FItness Manager

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at LA Fitness.

Interview Details – Went well. Little too well. Wasn't really asked too many questions. Sort of just offered the position immediately. No matter how well qualified I might have been for the position, I still feel like they should have done a better job at screening.

Interview Question – Not many questions were asked on my ability to do the job.   Answer Question

Interviewed at LA Fitness

Interview Details – Fill internet papers, receive a call interview...

Interview Question – Difficult   Answer Question

Personal Training Coordinator Interview

Personal Training Coordinator

Interviewed at LA Fitness

Interview Details – Interviewer was 45 minutes late and acted like it was as if he was early. Very brief and quiet during interview, I was surprised I was able to hear his questions. Didn't seem too eager to have a career minded individual in front of him eager to work. Brushed me off and said he would call during the day with an answer - never called.

Interview Question – No real difficult questions.   Answer Question

Security Interview

Security

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at LA Fitness.

Interview Details – You speak with the hiring manager in the facility, fill out and sign tons of paper work, sit down and speak with the General manager and the weekend manager, and conduct a phone interview with the District manager

Interview Question – When was the last situation you have been in where you had to handle an argument or disgruntled customer with intentions of getting physical?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There really is no negotiation they just tell you how much they will pay you and how many hours you'll work.

Worked for LA Fitness? Contribute to the Community!