LA Fitness

Relevance Date Difficulty

Front Desk Interview

Front Desk
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at LA Fitness in December 2013.

Interview Details – I submitted my application online and the next morning I received a call from the manager asking me to come in for an interview. I went in and was asked about 5 questions and after a short conversation I was hired on the spot. I was surprised because although I felt more than capable to do the job, I wasn't given any info on what the pay was, hours, or other general info before I was already told I was hired. The interview was easy and comfortable with only general interview questions asked. "What do you feel are your strengths", "Tell me about yourself", "What do you feel you could contribute to our company" etc. After being hired I was told to go home and log onto the website to fill out new hire paperwork, which you are compensated for the time required to do this, then I began training the following week.

Interview Question – "What would you say are two strengths and two weaknesses about yourself"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered the job quickly and I accepted.

Aerobics Instructor Interview

Aerobics Instructor

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at LA Fitness in April 2013.

Interview Details – Online application, audition/interview appt. Wait several weeks, receive online new hire paperwork /orientation. Another appointment to go through paperwork again and electronically sign. Wait another week to receive a payrate.

Interview Question – me "I have never taught that format" Interviewer, " Show me something you would do ...(for that format"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, Low per class rate for area.

Personal Trainer Interview

Personal Trainer
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at LA Fitness in February 2013.

Interview Details – Very easy. Only took about 2 weeks

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions. They basically sold me on the position.   Answer Question

Front Desk Interview

Front Desk
Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at LA Fitness.

Interview Details – Applied online, took a week or so for a call to schedule an in person interview the next day. Went in for the interview and the personal training manager (who interviewed me) was 30 minutes late! I was told by the front desk that he was taking his break... He then interviews me which was more of a job description, informing me of the pay (9.10 + commission) and what the hours are like. The only question he asked was "tell me about yourself". After the job description, he told me he would give me a call the same night or the next morning. Never recieved the call, called a couple times to follow up but never was able to reach him.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

MEMBERSHIP COUNSELOR Interview

MEMBERSHIP COUNSELOR
Clearwater, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at LA Fitness in June 2013.

Interview Details – Very basic. It took 5 mins with 3 questions. Why do you want to work here...etc. The most basic interview questions there are.

Interview Question – If a guest walks in, how do you handle it? Introduce yourself, ask what brings them in, then take them to your desk so you can sell LA Fitness to them.   Answer Question

Personal Trainer Interview

Personal Trainer

Interviewed at LA Fitness

Interview Details – Fill internet papers, receive a call interview...

Interview Question – Difficult   Answer Question

Weekend Manager Interview

Weekend Manager

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at LA Fitness.

Interview Details – I met with the District VP. He looked at my resume told me which locations had openings and asked which one I wanted.

Interview Question – Nothing, I had a great resume and there was nothing I didn't expect.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Assistant FItness Manager Interview

Assistant FItness Manager

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at LA Fitness.

Interview Details – Went well. Little too well. Wasn't really asked too many questions. Sort of just offered the position immediately. No matter how well qualified I might have been for the position, I still feel like they should have done a better job at screening.

Interview Question – Not many questions were asked on my ability to do the job.   Answer Question

Assistant Operations Manager Interview

Assistant Operations Manager
Dayton, OH

I applied online and interviewed at LA Fitness.

Interview Details – I was contacted by e-mail for my interview. I had only one in-person interview before they said they were going to make a decision.

Interview Question – What do you feel is most challenging about managing?   Answer Question

Sales Counselor Interview

Sales Counselor

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at LA Fitness.

Interview Details – The GM of the club called me and I went in for an "interview" he was 20 minutes late and it was more like a chat than an interview. He kept fist bumping and giving me high fives. He was bragging more about himself than asking about me and my experience. I met with the District VP a few days later who was very loud and again bragging about himself. Assuring me that if I did well I would get promoted and could make close to 100k my first yr if I work hard. I then got a call a few days later and got the job.

Interview Question – Would you be willing to relocate immediately if asked?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.