LA Fitness

Relevance Date Difficulty

Front Desk Interview

Front Desk
Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at LA Fitness.

Interview Details – Applied online, took a week or so for a call to schedule an in person interview the next day. Went in for the interview and the personal training manager (who interviewed me) was 30 minutes late! I was told by the front desk that he was taking his break... He then interviews me which was more of a job description, informing me of the pay (9.10 + commission) and what the hours are like. The only question he asked was "tell me about yourself". After the job description, he told me he would give me a call the same night or the next morning. Never recieved the call, called a couple times to follow up but never was able to reach him.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

MEMBERSHIP COUNSELOR Interview

MEMBERSHIP COUNSELOR
Clearwater, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at LA Fitness in June 2013.

Interview Details – Very basic. It took 5 mins with 3 questions. Why do you want to work here...etc. The most basic interview questions there are.

Interview Question – If a guest walks in, how do you handle it? Introduce yourself, ask what brings them in, then take them to your desk so you can sell LA Fitness to them.   Answer Question

Weekend Manager Interview

Weekend Manager

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at LA Fitness.

Interview Details – I met with the District VP. He looked at my resume told me which locations had openings and asked which one I wanted.

Interview Question – Nothing, I had a great resume and there was nothing I didn't expect.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Personal Trainer Interview

Personal Trainer

Interviewed at LA Fitness

Interview Details – Fill internet papers, receive a call interview...

Interview Question – Difficult   Answer Question

Assistant FItness Manager Interview

Assistant FItness Manager

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at LA Fitness.

Interview Details – Went well. Little too well. Wasn't really asked too many questions. Sort of just offered the position immediately. No matter how well qualified I might have been for the position, I still feel like they should have done a better job at screening.

Interview Question – Not many questions were asked on my ability to do the job.   Answer Question

Assistant Operations Manager Interview

Assistant Operations Manager
Dayton, OH

I applied online and interviewed at LA Fitness.

Interview Details – I was contacted by e-mail for my interview. I had only one in-person interview before they said they were going to make a decision.

Interview Question – What do you feel is most challenging about managing?   Answer Question

Sales Counselor Interview

Sales Counselor

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at LA Fitness.

Interview Details – The GM of the club called me and I went in for an "interview" he was 20 minutes late and it was more like a chat than an interview. He kept fist bumping and giving me high fives. He was bragging more about himself than asking about me and my experience. I met with the District VP a few days later who was very loud and again bragging about himself. Assuring me that if I did well I would get promoted and could make close to 100k my first yr if I work hard. I then got a call a few days later and got the job.

Interview Question – Would you be willing to relocate immediately if asked?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Personal Trainer Interview

Personal Trainer
West Chester, OH

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at LA Fitness in October 2012.

Interview Details – My former company was acquired by LA Fitness. There was no formal interview process, just a multitude of digital paperwork. We were not adequately trained to use their software which was largely outdated & difficult for both employees and club patrons to use. The transition was abrupt and

Interview Question – They never asked one! We were introduced to so many random managers with no local ties to our gym that you didn't know who you really worked for...   Answer Question

Sales Counselor Interview

Sales Counselor

I applied in-person and interviewed at LA Fitness.

Interview Details – They Hire on the spot, ask if you want to make an income of $30,000 or more.
Look for salesmanship, may ask to role play in the interview.
They oversell the salary only telling you what you COULD get paid which isn't the average.

Interview Question – Can you work on bringing business on your own?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation, minimum wage plus commission

Janitor Interview

Janitor

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at LA Fitness.

Interview Details – My friend referred me, and they really needed someone so the interview was a few seconds.

Interview Question – None, it's pretty straightforward.   Answer Question