LA Fitness Interview Questions

Updated Sep 27, 2014
Updated Sep 27, 2014

1.6

Operations Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at LA Fitness in September 2014.

Got a phone call from Area manager for preliminary interview. After I was asked to go for a phone interview at the club. I went and waited a half hour for Regional Manager to call. Half way through I was told he needed to take care of something and would call me back in a half hour around noon. I didn't get a call back until 7pm at night. Was told that corporate would call, they never did. Same guy I did phone interview with called and requested an in person interview at the club. I went, he seemed busy not looking at me, on the computer as we interviewed, then said someone would call me within a week. Now, three weeks later someone was hired for the position. No one ever called me out of professionalism or respect for my time to say position was filled. Area manager was a typical "pill popper" will a typical arrogance. Company has no respect for employees, low pay for a lot of hours. I have a Master's degree in Athletic Admin, the pay rate for this job wasn't even close to a Master's degree's worth. 13/hr no benefits.

Personal Trainer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at LA Fitness.

Interviewed with the PTD on Tuesday and we went over work history, experience, etc.. He gave me a quick tour of the gym and said he'd call me later that day or the next few days. He didn't call right away so I followed up, twice. Finally got a call back from the GM asking for a second interview on Friday. I showed up and we went over some questions like the PTD asked then I was offered the job. Stayed and filled out paperwork and was ready to start right away Monday morning.

Interview Questions
    • The interview lasted like 15 minutes and he didn't ask anything difficult or anything.   Answer Question
    I was just happy to have my dream job at that point I didn't negotiate.

Sales Counselor Interview

VERY SIMPLE. Walked in talked about the position for 10 minutes and was hired on the spot. Hiring manager asked me very simple and broad questions. I had little to no previous sales experience prior to be hired. As with most sales positions I was told about the insane amount of $ that I could/would be making. It ended up being BS. Pays minimum wage.

Front Desk Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at LA Fitness in July 2014.

I applied online and shortly after (5days) a representative called me and conducted a phone interview. The interview itself entailed simple questions like availability, prior experiences and so forth.

APTD Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wayne, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, NJ

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at LA Fitness in July 2014.

Called in for an interview to a location extremely far and barron. After waiting the interviewer did not show up and was interviewed by a 23 year old kid. The District VP called and gave me the job, but needed to start the following morning.

Front Desk Operations and Personal Training Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Trumbull, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trumbull, CT

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at LA Fitness.

interview is basically to see how enthusiastic you are to make a horrible pay and the promise of a small possibility to make money. For example in operations you can make $5 for every account clear up you get. but in reality you only get 1-2 some times 3 in a day. Then as sales if you make commission you could make between 500-1500 in bonuses but if some one cancels you lose that bonus but the company keeps there money. they will fill you will illusions of gandure and sell you the dream if you wana buy it.

Interview Questions
    • are you looking for a career or just a job   View Answer
    no negotiation. eitehr you take it or you dont

Sales Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at LA Fitness.

Getting hired and interviewed is easy--however you must be passionate about sales even without experience. This is not an easy job--however when successful, you gain lots of benefits in salary.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation- they have a set draw or commission pay

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oakdale, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakdale, MN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at LA Fitness in February 2014.

Normal interview with basic interview questions. professional dress. arrive a few mins early, make sure to already have your application filled out online before you arrive also make sure to bring a hard copy of your resume. be to the interview ten mis before your scheduled time. take a note pad with you in case you want to write anything down but usually is not needed.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online - interviewed at LA Fitness.

I applied for the Operations Manager position online using Jobing.com. Within a week I received a call from a manger after 7pm on a Wednesday night; not recognizing the number and the time of night being outside normal business hours I let the call go to voice-mail.

The next morning I returned the call and was amazed at how rude and unprofessional both the young woman answering the phone and the manager that she was screaming to across the room were (she slammed the phone down on desk/counter and begin screaming to the manager, who yelled his answer back to her, so I heard the whole conversation, including where the manager told the employee to lie to me).

After hearing the exchange between the manager and employee I was done! I was no longer interested in the position or working the company.

I politely told the young lady I was no longer interested in the position and hung up.

Interview Questions
    • I did not get the chance to talk to the manger, he was hungover from the night before and didn't want to "deal with me".   Answer Question

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at LA Fitness.

Applied online, took a week or so for a call to schedule an in person interview the next day. Went in for the interview and the personal training manager (who interviewed me) was 30 minutes late! I was told by the front desk that he was taking his break... He then interviews me which was more of a job description, informing me of the pay (9.10 + commission) and what the hours are like. The only question he asked was "tell me about yourself". After the job description, he told me he would give me a call the same night or the next morning. Never recieved the call, called a couple times to follow up but never was able to reach him.

Interview Questions

Worked for LA Fitness? Contribute to the Community!