LA Fitness Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

1.8

Group Fitness Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LA Fitness.

Interview

Had to audition--very quick. Felt like they were going to hire me regardless of what I did at the audition b/c of recent growth. I initially auditioned for a zumba position--they wanted to see about 30 seconds of each style plus a warm-up.

Club Staff Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at LA Fitness.

Interview

I walked in and got the job at the spot. There really isn't an interview front the front desk position. For sales reps, they bring you in for an interview and ask you basics question and how to interact with the clients.

Personal Training Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LA Fitness (Pittsburgh, PA) in July 2015.

Interview

Just came in and sat down to talk with the current ptc. It was a very cut dry interview and I did not get an official offer. I said I would think about it. The hours with the split shift make for a long day plus base salary is way lower than minimum wage

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience in sales?   1 Answer

Sales Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beavercreek, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LA Fitness (Beavercreek, OH) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied using Indeed.com, got a call to schedule an interview the very next day. My interview was at 1pm, so I showed up. The GM I was supposed to do my interview with, was with potential customers because she scheduled an appointment right when my interview was, she had 2 other appointments at 1:30 and 2pm both leaving right before the other showed up so I sat waiting until 2:30 before she finally came and got me for my interview, it was completely unprofessional and aggravating. In my interview, she made the job sound unappealing as if she was trying to get me not to want it, she offered me a second interview but I told her I had to leave because I had another interview at 3 because I did not expect that to take 2 hours. She gave me a look like "what the hell?" for having an interview somewhere else as if the only place I could ever want to work is LA Fitness. She asked me to call to schedule the second interview but I am not calling. Also, the job seems like a crap job. You have to harass all your friends and family and then their friends and family and so on and so on.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for LA Fitness?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Slidell, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at LA Fitness (Slidell, LA) in June 2015.

Interview

It went very well, outside sales, meeting new people lots of calls outbound .. I was told I'd hear back, never did. Two weeks later, another person contacted me at the same location and wants an interview. I accepted, but will keep my options open!

Interview Questions

• Have any experience with sales   1 Answer

Sales Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at LA Fitness (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

Sat down and talked about sales mostly, like experience. Not much care about fitness knowledge. Asked me to "sale him this pen". Then he called back the next day and scheduled another meeting to tell me he wants to hire me. After he made me wait a week before hiring me. Finally I come in and he tells me that I have to talk to the district VP and that he will officially hire me. The district VP basically asks the same questions and then I was officially hired

Interview Questions

• Do you have any history in sales   1 Answer

Assistant FItness Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LA Fitness (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I had an interview with the Training Director, and then an interview with the regional VP. I have also seen people interview with the General Manager. Pretty much the interview is very relaxed, and is more like a meet and greet so they can gauge your personality and ability to converse with people.

Personal Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murrieta, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at LA Fitness (Murrieta, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

It was pretty quick and took about a week to hear back. I met with my direct superior and spoke about basic things like why I would be a god fit for the company. The overall process took about 20 minutes for interviewing followed by 70 days of waiting for paperwork to be pushed through. I was offered the job on the seventh day

Interview Questions

• Have you dealt with angry customers in The past.   1 Answer
    • Why would you be a good fit?   1 Answer

MEMBERSHIP COUNSELOR Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at LA Fitness in May 2015.

Interview

simply talked to GM and when I found out he wanted someone next day I told him I would do it and he hired me on the spot . Two people asked me same questions - sounded like they both wanted to know the response directly from me .

Personal Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LA Fitness (Wayne, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

Called in within about a week for a single interview after applying online. I was offered a job before being asked any significant questions about my training methodologies. Job was offered purely based upon my personality and ability to converse with Personal Training Director in a friendly manner. Training skill isn't really a factor.

Interview Questions

• Do feel you could utilize bodyweight exercise with your clients?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any experience as a personal trainer?   Answer Question