LA Fitness

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Clearwater, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at LA Fitness in June 2013.

Interview Details – Very basic. It took 5 mins with 3 questions. Why do you want to work here...etc. The most basic interview questions there are.

Interview Question – If a guest walks in, how do you handle it? Introduce yourself, ask what brings them in, then take them to your desk so you can sell LA Fitness to them.   Answer Question

Schaumburg, IL

I applied online - interviewed at LA Fitness in October 2012.

Interview Details – Submitted my applicaton online. Got a call to go in for interview. Told to take my CV/Resume with me. He asked me some questions relating to my my previous work on resume. Then showed me around the gym. Asked me what type of work i was looking for full time/part time?? Said part time. He said that within 3 months they look to promote, to manager role, weekend manager or General Manager. Weird I thought. Offered me job there and then.

Negotiation Details – I didnt negotiate. They pay seems confusing but I will find out more and repost.

Membership Counselor

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at LA Fitness in February 2011.

Interview Details – I've got a call from GM in the morning. We scheduled the interview in the afternoon that day. Emergency suddenly came up so I had to reschedule the interview. I called in and politely asked for the GM to reschedule to next time other than today. The GM did not even come to the phone. He made the receptionist at the front desk to respond and say, "he said nevermind, it's ok. Thanks though." That was it. I mean gyms like LA Fitness and Lifetime fitness may seem very nice inside and out but the staffs and managements on site are totally unprofessional like this. They are so rude. He did not even have a courtesy to pick up the phone and say it himself. I know few other people also did not have pleasant experience with the staffs b/c of their unprofessional behaviors and speech. Some of them are way too laid back, cocky, and speak so sluggish, I can barely understand. I hope the corporate actually takes control and really screen who becomes GM & in management and such. I am glad I didn't waste my time there.

Membership Counselor

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at LA Fitness in June 2008.

Interview Details – Good company. They tend to rope you in and make you work more then you'll ever want to. They talk about the large possibilities, most of which are unattainable. Great people, care about their employees. For the job, you must be very outgoing and willing to do almost anything for the sale.

Interview Question – Are you ready to work hard?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at LA Fitness

Worked for LA Fitness? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at LA Fitness Membership Counselor interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by LA Fitness employees and interview candidates.