LA Fitness

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at LA Fitness in April 2012.

Interview Details – I had a brief telephone interview, and then the in-person interview was arranged.

Interview Question – Interview was pretty standard...past experience, how I handled difficult members, how did I handle past due accounts. Salary ranges were discussed.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Salary was lower than I was willing to accept.

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and interviewed at LA Fitness.

Interview Details – I applied for the Operations Manager position online using Jobing.com. Within a week I received a call from a manger after 7pm on a Wednesday night; not recognizing the number and the time of night being outside normal business hours I let the call go to voice-mail.

The next morning I returned the call and was amazed at how rude and unprofessional both the young woman answering the phone and the manager that she was screaming to across the room were (she slammed the phone down on desk/counter and begin screaming to the manager, who yelled his answer back to her, so I heard the whole conversation, including where the manager told the employee to lie to me).

After hearing the exchange between the manager and employee I was done! I was no longer interested in the position or working the company.

I politely told the young lady I was no longer interested in the position and hung up.

Interview Question – I did not get the chance to talk to the manger, he was hungover from the night before and didn't want to "deal with me".   Answer Question

Saint Clair Shores, MI

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at LA Fitness in December 2011.

Interview Details – I was employed with Bally's when LA acquired the company so I didn't really go through a formal hiring process. It was a VERY stressful few months after the transition but LA did a good job of trying to help the remaining employees through, there were minimal lay-offs.

Interview Question – The DOM was really just trying to make sure I was still willing to stay with the company and that I had basic skills. They could not afford to bring in more staff immediately so they wanted to keep as many managers as possible.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

National City, CA

Interview Details – They came in interviewed me asked my previous job duties and not very much more.I interviewed them more than they interviewed me.I was told same day I had the position.

Tampa, FL

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at LA Fitness in April 2009.

Interview Details – After sending in resume to district manger and following up with several more emails, I was finally called for interview. I went to a presale trailer and waited about 45 minuntes before being called in the office. (I later heard that making the interviewee wait is a tactic LAF uses to intimidate ) Interview lasted about 30 minutes with only the very basic and predictable interview questions asked. Shook hands and left.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – NO NEGOTIATIONS. you are paid what they tell you, beware of any promises of future raises and / or opportunities for advancement. Never happened in my 5 years of employment there.

Worked for LA Fitness? Contribute to the Community!