LA Fitness Operations Manager Interview Questions

1.5

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at LA Fitness in April 2012.

I had a brief telephone interview, and then the in-person interview was arranged.

Interview Questions
  • Interview was pretty standard...past experience, how I handled difficult members, how did I handle past due accounts. Salary ranges were discussed.   Answer Question

Salary was lower than I was willing to accept.

Other Interview Reviews for LA Fitness

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online - interviewed at LA Fitness.

I applied for the Operations Manager position online using Jobing.com. Within a week I received a call from a manger after 7pm on a Wednesday night; not recognizing the number and the time of night being outside normal business hours I let the call go to voice-mail.

The next morning I returned the call and was amazed at how rude and unprofessional both the young woman answering the phone and the manager that she was screaming to across the room were (she slammed the phone down on desk/counter and begin screaming to the manager, who yelled his answer back to her, so I heard the whole conversation, including where the manager told the employee to lie to me).

After hearing the exchange between the manager and employee I was done! I was no longer interested in the position or working the company.

I politely told the young lady I was no longer interested in the position and hung up.

Interview Questions
    • I did not get the chance to talk to the manger, he was hungover from the night before and didn't want to "deal with me".   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Clair Shores, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Clair Shores, MI

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at LA Fitness in December 2011.

I was employed with Bally's when LA acquired the company so I didn't really go through a formal hiring process. It was a VERY stressful few months after the transition but LA did a good job of trying to help the remaining employees through, there were minimal lay-offs.

Interview Questions
    • The DOM was really just trying to make sure I was still willing to stay with the company and that I had basic skills. They could not afford to bring in more staff immediately so they wanted to keep as many managers as possible.   Answer Question
    None

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  National City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in National City, CA

They came in interviewed me asked my previous job duties and not very much more.I interviewed them more than they interviewed me.I was told same day I had the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at LA Fitness in April 2009.

After sending in resume to district manger and following up with several more emails, I was finally called for interview. I went to a presale trailer and waited about 45 minuntes before being called in the office. (I later heard that making the interviewee wait is a tactic LAF uses to intimidate ) Interview lasted about 30 minutes with only the very basic and predictable interview questions asked. Shook hands and left.

Interview Questions
    NO NEGOTIATIONS. you are paid what they tell you, beware of any promises of future raises and / or opportunities for advancement. Never happened in my 5 years of employment there.

Worked for LA Fitness? Contribute to the Community!