LA Fitness Personal Trainer Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2015

1.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murrieta, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at LA Fitness (Murrieta, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

It was pretty quick and took about a week to hear back. I met with my direct superior and spoke about basic things like why I would be a god fit for the company. The overall process took about 20 minutes for interviewing followed by 70 days of waiting for paperwork to be pushed through. I was offered the job on the seventh day

Interview Questions

• Have you dealt with angry customers in The past.   1 Answer
  • Why would you be a good fit?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for LA Fitness

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LA Fitness (Wayne, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

Called in within about a week for a single interview after applying online. I was offered a job before being asked any significant questions about my training methodologies. Job was offered purely based upon my personality and ability to converse with Personal Training Director in a friendly manner. Training skill isn't really a factor.

Interview Questions

• Do feel you could utilize bodyweight exercise with your clients?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any experience as a personal trainer?   Answer Question

Personal Trainer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at LA Fitness.

Interview

I initially applied online and got no response. I went into a club in person to submit my resume, and got an interview and was hired on the spot. The Training Director was not a personal trainer, just a good salesman.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't really a difficult question asked. Very straight forward, and the Director was not a personal trainer, so he really didn't know much about the fundamentals fitness (just how to sell it).   Answer Question

Negotiation

The only thing I was able to negotiate was the start date. Pay is set at $15/hour, however if you sell a training package, you get more commission than the sales counselors.

Anonymous Employee in Upper Marlboro, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LA Fitness (Upper Marlboro, MD) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process was based off a script the interviewer had and the answers that should be given based on the questions. The interviewer also looks you over to make sure you look the part of a personal trainer. Then I had to take the interviewer through a workout using the scenario he gave me. Since I wasn't familiar with their gym I walked around lost. He had another interview after mine who he was very excited to interview so he cut my interview short, gave me constructive criticism and sent me on my way.

Interview Questions

• If you do your research (look at their website) before the interview all the questions are the basic interview questions. No difficult questions. ex. Why do you want to person train, what are you goals long and short term. Give an example of how you trained a client and what was the out come.   Answer Question

Personal Trainer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LA Fitness in September 2014.

Interview

Very Brief and to the point. They want someone who is knowledgeable and calm. Understanding and someone who knows how to build rapport with people. You need to know how to -Build rapport -friendly -Understandable -Calm -Resourceful -Manageable It was a very quick interview process. Experience is definitely a plus!

Interview Questions

• What skills or attributes can you add in becoming a personal trainer   Answer Question

Personal Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at LA Fitness.

Interview

Interviewed with the PTD on Tuesday and we went over work history, experience, etc.. He gave me a quick tour of the gym and said he'd call me later that day or the next few days. He didn't call right away so I followed up, twice. Finally got a call back from the GM asking for a second interview on Friday. I showed up and we went over some questions like the PTD asked then I was offered the job. Stayed and filled out paperwork and was ready to start right away Monday morning.

Interview Questions

• The interview lasted like 15 minutes and he didn't ask anything difficult or anything.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was just happy to have my dream job at that point I didn't negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at LA Fitness (Newport, KY) in March 2014.

Interview

Was a current member at the gym and decided to talk to the Personal trainer at the desk. They said they were hiring and that I should submit a resume. 3 days later I took my drug test and started with new clientele.

Interview Questions

• What is the first thing you do with a new client?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LA Fitness (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2014.

Interview

I first contacted en employee at a different LA Fitness to see if they we're hiring and they told me another location was hiring so I was referred to them. I called them up and talked to the training director. We talked for a while and asked me to meet him in a week. In the 1on1 interview he tested me on a few fitness questions then just got to know me as a person to see if I could fit in the team.

Interview Questions

• If you had an elderly client who had trouble getting on the floor, how would you workout his abs?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westchester, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LA Fitness (Westchester, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

I was asked if I was interested in becoming a trainer after they became aware of my having a personal training certificate.

Negotiation

I was given the highest training position and was told I would receive a certain amount per training session only to find out that the pay is a bit less and that there is no guarantee that you will receive the commission you worked hard to earn because of the same shady Sales Training / Hiring Manager takes it for himself.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LA Fitness (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

Was never actually interviewed by anyone. They needed a trainer and approached me. I was offered a job due to the fact that they needed a spot filled and appeared to be having a hard time filling the spot. Offered me a certain hourly rate which was a lie and then denied saying that rate was offered or didn't realize the rate was different (the story changed). I only took the job because I had been unemployed for 17 months prior and needed a steady paycheck (even a small paycheck).

Interview Questions

• What was my experience in training people?   1 Answer