LA Fitness

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Diego, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at LA Fitness.

Interview Details – Getting hired and interviewed is easy--however you must be passionate about sales even without experience. This is not an easy job--however when successful, you gain lots of benefits in salary.

Interview Question – What happens if you do not make your goal?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation- they have a set draw or commission pay

Sales Counselor

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at LA Fitness.

Interview Details – The GM of the club called me and I went in for an "interview" he was 20 minutes late and it was more like a chat than an interview. He kept fist bumping and giving me high fives. He was bragging more about himself than asking about me and my experience. I met with the District VP a few days later who was very loud and again bragging about himself. Assuring me that if I did well I would get promoted and could make close to 100k my first yr if I work hard. I then got a call a few days later and got the job.

Interview Question – Would you be willing to relocate immediately if asked?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Sales Counselor

I applied in-person and interviewed at LA Fitness.

Interview Details – They Hire on the spot, ask if you want to make an income of $30,000 or more.
Look for salesmanship, may ask to role play in the interview.
They oversell the salary only telling you what you COULD get paid which isn't the average.

Interview Question – Can you work on bringing business on your own?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation, minimum wage plus commission

Mount Laurel, NJ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at LA Fitness in December 2009.

Interview Details – They needed personnel. The interview process took about a week but was VERY easy. I needed a position and a cash flow at the time so it worked out

Interview Question – Very easy interview, the manager was just grateful that I dressed up in a suit and tie because other candidates did not.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, just offered me the position and I accepted.

Mount Laurel, NJ

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at LA Fitness in September 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring process was very easy. I had a phone interview and than a 1 on 1 interview. I received the job with a 3 minute interview.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Cincinnati, OH

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at LA Fitness.

Interview Details – Wasn't a hard interview, they have a tough time getting people to take the job in the first place. Asked basic questions such as do I have any sales experience and what is the closest experience I have to sales.

Interview Question – He asked if I owned a car, but not because he wanted to make sure I got to work on time. He didn't tell me that I would be driving around uncompensated passing out passes. Other than that he just asked me about what was on my resume.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was told the job pays 7.70/hr but the great thing is, is that I can get promoted within four months and that GM's can make 70-80,000 (not true) and Weekend GM's can make 60-70,000 (not true). They didn't plan on keeping me longer than 4 months.

Interviews for Top Jobs at LA Fitness

Worked for LA Fitness? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at LA Fitness Sales Counselor interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by LA Fitness employees and interview candidates.