LA Fitness Sales Counselor Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2014

1.2

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Counselor Interview

VERY SIMPLE. Walked in talked about the position for 10 minutes and was hired on the spot. Hiring manager asked me very simple and broad questions. I had little to no previous sales experience prior to be hired. As with most sales positions I was told about the insane amount of $ that I could/would be making. It ended up being BS. Pays minimum wage.

Other Interview Reviews for LA Fitness

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at LA Fitness.

Getting hired and interviewed is easy--however you must be passionate about sales even without experience. This is not an easy job--however when successful, you gain lots of benefits in salary.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation- they have a set draw or commission pay

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at LA Fitness.

Wasn't a hard interview, they have a tough time getting people to take the job in the first place. Asked basic questions such as do I have any sales experience and what is the closest experience I have to sales.

Interview Questions
    • He asked if I owned a car, but not because he wanted to make sure I got to work on time. He didn't tell me that I would be driving around uncompensated passing out passes. Other than that he just asked me about what was on my resume.   View Answer
    I was told the job pays 7.70/hr but the great thing is, is that I can get promoted within four months and that GM's can make 70-80,000 (not true) and Weekend GM's can make 60-70,000 (not true). They didn't plan on keeping me longer than 4 months.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Laurel, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at LA Fitness in September 2010.

Hiring process was very easy. I had a phone interview and than a 1 on 1 interview. I received the job with a 3 minute interview.

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Laurel, NJ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at LA Fitness in December 2009.

They needed personnel. The interview process took about a week but was VERY easy. I needed a position and a cash flow at the time so it worked out

Interview Questions
    • Very easy interview, the manager was just grateful that I dressed up in a suit and tie because other candidates did not.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, just offered me the position and I accepted.