LA Fitness Sales Counselor Interview Questions

Updated Aug 11, 2015

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Beavercreek, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LA Fitness (Beavercreek, OH) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied using Indeed.com, got a call to schedule an interview the very next day. My interview was at 1pm, so I showed up. The GM I was supposed to do my interview with, was with potential customers because she scheduled an appointment right when my interview was, she had 2 other appointments at 1:30 and 2pm both leaving right before the other showed up so I sat waiting until 2:30 before she finally came and got me for my interview, it was completely unprofessional and aggravating. In my interview, she made the job sound unappealing as if she was trying to get me not to want it, she offered me a second interview but I told her I had to leave because I had another interview at 3 because I did not expect that to take 2 hours. She gave me a look like "what the hell?" for having an interview somewhere else as if the only place I could ever want to work is LA Fitness. She asked me to call to schedule the second interview but I am not calling. Also, the job seems like a crap job. You have to harass all your friends and family and then their friends and family and so on and so on.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for LA Fitness?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for LA Fitness

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at LA Fitness (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

Sat down and talked about sales mostly, like experience. Not much care about fitness knowledge. Asked me to "sale him this pen". Then he called back the next day and scheduled another meeting to tell me he wants to hire me. After he made me wait a week before hiring me. Finally I come in and he tells me that I have to talk to the district VP and that he will officially hire me. The district VP basically asks the same questions and then I was officially hired

Interview Questions

• Do you have any history in sales   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downingtown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at LA Fitness (Downingtown, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

Very brief, Q & A, He wanted to know what my background in sales was and why I chose this company. He was showing me a graph of how the pay structure worked. He was friendly but it takes a lot at LA fitness to move up to manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Success, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at LA Fitness (Lake Success, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

They show me the goals you have do 60-80 calls all about reach the goals and getting leads , only Commission not for me if your good with cold sales no training

Sales Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at LA Fitness.

Interview

Basically just asked about my sales experience. Was offered offered the job within 2 hours of leaving. Made me cover up tattoos and take out piercings. Wasn't given much training other than watching videos them thrown into the swing of things. Sales expectations are high right as you start.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Make sure the pay system works for you. Also make sure you have no life because you will work 40+ hours.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Highland Village, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LA Fitness (Highland Village, TX).

Interview

I applied in person and spoke with a manager that very same day about setting up an interview time. A couple days later I went back for my interview. It was fairly standard interview and went quickly. I started almost immediately. (I think they were in a bind to find a new sales person.)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating possible; all salary was commission based.

Sales Counselor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at LA Fitness.

Interview

I was called a couple days after applying online then calling in to check the status, I talked to the Personal training director then a day later set up an appointment with the District Vice President

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate a schedule, nor pay since it is commission based

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at LA Fitness (Orlando, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Your temporary password has been sent to the email address you provided. Please check your email for instructions now.Your temporary password has been sent to the email address you provided. Please check your email for instructions now.Your temporary password has been sent to the email address you provided. Please check your email for instructions now.

Interview Questions

• Your temporary password has been sent to the email address you provided. Please check your email for instructions now.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LA Fitness (Hollywood, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

My friend who worked there got me an interview with the Membership Sales Manager. She explained to me what the job required (minimum of 80 calls, 15 leads, 8 appts. 4 sales per shift) and asked me if I could handle it, I said yes because it did not seem THAT hard to do but just a warning they expect way more from you than just that. Called me later to have me come in for a follow up interview with the VP over telephone.

Interview Questions

• Have you had previous sales experience? What does customer service mean to you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LA Fitness (Atlanta, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was pretty easy. Meet with the gm and dm in the same day. They called me back the next day to see if I was still interested and that I got the job