LA Fitness (UK)

Updated Jul 16, 2014
Updated Jul 16, 2014

1.6

Training Director Interview

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at LA Fitness (UK) in December 2011.

Submitted on line application, met with a guy who I will call x, I liked x, enjoyed his outlook thought the position was a good fit. X called the next day and said y, would be I touch. Wasn't sure how y fit in, y called, via the conversation. I had no idea if y was a man or woman. I was ref to y's boss, I drove across the county and met with a sleazy sales guy who brought out paper and drew diagrams of $... Like I was buying a car !!! I didn't get a word in and sleezy sales guy, spent too much time, promising raises and promotions. Should have been a red flag.

I was sent back to y, come to find out y was a female, very heavy steroid use.

Interview Questions
    No? No negotiations just a piece of odd paper with scribblings

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at LA Fitness (UK) in February 2009.

Pretty good, fairly in depth but Company have high staff turnover, they dont take care of GMs.

Interview Questions
    Good, decent money offer.

Membership Sales Counselor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at LA Fitness (UK).

The hiring process was very fast and pitchy meaning the interviewer was trying to sale me on the job. And the opportunity to make lots of money sounded great only if I was about to make the sales, otherwise the pay would have been little to none.

MEMBERSHIP COUNSELOR Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at LA Fitness (UK) in May 2014.

The interview was straight forward. They want new memberships and to meet quotas. They asked me 3 times in the interview if I was comfortable with being in a place that drove memberships first and foremost. They mentioned how a typical work week would be and what their expectations were for cold calling and field time. They had fairly detailed expectations for what a good membership counselor is compared to one that is less than effective. They kept talking about the fast track to management and that being promoted to weekend Manager and then to General Manager running your own club was the ultimate goal. And all of this would be available for someone that came in and sold to their production expectations. Full benefits and schedule were discussed at the end.

Interview Questions
    • Their big question was can someone handle the grind of making sometimes hundreds of phone calls and making field visits to bring in memberships during every shift.   View Answer

A better offer came up closer to home.

Personal Trainer Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at LA Fitness (UK).

Not hard at all just make sure you know your stuff, make sure that you have good people skills you will be dealing with every type of person. I you dont have paitence with others this is not the job for you

Aerobics Instructor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at LA Fitness (UK) in April 2013.

Online application, audition/interview appt. Wait several weeks, receive online new hire paperwork /orientation. Another appointment to go through paperwork again and electronically sign. Wait another week to receive a payrate.

Interview Questions
    • me "I have never taught that format" Interviewer, " Show me something you would do ...(for that format"   Answer Question
    No negotiation, Low per class rate for area.

Receptionist Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at LA Fitness (UK).

Why do you want to work for LA Fitness?

No negotiation involved. Applied and hired.

Personal Trainer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at LA Fitness (UK).

Employee referral. Took a few days

min wage+commisiion+bonuses -

Sales Counselor Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at LA Fitness (UK).

They Hire on the spot, ask if you want to make an income of $30,000 or more.
    Look for salesmanship, may ask to role play in the interview.
    They oversell the salary only telling you what you COULD get paid which isn't the average.

Interview Questions
    • Can you work on bringing business on your own?   View Answer
    no negotiation, minimum wage plus commission

Gym Sales Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at LA Fitness (UK) in March 2012.

I had a scheduled interview with the general manager, but he was late so I interviewed with the assistant manager. I am a student about to finish my degree and I was told by the assistant manager (who seemed to really like me) to say I wasn't going to school anymore and that I just really wanted the money. After words I was told to consider myself hired. Later that day I ended up interviewing with the general manager who after a quick look at my resume and all of two questions said I was hired. All I had to do was meet with the district manager and I would be starting by the next week. The district manager did not show up for our first two meetings, I caught him on our third meeting and he was an hour late. The interview consisted of him telling me how much money I could make and how quickly I could move up. When I asked questions about the actual services of the company and how they plan on staying competitive over the next 5 years he did not really have an answer for me. He told me I was hired however and that I would start the next day at either one of two locations. He told me he had to make some calls and gave me his personal cell to contact him within the next couple hours to find out where to go to fill out the paperwork. He never answered my call and his employees never seemed to know where he was.

Interview Questions

The interview process seemed a bit shady, also the management seemed unreliable