LA Fitness (UK)

www.lafitness.co.uk

LA Fitness (UK) Interview Questions

1.6

Receptionist Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at LA Fitness (UK).

Why do you want to work for LA Fitness?

No negotiation involved. Applied and hired.

Personal Training Coordinator Interview

Interviewer was 45 minutes late and acted like it was as if he was early. Very brief and quiet during interview, I was surprised I was able to hear his questions. Didn't seem too eager to have a career minded individual in front of him eager to work. Brushed me off and said he would call during the day with an answer - never called.

Personal Trainer Interview

Fill internet papers, receive a call interview...

Weekend Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at LA Fitness (UK).

I met with the District VP. He looked at my resume told me which locations had openings and asked which one I wanted.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing, I had a great resume and there was nothing I didn't expect.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Assistant FItness Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at LA Fitness (UK).

Went well. Little too well. Wasn't really asked too many questions. Sort of just offered the position immediately. No matter how well qualified I might have been for the position, I still feel like they should have done a better job at screening.

Interview Questions
    • Not many questions were asked on my ability to do the job.   Answer Question

Sales Counselor Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at LA Fitness (UK).

The GM of the club called me and I went in for an "interview" he was 20 minutes late and it was more like a chat than an interview. He kept fist bumping and giving me high fives. He was bragging more about himself than asking about me and my experience. I met with the District VP a few days later who was very loud and again bragging about himself. Assuring me that if I did well I would get promoted and could make close to 100k my first yr if I work hard. I then got a call a few days later and got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Would you be willing to relocate immediately if asked?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation.

Sales Counselor Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at LA Fitness (UK).

They Hire on the spot, ask if you want to make an income of $30,000 or more.
    Look for salesmanship, may ask to role play in the interview.
    They oversell the salary only telling you what you COULD get paid which isn't the average.

Interview Questions
    • Can you work on bringing business on your own?   View Answer
    no negotiation, minimum wage plus commission

Janitor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at LA Fitness (UK).

My friend referred me, and they really needed someone so the interview was a few seconds.

Cub Staff/Babysitter Interview

I applied online – interviewed at LA Fitness (UK).

Applied online. Waited a few days and contacted them. Told me to call the next day cause the hiring manager was not there. Called again and was put on hold and transferred but never able to contact anyone. This happened about three or four times in the same phone call. I finally got fed up and went to the location in person to let them know I had entered my application and was wondering if the position was still available. Still unable to talk to hiring manager but a sales guy took my name and number and I was told I would receive a call. Maybe two days later I got a call from a hiring manager and scheduled an interview for that week. I arrived for my interview early and sat at a table with the hiring manager where she asked me a few straightforward questions, i.e. Why do you wanna work here, What do you like to do for fun, Do you have any responsibilities that would impede you from making it to work ect.

Interview Questions
    • None. The interviewer didn't really know what she was doing, I believe it was her first time or one of just a few times she had ever interviewed someone.   Answer Question
    I was informed that the starting pay was 9 an hour and asked if that was ok. It was my first real job so I was expecting minimum wage, when she told me the hourly rate I eagerly accepted.

Aerobics Instructor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at LA Fitness (UK) in April 2013.

Online application, audition/interview appt. Wait several weeks, receive online new hire paperwork /orientation. Another appointment to go through paperwork again and electronically sign. Wait another week to receive a payrate.

Interview Questions
    • me "I have never taught that format" Interviewer, " Show me something you would do ...(for that format"   Answer Question
    No negotiation, Low per class rate for area.