LA Fitness (UK) Interview Questions

Updated Jul 16, 2014
Updated Jul 16, 2014

1.6

Personal Trainer Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at LA Fitness (UK) in March 2012.

I received a phone call asking if I was still interested in the job. I accepted the interview and went to the location, which is an old Bally's that is now owned by LA Fitness, however they have not updated any of the signage. The hiring manager was late to the interview, and the interview process wasn't so much an interview as them trying to hire me on the spot. The manager explained to me the training department procedures, told me how much I would be paid, and was on her phone during the interview. The staff didn't seem to have uniforms (at least at the front desk). It all seemed a little unprofessional and the facilities were dark and dingy. Certainly a very interesting interview experience though.

Interview Questions
    • I honestly don't think they asked me a single question about my qualifications or knowledge.   Answer Question

Assistant FItness Manager Interview

The process took 2 days - interviewed at LA Fitness (UK) in January 2010.

To get advanced from a sales counslor to a weekend manager is simple.....kiss butt.

Interview Questions
    • if you had to would you do anything for a sale?   View Answer
    easy, they tell you that you'll have these unattainable goals and tons of overtime to work. followed by tons of dreams and promises if you survive the process and you either accept or get fired several days late if you do not accept.

Gym Sales Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at LA Fitness (UK) in March 2012.

I had a scheduled interview with the general manager, but he was late so I interviewed with the assistant manager. I am a student about to finish my degree and I was told by the assistant manager (who seemed to really like me) to say I wasn't going to school anymore and that I just really wanted the money. After words I was told to consider myself hired. Later that day I ended up interviewing with the general manager who after a quick look at my resume and all of two questions said I was hired. All I had to do was meet with the district manager and I would be starting by the next week. The district manager did not show up for our first two meetings, I caught him on our third meeting and he was an hour late. The interview consisted of him telling me how much money I could make and how quickly I could move up. When I asked questions about the actual services of the company and how they plan on staying competitive over the next 5 years he did not really have an answer for me. He told me I was hired however and that I would start the next day at either one of two locations. He told me he had to make some calls and gave me his personal cell to contact him within the next couple hours to find out where to go to fill out the paperwork. He never answered my call and his employees never seemed to know where he was.

Interview Questions

The interview process seemed a bit shady, also the management seemed unreliable

Training Director Interview

The process took 3 days - interviewed at LA Fitness (UK) in December 2011.

Submitted on line application, met with a guy who I will call x, I liked x, enjoyed his outlook thought the position was a good fit. X called the next day and said y, would be I touch. Wasn't sure how y fit in, y called, via the conversation. I had no idea if y was a man or woman. I was ref to y's boss, I drove across the county and met with a sleazy sales guy who brought out paper and drew diagrams of $... Like I was buying a car !!! I didn't get a word in and sleezy sales guy, spent too much time, promising raises and promotions. Should have been a red flag.

I was sent back to y, come to find out y was a female, very heavy steroid use.

Interview Questions
    No? No negotiations just a piece of odd paper with scribblings

Personal Trainer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days - interviewed at LA Fitness (UK) in August 2009.

Quick fast and simple

N/A

MEMBERSHIP COUNSELOR Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at LA Fitness (UK) in February 2011.

I've got a call from GM in the morning. We scheduled the interview in the afternoon that day. Emergency suddenly came up so I had to reschedule the interview. I called in and politely asked for the GM to reschedule to next time other than today. The GM did not even come to the phone. He made the receptionist at the front desk to respond and say, "he said nevermind, it's ok. Thanks though." That was it. I mean gyms like LA Fitness and Lifetime fitness may seem very nice inside and out but the staffs and managements on site are totally unprofessional like this. They are so rude. He did not even have a courtesy to pick up the phone and say it himself. I know few other people also did not have pleasant experience with the staffs b/c of their unprofessional behaviors and speech. Some of them are way too laid back, cocky, and speak so sluggish, I can barely understand. I hope the corporate actually takes control and really screen who becomes GM & in management and such. I am glad I didn't waste my time there.

Trainer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days - interviewed at LA Fitness (UK) in October 2010.

I got an email about a job fair. Showed up, waited a half hour and then was interviewed by someone in management. They were friendly but seemed quite harried (he took phone calls during the interview). Wanted to know what my long term career plans were (I'm currently on grad school) I was offered a job and then filled out an application. Got to meet the head trainer who seemed very to the point and task oriented.

MEMBERSHIP COUNSELOR Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at LA Fitness (UK) in June 2008.

Good company. They tend to rope you in and make you work more then you'll ever want to. They talk about the large possibilities, most of which are unattainable. Great people, care about their employees. For the job, you must be very outgoing and willing to do almost anything for the sale.

Member Services Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at LA Fitness (UK) in August 2008.

i went in and told the manager i was interested in the posistion he asked basic questions regarding availablity