LA Quinta Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2015
Updated Apr 10, 2015

2.0

Human Resources Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at LA Quinta (Irving, TX) in November 2009.

Interview

Friendly, respectful, no current openings but on file for future

Interview Questions

• As an HR person, what is your view on job eliminations?   1 Answer

Area Director of Sales Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at LA Quinta (DFW, TX) in May 2011.

Interview

Was contacted by recruiter from La Quinta Corporate HR after being referred by local sales Colleague. Telephone interview lasted 40 minutes and included typical questions re: experience, likes/dislikes, etc. Recruiter was very professional and personable and closed conversation explaining that I would be contacted by Regional DOS for next step. Was contacted approximately 7 days later by Regional DOS via telephone. Was told upon conclusion of interview that I would be contacted by VP of Sales after their annual sales rally, which would take place the following week.

I did not pursue further as I did not feel the 2nd interviewer possessed the articulation skills or industry knowledge of someone I would do well reporting to. I also did not want to be part of an organization that place such little importance on filling such a critical position.

Front Desk Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at LA Quinta in January 2012.

Interview

Applied for position online and was called within a couple of weeks for an interview. Met with gm for the hotel which was currently under construction and would be open within a month or so. Interview was thorough and I was given detailed information about the position and was told that it would start out as part-time and I would be given a full-time position when business picked up at the hotel. I would suggest that anyone interviewing for a position make sure that they get their offer in writing, so that the management has no way of denying what has been said.

Interview Questions

• How do you think that La Quinta can keep new guests and provide service that would gain loyalty for the brand?   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at LA Quinta in March 2012.

Interview

The process was a bit lengthy and a little unnecessary. I had an interview with a recruiter, than another recruiter, then a manager than the hiring manager. It was over the course of weeks. I think I was to call someone back or do something but I never did. It was a long experience and each asked the same questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the most significant contribution you have ever made?   Answer Question

Front Desk Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at LA Quinta in March 2009.

Interview

the hiring and inter iew process has changed since I was hired and has changed for the positive.

Negotiation

there was none I was offered and accepted at $8 hour

Assistant General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at LA Quinta.

Interview

After filling out the online application I started the LONG process of being hired. I had 5 phone interviews over 4 months and then a face to face interview. Everyone is very nice and the process itself not not a hassle just took a very long time.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to be part of the La Quinta team? It is not so much the question itself but they want you to be very well versed with the company and why you want to work with them.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very smooth. They made a fair offer to start with and the benefit package is really good

Assistant General Manager ( Hotel ) Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at LA Quinta in July 2010.

Interview

Originally was connected via recruiter. First 3 interviews were phone interviews; one interview with the outside recruiter, one with the HR recruiter, one with the Regional Vice President. Then an in-person interview with the Regional VP.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Given the chance to do it again, I would push harder.

Marketing Department Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at LA Quinta (Irving, TX) in September 2010.

Interview

Met with at least five people on my first interview day. Met with two "new" people and two known people on the second day. No unexpected questions. Met with supervisors-to-be and peers. Everyone was extremely pleasant.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy - no problem.

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at LA Quinta (Cincinnati, OH) in December 2010.

Interview

You speak with an HR person fill out a "survey" assessment then if you qualify you are reffered to an RVP who then interviews you and makes the decision with HR

Negotiation

I was told i would not get more than offered due to my experience level. Depending on your RVP the starting pay can vary greatly some of them really short change their GM's others

Assistant General Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at LA Quinta.

Interview

Interview process was very professional and organized. HR recruiter called me and did a standard screening reviewing my qualifications. After that I was told to complete an online assessment through the LQ website .
    I then met with two GM's at different properties where my qualifications and future ambitions were further reviewed.
    The last phase was a brief meeting with the SVP.

Interview Questions

• Company is focused on promoting AGM to GM, is that an ideal career move for you?   Answer Question