LA Quinta

26 candidate interviews

Human Resources Manager Interview

Human Resources Manager
Irving, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at LA Quinta in November 2009.

Interview Details – Friendly, respectful, no current openings but on file for future

Interview Question – As an HR person, what is your view on job eliminations?   View Answer

Area Director of Sales Interview

Area Director of Sales
DFW, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at LA Quinta in May 2011.

Interview Details – Was contacted by recruiter from La Quinta Corporate HR after being referred by local sales Colleague. Telephone interview lasted 40 minutes and included typical questions re: experience, likes/dislikes, etc. Recruiter was very professional and personable and closed conversation explaining that I would be contacted by Regional DOS for next step. Was contacted approximately 7 days later by Regional DOS via telephone. Was told upon conclusion of interview that I would be contacted by VP of Sales after their annual sales rally, which would take place the following week.

Reason for Declining – I did not pursue further as I did not feel the 2nd interviewer possessed the articulation skills or industry knowledge of someone I would do well reporting to. I also did not want to be part of an organization that place such little importance on filling such a critical position.

Front Desk Service Representative Interview

Front Desk Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at LA Quinta in January 2012.

Interview Details – Applied for position online and was called within a couple of weeks for an interview. Met with gm for the hotel which was currently under construction and would be open within a month or so. Interview was thorough and I was given detailed information about the position and was told that it would start out as part-time and I would be given a full-time position when business picked up at the hotel. I would suggest that anyone interviewing for a position make sure that they get their offer in writing, so that the management has no way of denying what has been said.

Interview Question – How do you think that La Quinta can keep new guests and provide service that would gain loyalty for the brand?   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

General Manager

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at LA Quinta in March 2012.

Interview Details – The process was a bit lengthy and a little unnecessary. I had an interview with a recruiter, than another recruiter, then a manager than the hiring manager. It was over the course of weeks. I think I was to call someone back or do something but I never did. It was a long experience and each asked the same questions.

Interview Question – What is the most significant contribution you have ever made?   Answer Question

Front Desk Interview

Front Desk

I applied in-person - interviewed at LA Quinta in March 2009.

Interview Details – the hiring and inter iew process has changed since I was hired and has changed for the positive.

Negotiation Details – there was none I was offered and accepted at $8 hour

Assistant General Manager Interview

Assistant General Manager

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at LA Quinta.

Interview Details – After filling out the online application I started the LONG process of being hired. I had 5 phone interviews over 4 months and then a face to face interview. Everyone is very nice and the process itself not not a hassle just took a very long time.

Interview Question – What makes you want to be part of the La Quinta team? It is not so much the question itself but they want you to be very well versed with the company and why you want to work with them.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very smooth. They made a fair offer to start with and the benefit package is really good

Assistant General Manager ( Hotel ) Interview

Assistant General Manager ( Hotel )

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at LA Quinta in July 2010.

Interview Details – Originally was connected via recruiter. First 3 interviews were phone interviews; one interview with the outside recruiter, one with the HR recruiter, one with the Regional Vice President. Then an in-person interview with the Regional VP.

Interview Question – All basic hotel management questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Given the chance to do it again, I would push harder.

Marketing Department Interview

Marketing Department
Irving, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at LA Quinta in September 2010.

Interview Details – Met with at least five people on my first interview day. Met with two "new" people and two known people on the second day. No unexpected questions. Met with supervisors-to-be and peers. Everyone was extremely pleasant.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy - no problem.

General Manager Interview

General Manager
Cincinnati, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at LA Quinta in December 2010.

Interview Details – You speak with an HR person fill out a "survey" assessment then if you qualify you are reffered to an RVP who then interviews you and makes the decision with HR

Negotiation Details – I was told i would not get more than offered due to my experience level. Depending on your RVP the starting pay can vary greatly some of them really short change their GM's others

Night Auditor Interview

Night Auditor

The process took 2 days - interviewed at LA Quinta in March 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process consisted of me submitting my application, I waited approximately a week beforfe I recieved a call back. After I was interviewed, I was called again for a second internview. I was then told the job would be for nine us dollars an hour. I needed the money so I took it.

Interview Question – A customer arrives in a bad mood, how would I change it?   Answer Question

Worked for LA Quinta? Contribute to the Community!