LA Quinta Interview Questions

2.0

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days - interviewed at LA Quinta in November 2009.

Friendly, respectful, no current openings but on file for future

Interview Questions
    • As an HR person, what is your view on job eliminations?   View Answer

Area Director of Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  DFW, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in DFW, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days - interviewed at LA Quinta in May 2011.

Was contacted by recruiter from La Quinta Corporate HR after being referred by local sales Colleague. Telephone interview lasted 40 minutes and included typical questions re: experience, likes/dislikes, etc. Recruiter was very professional and personable and closed conversation explaining that I would be contacted by Regional DOS for next step. Was contacted approximately 7 days later by Regional DOS via telephone. Was told upon conclusion of interview that I would be contacted by VP of Sales after their annual sales rally, which would take place the following week.

I did not pursue further as I did not feel the 2nd interviewer possessed the articulation skills or industry knowledge of someone I would do well reporting to. I also did not want to be part of an organization that place such little importance on filling such a critical position.

Front Desk Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at LA Quinta in January 2012.

Applied for position online and was called within a couple of weeks for an interview. Met with gm for the hotel which was currently under construction and would be open within a month or so. Interview was thorough and I was given detailed information about the position and was told that it would start out as part-time and I would be given a full-time position when business picked up at the hotel. I would suggest that anyone interviewing for a position make sure that they get their offer in writing, so that the management has no way of denying what has been said.

Interview Questions
    • How do you think that La Quinta can keep new guests and provide service that would gain loyalty for the brand?   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at LA Quinta in March 2012.

The process was a bit lengthy and a little unnecessary. I had an interview with a recruiter, than another recruiter, then a manager than the hiring manager. It was over the course of weeks. I think I was to call someone back or do something but I never did. It was a long experience and each asked the same questions.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most significant contribution you have ever made?   Answer Question

Front Desk Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at LA Quinta in March 2009.

the hiring and inter iew process has changed since I was hired and has changed for the positive.

there was none I was offered and accepted at $8 hour

Assistant General Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at LA Quinta.

After filling out the online application I started the LONG process of being hired. I had 5 phone interviews over 4 months and then a face to face interview. Everyone is very nice and the process itself not not a hassle just took a very long time.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you want to be part of the La Quinta team? It is not so much the question itself but they want you to be very well versed with the company and why you want to work with them.   Answer Question
    Very smooth. They made a fair offer to start with and the benefit package is really good

Assistant General Manager ( Hotel ) Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at LA Quinta in July 2010.

Originally was connected via recruiter. First 3 interviews were phone interviews; one interview with the outside recruiter, one with the HR recruiter, one with the Regional Vice President. Then an in-person interview with the Regional VP.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Given the chance to do it again, I would push harder.

Marketing Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at LA Quinta in September 2010.

Met with at least five people on my first interview day. Met with two "new" people and two known people on the second day. No unexpected questions. Met with supervisors-to-be and peers. Everyone was extremely pleasant.

Easy - no problem.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at LA Quinta in December 2010.

You speak with an HR person fill out a "survey" assessment then if you qualify you are reffered to an RVP who then interviews you and makes the decision with HR

I was told i would not get more than offered due to my experience level. Depending on your RVP the starting pay can vary greatly some of them really short change their GM's others

Night Auditor Interview

The process took 2 days - interviewed at LA Quinta in March 2009.

The interview process consisted of me submitting my application, I waited approximately a week beforfe I recieved a call back. After I was interviewed, I was called again for a second internview. I was then told the job would be for nine us dollars an hour. I needed the money so I took it.

Interview Questions
    • A customer arrives in a bad mood, how would I change it?   Answer Question

Worked for LA Quinta? Contribute to the Community!