LA Quinta Interview Questions

Updated Jun 12, 2015

2.0

Night Auditor Interview

Interview

Very fast and simple questions. Applied in the morning got called that afternoon and was hired the next day.

Front Desk Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at LA Quinta.

Interview

Applied online. Had interview with General manager and then assistant general manager

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at LA Quinta.

Interview

Quick and easy. I had previous experience and the GM liked me right away. I was simply asked how I had handled certain complaints. I was well spoken and well dressed, so the interview did not take long and I started working the next day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Guest Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at LA Quinta.

Interview

A mutual acquaintance gave the GM my resume and I was asked to come in for an interview. The interview itself was about 5-10 minutes. Very straight to the point. I was asked about hypothetical situations such as calming an angry customer or rectifying a mistake that I'd made. Your run of the mill interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a mistake at work and the steps you took to fix it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I tried to negotiate higher pay, but instead was promised 40 hours a week. I accepted.

FDSR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at LA Quinta (Tampa, FL) in November 2013.

Interview

They pulled my resume off of Monster.com and called me in for an Interview the following day. I interviewed with the GM.

Interview Questions

• We basically discussed my availability. Why La Quinta? Tell me about yourself? What did you like about your old job? What is one thing your former employer would say you had to work on?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The GM was not trying to negotiate at all.

Front Desk Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at LA Quinta in March 2015.

Interview

Answered a Craigslist ad, but didn't know who it was. They called about a week and half later for a short phone screening. Asked to come in the next day for a face to face interview, which was also short. Wanted to know about computer skills, availability, being able to address small issues with guests, and questions about your background.

Room Attendant/Housekeeping Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at LA Quinta (Alpharetta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

Did an application in the hotel one day and was called back months later for an interview. Went in for a face to face. Was in the waiting area with a few others. Did my interview and was hired on the spot. Did the paperwork and started training 2 days later.

Interview Questions

• Are you built to clean 20-30 rooms a day within a 6 to 8 hour time frame?   Answer Question

House Keeper Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at LA Quinta.

Interview

Hardly a process since they rushed me into the job. My guess is with how they treat employees like dirt they can't really keep many of them. They had me stand by and watch one of the other house keepers clean a room to see if I'd still be interested in the job. It didn't look too difficult, but I guess that's because there were two people working on the same room at once. Soon after I was hired it was everyone for themselves.

Maintenance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pompano Beach, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at LA Quinta (Pompano Beach, FL) in March 2013.

Interview

I was hired on the spot after 5 minutes conversation because it looked like nobody wanted that position at the place. My suspect was real.
    It seemed they were panicked because they were unable to find anybody to do the job.

Interview Questions

• Are you available to empty the trash cans while doing your job as Engineer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No room for negotiation. Take it or leave it was the response of the General Manager. Usually they hire people with a very low salary even if you have very good skills. They try to milk you by paying a very low wage and they don't care about your experience and skills at all.

Interview

I applied on line, the next day I received a call to set up the interview, I was so excited.
    I scheduled the interview by phone, I thought interview went very well. I took the on line screening. Two weeks went by, no phone calls or emails. I then called HR, they said everyone was at the Convention. For me to wait. so I waited another 10 days. So after a total of 4 weeks, I got a voice mail, if I was interested in a personal interview, to call and the local GM would interview me. Sadly I had an ER situation for my family. I was not able to interview.I think I was labeled for life. I kept calling, emailing, I applied four more times, I was told someone else was hired.
    I am so dissapointed, that I thought this was a wonderful national chain, I am well trained as a GM and would have been grateful to be an ASST MGR. with this Company, however, I will never ever be given the chance, because I was at the ER. than one day.
    sad, the position is now open again, and several more. they could have had a great Asst Mgr. who would have helped them rank high, and been loyal to them for years to come.
    But Darn the emergency we had, will haunt me:(.
    Wait, not anymore, I just got the job of my dreams, yesterday :)))
    and it's not La Quinta .

Interview Questions

• if you are interested in the interview call us back, but if you dont the second we ask you to.
      we will write your name in the book of NO HIRE EVER AGAIN>