LA Quinta

26 candidate interviews

Night Auditor Interview

Night Auditor

Interviewed at LA Quinta

Interview Details – Very fast and simple questions. Applied in the morning got called that afternoon and was hired the next day.

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Front Desk Service Representative Interview

Front Desk Service Representative

I applied online and interviewed at LA Quinta.

Interview Details – Applied online. Had interview with General manager and then assistant general manager

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation

FDSR Interview

FDSR
Tampa, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at LA Quinta in November 2013.

Interview Details – They pulled my resume off of Monster.com and called me in for an Interview the following day. I interviewed with the GM.

Interview Question – We basically discussed my availability. Why La Quinta? Tell me about yourself? What did you like about your old job? What is one thing your former employer would say you had to work on?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The GM was not trying to negotiate at all.

Guest Representative Interview

Guest Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at LA Quinta.

Interview Details – A mutual acquaintance gave the GM my resume and I was asked to come in for an interview. The interview itself was about 5-10 minutes. Very straight to the point. I was asked about hypothetical situations such as calming an angry customer or rectifying a mistake that I'd made. Your run of the mill interview questions.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you made a mistake at work and the steps you took to fix it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I tried to negotiate higher pay, but instead was promised 40 hours a week. I accepted.

Maintenance Engineer Interview

Maintenance Engineer
Pompano Beach, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at LA Quinta in March 2013.

Interview Details – I was hired on the spot after 5 minutes conversation because it looked like nobody wanted that position at the place. My suspect was real.
It seemed they were panicked because they were unable to find anybody to do the job.

Interview Question – Are you available to empty the trash cans while doing your job as Engineer?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No room for negotiation. Take it or leave it was the response of the General Manager. Usually they hire people with a very low salary even if you have very good skills. They try to milk you by paying a very low wage and they don't care about your experience and skills at all.

Assistant General Manager Interview

Assistant General Manager

Interviewed at LA Quinta

Interview Details – I applied on line, the next day I received a call to set up the interview, I was so excited.
I scheduled the interview by phone, I thought interview went very well. I took the on line screening. Two weeks went by, no phone calls or emails. I then called HR, they said everyone was at the Convention. For me to wait. so I waited another 10 days. So after a total of 4 weeks, I got a voice mail, if I was interested in a personal interview, to call and the local GM would interview me. Sadly I had an ER situation for my family. I was not able to interview.I think I was labeled for life. I kept calling, emailing, I applied four more times, I was told someone else was hired.
I am so dissapointed, that I thought this was a wonderful national chain, I am well trained as a GM and would have been grateful to be an ASST MGR. with this Company, however, I will never ever be given the chance, because I was at the ER. than one day.
sad, the position is now open again, and several more. they could have had a great Asst Mgr. who would have helped them rank high, and been loyal to them for years to come.
But Darn the emergency we had, will haunt me:(.
Wait, not anymore, I just got the job of my dreams, yesterday :)))
and it's not La Quinta .

Interview Question – if you are interested in the interview call us back, but if you dont the second we ask you to.
we will write your name in the book of NO HIRE EVER AGAIN>
  Answer Question

Front Desk Interview

Front Desk
Lafayette, LA

I applied online - interviewed at LA Quinta in November 2012.

Interview Details – Resume. Call. Interview

Interview Question – None were really difficult. Do you have any experience in a hotel? How does your previous experience prepare you for this job?   Answer Question

Front Desk Service Representative Interview

Front Desk Service Representative

The process took a day - interviewed at LA Quinta in April 2008.

Interview Details – My resume was emailed to the General Manager, and returned my email and had me come in for an interview on-site. There was only one interview and he offered me the position on the spot.

Interview Question – What about your past experience makes you qualified for this position?   Answer Question

Night Auditor Interview

Night Auditor

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at LA Quinta in May 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online. I received a call from the GM within a few days. Met with her that same day. I filled out another application and took a lengthy personality survey. Spoke with the GM, one on one. We played a scenario game, she asked about prior customer service experience. Extremely nice and easy to talk to.

Interview Question – All questions were simple to answer. Mostly geared towards prior experience.   Answer Question

Front Desk Clerk Interview

Front Desk Clerk
Fort Collins, CO

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at LA Quinta in May 2011.

Interview Details – He looked at my resume and asked about my past experience, especially my past hotel experience. He also asked a few questions about my other jobs with customer service. We talked about what days I would work and how long I would be with the company (it was a summer job). He told me to dress nice, then had me start training on the spot.

Interview Question – What I disliked most about working in a hotel   Answer Question

Worked for LA Quinta? Contribute to the Community!