LA Quinta Interview Questions

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015

2.1

Assistant General Manager Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at LA Quinta.

Interview process was very professional and organized. HR recruiter called me and did a standard screening reviewing my qualifications. After that I was told to complete an online assessment through the LQ website .
    I then met with two GM's at different properties where my qualifications and future ambitions were further reviewed.
    The last phase was a brief meeting with the SVP.

Interview Questions
    • Company is focused on promoting AGM to GM, is that an ideal career move for you?   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at LA Quinta.

Quick and easy. I had previous experience and the GM liked me right away. I was simply asked how I had handled certain complaints. I was well spoken and well dressed, so the interview did not take long and I started working the next day.

N/A

Guest Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at LA Quinta.

A mutual acquaintance gave the GM my resume and I was asked to come in for an interview. The interview itself was about 5-10 minutes. Very straight to the point. I was asked about hypothetical situations such as calming an angry customer or rectifying a mistake that I'd made. Your run of the mill interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you made a mistake at work and the steps you took to fix it.   Answer Question
    I tried to negotiate higher pay, but instead was promised 40 hours a week. I accepted.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at LA Quinta in December 2010.

You speak with an HR person fill out a "survey" assessment then if you qualify you are reffered to an RVP who then interviews you and makes the decision with HR

I was told i would not get more than offered due to my experience level. Depending on your RVP the starting pay can vary greatly some of them really short change their GM's others

Marketing Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at LA Quinta in September 2010.

Met with at least five people on my first interview day. Met with two "new" people and two known people on the second day. No unexpected questions. Met with supervisors-to-be and peers. Everyone was extremely pleasant.

Easy - no problem.

Assistant General Manager ( Hotel ) Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at LA Quinta in July 2010.

Originally was connected via recruiter. First 3 interviews were phone interviews; one interview with the outside recruiter, one with the HR recruiter, one with the Regional Vice President. Then an in-person interview with the Regional VP.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Given the chance to do it again, I would push harder.

Director of Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at LA Quinta in October 2011.

Interview process started with a phone interview with a recruiter. Next step was another phone interview with the regional sales director. Next was in-erson interview on property with GM and AGM. Next interview took place in Dallas with VP of Sales.

Interview Questions
    • None that I can think of...pretty typical questions. I did have concerns about how they expected me to run my sales week and the lack of help with paperwork and on-property things. When I would bring up these concerns, I heard over and over "you book it, and operations cooks it" That did not happen. You book it and operations blames you when they drop the ball.   Answer Question
    The salary was fair and no negotiation was needed, other than approval for a already-scheduled vacation.

FDSR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at LA Quinta in November 2013.

They pulled my resume off of Monster.com and called me in for an Interview the following day. I interviewed with the GM.

Interview Questions
    • We basically discussed my availability. Why La Quinta? Tell me about yourself? What did you like about your old job? What is one thing your former employer would say you had to work on?   Answer Question
    The GM was not trying to negotiate at all.

Front Desk Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at LA Quinta.

Applied online. Had interview with General manager and then assistant general manager

There was no negotiation

Front Desk Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden City, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden City, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at LA Quinta in October 2009.

There are usually 1 or 2 interviews before being hired. But you will not be hired if you don't pass the personality assessment test, whether they like you during the interview or not.

Interview Questions
    • they give you scenarios to conclude what you would do in different situations.   Answer Question