LA Quinta Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2015
Updated Apr 10, 2015

2.0

Front Desk Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at LA Quinta in March 2015.

Interview

Answered a Craigslist ad, but didn't know who it was. They called about a week and half later for a short phone screening. Asked to come in the next day for a face to face interview, which was also short. Wanted to know about computer skills, availability, being able to address small issues with guests, and questions about your background.

Housekeeping Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at LA Quinta (Cincinnati, OH) in January 2013.

Interview

Went very quick but professional. It was with just one person that did it. I believe once I was hired we did the paper work the next day and with all the training and stuff. It was very good and well organized.

Interview Questions

• If have ever done anything like housekeeping before? If had reliable transportation?   1 Answer

Assistant General Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at LA Quinta.

Interview

Interview process was very professional and organized. HR recruiter called me and did a standard screening reviewing my qualifications. After that I was told to complete an online assessment through the LQ website .
    I then met with two GM's at different properties where my qualifications and future ambitions were further reviewed.
    The last phase was a brief meeting with the SVP.

Interview Questions

• Company is focused on promoting AGM to GM, is that an ideal career move for you?   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at LA Quinta.

Interview

Quick and easy. I had previous experience and the GM liked me right away. I was simply asked how I had handled certain complaints. I was well spoken and well dressed, so the interview did not take long and I started working the next day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Guest Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at LA Quinta.

Interview

A mutual acquaintance gave the GM my resume and I was asked to come in for an interview. The interview itself was about 5-10 minutes. Very straight to the point. I was asked about hypothetical situations such as calming an angry customer or rectifying a mistake that I'd made. Your run of the mill interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a mistake at work and the steps you took to fix it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I tried to negotiate higher pay, but instead was promised 40 hours a week. I accepted.

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at LA Quinta (Cincinnati, OH) in December 2010.

Interview

You speak with an HR person fill out a "survey" assessment then if you qualify you are reffered to an RVP who then interviews you and makes the decision with HR

Negotiation

I was told i would not get more than offered due to my experience level. Depending on your RVP the starting pay can vary greatly some of them really short change their GM's others

Marketing Department Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at LA Quinta (Irving, TX) in September 2010.

Interview

Met with at least five people on my first interview day. Met with two "new" people and two known people on the second day. No unexpected questions. Met with supervisors-to-be and peers. Everyone was extremely pleasant.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy - no problem.

Assistant General Manager ( Hotel ) Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at LA Quinta in July 2010.

Interview

Originally was connected via recruiter. First 3 interviews were phone interviews; one interview with the outside recruiter, one with the HR recruiter, one with the Regional Vice President. Then an in-person interview with the Regional VP.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Given the chance to do it again, I would push harder.

Director of Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at LA Quinta (New Orleans, LA) in October 2011.

Interview

Interview process started with a phone interview with a recruiter. Next step was another phone interview with the regional sales director. Next was in-erson interview on property with GM and AGM. Next interview took place in Dallas with VP of Sales.

Interview Questions

• None that I can think of...pretty typical questions. I did have concerns about how they expected me to run my sales week and the lack of help with paperwork and on-property things. When I would bring up these concerns, I heard over and over "you book it, and operations cooks it" That did not happen. You book it and operations blames you when they drop the ball.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The salary was fair and no negotiation was needed, other than approval for a already-scheduled vacation.

FDSR Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at LA Quinta (Tampa, FL) in November 2013.

Interview

They pulled my resume off of Monster.com and called me in for an Interview the following day. I interviewed with the GM.

Interview Questions

• We basically discussed my availability. Why La Quinta? Tell me about yourself? What did you like about your old job? What is one thing your former employer would say you had to work on?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The GM was not trying to negotiate at all.