LA Quinta Interview Questions & Reviews

2.0

Maintenance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pompano Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pompano Beach, FL

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at LA Quinta in March 2013.

I was hired on the spot after 5 minutes conversation because it looked like nobody wanted that position at the place. My suspect was real.
    It seemed they were panicked because they were unable to find anybody to do the job.

Interview Questions
    • Are you available to empty the trash cans while doing your job as Engineer?   View Answer
    No room for negotiation. Take it or leave it was the response of the General Manager. Usually they hire people with a very low salary even if you have very good skills. They try to milk you by paying a very low wage and they don't care about your experience and skills at all.

Night Auditor Interview

Very fast and simple questions. Applied in the morning got called that afternoon and was hired the next day.

Front Desk Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at LA Quinta in June 2010.

Interview was concise and easy. La Quinta had two weeks of training and 90 days of probation when hired. All you do is fill out forms agreeing to standard company procedures, and background check. The job description was right on spot with what you had to do.

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Lafayette, LA
    Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, LA

I interviewed online - interviewed at LA Quinta in November 2012.

Resume. Call. Interview

Interview Questions
    • None were really difficult. Do you have any experience in a hotel? How does your previous experience prepare you for this job?   Answer Question

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Monterey, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monterey, CA

I interviewed online - interviewed at LA Quinta in January 2012.

Answered a Craig's list ad and had a meeting with manager

Front Desk Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Collins, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at LA Quinta in May 2011.

He looked at my resume and asked about my past experience, especially my past hotel experience. He also asked a few questions about my other jobs with customer service. We talked about what days I would work and how long I would be with the company (it was a summer job). He told me to dress nice, then had me start training on the spot.

Area Director of Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  DFW, TX
    Anonymous Employee in DFW, TX

I interviewed through other source. The process took 5 days - interviewed at LA Quinta in May 2011.

Was contacted by recruiter from La Quinta Corporate HR after being referred by local sales Colleague. Telephone interview lasted 40 minutes and included typical questions re: experience, likes/dislikes, etc. Recruiter was very professional and personable and closed conversation explaining that I would be contacted by Regional DOS for next step. Was contacted approximately 7 days later by Regional DOS via telephone. Was told upon conclusion of interview that I would be contacted by VP of Sales after their annual sales rally, which would take place the following week.

I did not pursue further as I did not feel the 2nd interviewer possessed the articulation skills or industry knowledge of someone I would do well reporting to. I also did not want to be part of an organization that place such little importance on filling such a critical position.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Irving, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 days - interviewed at LA Quinta in November 2009.

Friendly, respectful, no current openings but on file for future

Interview Questions
    • As an HR person, what is your view on job eliminations?   View Answer

Night Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at LA Quinta in October 2009.

The person was nice and told me he will call me. During the interview he didn't ask many questions. I was pretty sure I got the job until he call the next week told me he hired someone with more experience than me.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't any question that was difficult or unexpected   View Answer

Assistant General Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at LA Quinta.

After filling out the online application I started the LONG process of being hired. I had 5 phone interviews over 4 months and then a face to face interview. Everyone is very nice and the process itself not not a hassle just took a very long time.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you want to be part of the La Quinta team? It is not so much the question itself but they want you to be very well versed with the company and why you want to work with them.   Answer Question
    Very smooth. They made a fair offer to start with and the benefit package is really good