LA Quinta Interview Questions

Updated Jun 12, 2015

2.0

Housekeeping Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pinellas Park, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at LA Quinta (Pinellas Park, FL) in July 2013.

Interview

I arrived early, the general manager interviewing me arrived late. He started by asking about my college education, which I thought was a little strange and irrelevant for a simple housekeeping position. Asked general questions that I'm pretty sure he was just reading off a page in front of him. Why do I want to work there? Who was my favorite past boss and why? What would I do if I saw someone clocking in for someone else? What would I do if asked to stay and work off the clock? Did I have any questions? Pretty basic stuff, easy enough interview process. I asked about the business culture and what a typical day would be like. He spoke about what I would be doing and told me about benefits I'd receive. This was a Wednesday and he said he'd make a decision by Friday and call, but also gave me his card and told me to call him on Friday. I sent him a thank you note and called on Friday as I was instructed after I didn't hear anything. He didn't answer so I left a message. I never heard anything back which honestly surprised me because I thought it went very well and I thought I did everything right. The manager interviewing me seemed like he'd be a decent boss and the few other employees I interacted with were nice and seemed content with working there.

Interview Questions

• What would I do if asked to stay and work off the clock?   1 Answer

Interview

I applied on line, the next day I received a call to set up the interview, I was so excited.
    I scheduled the interview by phone, I thought interview went very well. I took the on line screening. Two weeks went by, no phone calls or emails. I then called HR, they said everyone was at the Convention. For me to wait. so I waited another 10 days. So after a total of 4 weeks, I got a voice mail, if I was interested in a personal interview, to call and the local GM would interview me. Sadly I had an ER situation for my family. I was not able to interview.I think I was labeled for life. I kept calling, emailing, I applied four more times, I was told someone else was hired.
    I am so dissapointed, that I thought this was a wonderful national chain, I am well trained as a GM and would have been grateful to be an ASST MGR. with this Company, however, I will never ever be given the chance, because I was at the ER. than one day.
    sad, the position is now open again, and several more. they could have had a great Asst Mgr. who would have helped them rank high, and been loyal to them for years to come.
    But Darn the emergency we had, will haunt me:(.
    Wait, not anymore, I just got the job of my dreams, yesterday :)))
    and it's not La Quinta .

Interview Questions

• if you are interested in the interview call us back, but if you dont the second we ask you to.
      we will write your name in the book of NO HIRE EVER AGAIN>

Answer Question

Maintenance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pompano Beach, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at LA Quinta (Pompano Beach, FL) in March 2013.

Interview

I was hired on the spot after 5 minutes conversation because it looked like nobody wanted that position at the place. My suspect was real.
    It seemed they were panicked because they were unable to find anybody to do the job.

Interview Questions

• Are you available to empty the trash cans while doing your job as Engineer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No room for negotiation. Take it or leave it was the response of the General Manager. Usually they hire people with a very low salary even if you have very good skills. They try to milk you by paying a very low wage and they don't care about your experience and skills at all.

Night Auditor Interview

Interview

Very fast and simple questions. Applied in the morning got called that afternoon and was hired the next day.

Housekeeping Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at LA Quinta (Cincinnati, OH) in January 2013.

Interview

Went very quick but professional. It was with just one person that did it. I believe once I was hired we did the paper work the next day and with all the training and stuff. It was very good and well organized.

Interview Questions

• If have ever done anything like housekeeping before? If had reliable transportation?   1 Answer

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at LA Quinta (Lafayette, LA) in November 2012.

Interview

Resume. Call. Interview

Interview Questions

• None were really difficult. Do you have any experience in a hotel? How does your previous experience prepare you for this job?   Answer Question

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monterey, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at LA Quinta (Monterey, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

Answered a Craig's list ad and had a meeting with manager

Director of Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at LA Quinta (New Orleans, LA) in October 2011.

Interview

Interview process started with a phone interview with a recruiter. Next step was another phone interview with the regional sales director. Next was in-erson interview on property with GM and AGM. Next interview took place in Dallas with VP of Sales.

Interview Questions

• None that I can think of...pretty typical questions. I did have concerns about how they expected me to run my sales week and the lack of help with paperwork and on-property things. When I would bring up these concerns, I heard over and over "you book it, and operations cooks it" That did not happen. You book it and operations blames you when they drop the ball.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The salary was fair and no negotiation was needed, other than approval for a already-scheduled vacation.

Area Director of Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in DFW, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at LA Quinta (DFW, TX) in May 2011.

Interview

Was contacted by recruiter from La Quinta Corporate HR after being referred by local sales Colleague. Telephone interview lasted 40 minutes and included typical questions re: experience, likes/dislikes, etc. Recruiter was very professional and personable and closed conversation explaining that I would be contacted by Regional DOS for next step. Was contacted approximately 7 days later by Regional DOS via telephone. Was told upon conclusion of interview that I would be contacted by VP of Sales after their annual sales rally, which would take place the following week.

I did not pursue further as I did not feel the 2nd interviewer possessed the articulation skills or industry knowledge of someone I would do well reporting to. I also did not want to be part of an organization that place such little importance on filling such a critical position.

Front Desk Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at LA Quinta (Fort Collins, CO) in May 2011.

Interview

He looked at my resume and asked about my past experience, especially my past hotel experience. He also asked a few questions about my other jobs with customer service. We talked about what days I would work and how long I would be with the company (it was a summer job). He told me to dress nice, then had me start training on the spot.