LA Quinta

Relevance Date Difficulty

Night Auditor Interview

Night Auditor

Interviewed at LA Quinta

Interview Details – Very fast and simple questions. Applied in the morning got called that afternoon and was hired the next day.

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Front Desk Clerk Interview

Front Desk Clerk
San Diego, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at LA Quinta in June 2010.

Interview Details – Interview was concise and easy. La Quinta had two weeks of training and 90 days of probation when hired. All you do is fill out forms agreeing to standard company procedures, and background check. The job description was right on spot with what you had to do.

Very Easy Interview

Lafayette, LA

I applied online - interviewed at LA Quinta in November 2012.

Interview Details – Resume. Call. Interview

Interview Question – None were really difficult. Do you have any experience in a hotel? How does your previous experience prepare you for this job?   Answer Question

Monterey, CA

I applied online - interviewed at LA Quinta in January 2012.

Interview Details – Answered a Craig's list ad and had a meeting with manager

Interview Question – None that I can think of   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Front Desk Clerk Interview

Front Desk Clerk
Fort Collins, CO

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at LA Quinta in May 2011.

Interview Details – He looked at my resume and asked about my past experience, especially my past hotel experience. He also asked a few questions about my other jobs with customer service. We talked about what days I would work and how long I would be with the company (it was a summer job). He told me to dress nice, then had me start training on the spot.

Interview Question – What I disliked most about working in a hotel   Answer Question

Area Director of Sales Interview

Area Director of Sales
DFW, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at LA Quinta in May 2011.

Interview Details – Was contacted by recruiter from La Quinta Corporate HR after being referred by local sales Colleague. Telephone interview lasted 40 minutes and included typical questions re: experience, likes/dislikes, etc. Recruiter was very professional and personable and closed conversation explaining that I would be contacted by Regional DOS for next step. Was contacted approximately 7 days later by Regional DOS via telephone. Was told upon conclusion of interview that I would be contacted by VP of Sales after their annual sales rally, which would take place the following week.

Reason for Declining – I did not pursue further as I did not feel the 2nd interviewer possessed the articulation skills or industry knowledge of someone I would do well reporting to. I also did not want to be part of an organization that place such little importance on filling such a critical position.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Human Resources Manager
Irving, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at LA Quinta in November 2009.

Interview Details – Friendly, respectful, no current openings but on file for future

Interview Question – As an HR person, what is your view on job eliminations?   View Answer

Night Auditor Interview

Night Auditor
Jacksonville, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at LA Quinta in October 2009.

Interview Details – The person was nice and told me he will call me. During the interview he didn't ask many questions. I was pretty sure I got the job until he call the next week told me he hired someone with more experience than me.

Interview Question – There wasn't any question that was difficult or unexpected   View Answer

Assistant General Manager Interview

Assistant General Manager

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at LA Quinta.

Interview Details – After filling out the online application I started the LONG process of being hired. I had 5 phone interviews over 4 months and then a face to face interview. Everyone is very nice and the process itself not not a hassle just took a very long time.

Interview Question – What makes you want to be part of the La Quinta team? It is not so much the question itself but they want you to be very well versed with the company and why you want to work with them.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very smooth. They made a fair offer to start with and the benefit package is really good

Front Desk

I applied in-person - interviewed at LA Quinta in March 2009.

Interview Details – the hiring and inter iew process has changed since I was hired and has changed for the positive.

Negotiation Details – there was none I was offered and accepted at $8 hour