LAMPS PLUS Interview Questions

Updated Jun 13, 2015

2.6

Remote Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chatsworth, CA

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at LAMPS PLUS (Chatsworth, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I would consider it positive. Met and interviewed with HR. After that, I briefly met with the department manager who was very enthusiastic and cool. Got a little different afterwards but met with a security guy who asked some questions as part of the background check. Heard from them a week later and accepted the position

Interview Questions

• Security guy asked how many days I had missed from work in the last 2 years.   Answer Question

Copy Writer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at LAMPS PLUS.

Interview

It was pretty straightforward. First spoke with Human Resources manager who then had me meet and speak with the Senior Content Manager. The only thing that threw me off was when they had me speak to some security guy who was going to do a background check. Felt a bit judgmental to be honest. Also felt like I was made to feel guilty about nothing. It was super weird. Got the job and accepted offer anyway.

Front-End Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chatsworth, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at LAMPS PLUS (Chatsworth, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Was asked to complete a code test consisting of a two column layout, an ordered list on the left, a paragraph on the right, and a center vertical border equal to the height of the tallest side. Inckrporate some method to enlarge and reduce the content of each side and include the ability to randomly sort the ordered list elements. Focus on object oriented coding patterns.

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chatsworth, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at LAMPS PLUS (Chatsworth, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Submit an test automation assessment script using Selenium Webdriver, 3 test cases provided by the recruiter. After the test was reviewed and verified as working from the hiring manager, the recruiter arranged the in person interview within 2 days.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at LAMPS PLUS.

Interview

The application process was casual and went very well. Manager seemed interested in me.There was an "on-line personality/work environment test".

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult, except the personality test was ONLY geared towards asking corporate environment structure questions related to being an employee with a superior ....Owning my own companies for over two decades .I haven't been an employee and it was almost impossible to answer a multitude of questions within this test.   2 Answers

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tukwila, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at LAMPS PLUS (Tukwila, WA) in September 2012.

Interview

Met first time with Manager and basically just listened to her talk. She had very few questions but then asked me to set up a second interview with a private detective to run a security check on me. Made a second trip to the store for that and then got an email request for another security check.
    I spent the next week calling the manager to find out about the status of my application but none of my calls were returned.

Interview Questions

• No question in particular was unexpected. Meeting with a private detective was unexpected and odd.   1 Answer

Sales Acociate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chatsworth, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at LAMPS PLUS (Chatsworth, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

Interview was very nice and easy, but be ready background check. security briefing and second interview. Previous experience is highly appreciated, as well as interest of working in the company. Knowledge of lighting and sone technical aspects of them is also important. was asked about previous employer and what would they say about me if contacted.

Interview Questions

• Did you stole any think from previous job?   1 Answer

Manager of Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chatsworth, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at LAMPS PLUS (Chatsworth, CA) in September 2010.

Interview

The process was smooth, and the interviewers were nice and professional.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a conflict between two co-workers   1 Answer

Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at LAMPS PLUS (North Hollywood, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

You first meet the managers for an interview then you have to pass a background check at corporate. They ask basic questions, like are you available for weekends, what computer programs do you know....

Interview Questions

• They ask about your communication skills since that is the most important skill to have for the job. They want to make sure you have a good command of the English language and can maintain a credible conversation.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, they just present the hourly rate and its up to you to take it or leave it.

Stock Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at LAMPS PLUS (San Diego, CA) in June 2009.

Interview

basic questions, previous job experiences was asked if i had the ability to multitask pretty much the interview felt like it was to see if you could hold a relevant conversation after the interview they send you to security check if they're interested in hiring you then they ask you all these questions then if you pass you get hired pretty simple

Negotiation

couldn't negotiate anything really it was my first job, got thrown in full time had to work weekends