LANDESK Interview Questions

Updated Feb 22, 2015
Updated Feb 22, 2015

UI Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at LANDESK in February 2015.

Interview

this was a contractor role and I had 2 phone interviews. First one was purely behavioral with the hiring manager and a few other people. You just talk about the role, your background, experience and interests. Second phone interview was technical with a few team members. It wasn't too bad..just basic javascript and HTML questions that's all. I declined their offer as the pay rate was below average.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at LANDESK in February 2014.

Interview

2 phone interviews: one with the recruiter, one with the future immediate supervisor. Then another interview in person with the supervisor and his manager. Got to meet the team. All interviews are about a week apart. Office is a little outdated, but decorations are great.

Interview Questions

• I'm thinking about an object in this room. You can ask me any question about it except for "What's the object?". What is the object?   1 Answer

Negotiation

didn't negotiate

Documentation Writer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at LANDESK (South Jordan, UT) in December 2012.

Interview

The interview process started as a simple 15 minute phone interview. The questions were general and straightforward. Typical questions. Good to know the company well and have details about recent developments. Second interview was with coworkers and manager.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult. Have answers for work problem scenarios and provide detailed questions for them regarding the position. Have a portfolio ready and you'll be fine. Position dissolved before I could go to a 3rd interview (budget constraints apparently).   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at LANDESK (South Jordan, UT) in December 2011.

Interview

Multiple interviews by phone and with current supervisors and peers. Interviews were focused on methods of trouble-shooting problems while maintaining a professional approach. White board discussions and mock company scenarios are used to evaluate the candidate.

Interview Questions

• If you could be an animal, what animal would you be and why?   Answer Question
    • What is your least favorite state in the US and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation of salary was a positive as previous and present work skills and compensation were evaluated and matched with employment offer.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at LANDESK (South Jordan, UT) in November 2011.

Interview

Phone interview with HR. Then often two in person interview. The first one was with the manager to make sure I would be compatible with the team and wouldn't be a hooligan. Then one with a technical person from the team ( or a couple people) about coding and general technical questions.

Interview Questions

• If you were to design a soda pop machien how would you test it and what systems would you employ to make sure it was continually teststed.   Answer Question

Product Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at LANDESK (South Jordan, UT) in September 2011.

Interview

I applied online on LANDesk website, the internal recruiter contacted me to determine if I still was interested in the position. The recruiter asked me some questions on my background, goals, and what I was looking for. Within a few hours the recruiter called me back to schedule a phone interview with the hiring manager. I interviewed over the phone with the hiring manager for an hour, that went really well and he was very professional. They then asked me to come in the following week for a face to face with two executive level staff members. The onsite interviewed last 30 minutes with the first executive, and 1 hour with the second executive. The questions were very reasonable, asked about my background, what I was looking for and some questions to determine my fit in their organization. Overall the process was very efficient, and I received an offer within 2 business days.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background   1 Answer
    • Give me some examples of how you managed products and brought them to market.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offer was exactly what I was looking for, and I was changing fields so I did not expect any more than I was hoping for.