LANDesk

Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Associate Software Engineer
South Jordan, UT

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at LANDesk in November 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR. Then often two in person interview. The first one was with the manager to make sure I would be compatible with the team and wouldn't be a hooligan. Then one with a technical person from the team ( or a couple people) about coding and general technical questions.

Interview Question – If you were to design a soda pop machien how would you test it and what systems would you employ to make sure it was continually teststed.   Answer Question

Documentation Writer Interview

Documentation Writer
South Jordan, UT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at LANDesk in December 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process started as a simple 15 minute phone interview. The questions were general and straightforward. Typical questions. Good to know the company well and have details about recent developments. Second interview was with coworkers and manager.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult. Have answers for work problem scenarios and provide detailed questions for them regarding the position. Have a portfolio ready and you'll be fine. Position dissolved before I could go to a 3rd interview (budget constraints apparently).   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Technical Support Engineer
South Jordan, UT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at LANDesk in December 2011.

Interview Details – Multiple interviews by phone and with current supervisors and peers. Interviews were focused on methods of trouble-shooting problems while maintaining a professional approach. White board discussions and mock company scenarios are used to evaluate the candidate.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Negotiation of salary was a positive as previous and present work skills and compensation were evaluated and matched with employment offer.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Product Management Interview

Product Management
South Jordan, UT

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at LANDesk in September 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online on LANDesk website, the internal recruiter contacted me to determine if I still was interested in the position. The recruiter asked me some questions on my background, goals, and what I was looking for. Within a few hours the recruiter called me back to schedule a phone interview with the hiring manager. I interviewed over the phone with the hiring manager for an hour, that went really well and he was very professional. They then asked me to come in the following week for a face to face with two executive level staff members. The onsite interviewed last 30 minutes with the first executive, and 1 hour with the second executive. The questions were very reasonable, asked about my background, what I was looking for and some questions to determine my fit in their organization. Overall the process was very efficient, and I received an offer within 2 business days.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background   View Answer
  • Give me some examples of how you managed products and brought them to market.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The offer was exactly what I was looking for, and I was changing fields so I did not expect any more than I was hoping for.

Worked for LANDesk? Contribute to the Community!