LAPD Interview Questions

Updated Apr 3, 2015

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at LAPD.

Interview

Lots of questions. Previous job sites. Why did I want the job? Police officer wanted me to be completely honest and professional. Talked about school and life. Overall it was a really good interview as it was my first interview, I went in confident and in the end I got the job.

Documentum Lead/Senior Content Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at LAPD (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Wear a nice but subdued suit, maintain eye contact with the person talking to you, don't smoke or chew gum. As for the questions, they are looking for your answers, answer honesty and if you don't understand the question, ask for it to be repeated/restated.

Negotiation

N/A

Police Officer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at LAPD in January 2010.

Interview

As with all applicants looking for sworn employment with the LAPD, I was subjected to an interview with a 2 person panel. The interview went very well. The panel members were courteous and professional. I went in with a confident and natural demeanor and feel it was to my advantage. You don't want to come off as timid, quite, and scared. Doing so will only make one appear as if they don't really want the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to a domestic violence call where the husband beat his wife in front of his child? What advice, if any, would you give the aggressor?   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

Police Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at LAPD (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2009.

Interview

The appliaction process is very streamlined. It begins with a written exam. Those who pass the exam move on to the background investigation. Those who pass the background investigation move on to the physical abilities test. If that part of the application is passed, applicants move on to the polygraph exam, from there applicants who pass move on to the pannel interview. If an applicant passes the interview he or she moves on to the medical examination and psychological evaluation. At the point the applicants name is placed on an eligibility list. Applicants are chosen from that list when a new academy becomes available. I believe applicants are ranked on the list. Those applicants at the top of the list are usually the most qualified and the ones that get chosen first.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a police officer?   1 Answer

Systems Analyst Interview

Interview

1. Check per.ci.la.ca.us for current open exams 2. Apply for the job opening you are interested in 3. Wait for interview letter 4. Ace the interview, get the highest score possible 5. Wait for there's an opening at LAPD; if there's one, the City will notify you for interview 6. Go for the interview and ace it. 7. If you are selected, they will send you a welcoming letter

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your backround, education that make you qualify for this position.   Answer Question