LCBO Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2014
Updated Sep 16, 2014

2.6

Fixed Term Summer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at LCBO in May 2014.

The Process took awhile, I applied for the job and by the time i had gotten the call I had been looking at other options. I was interviewed by three people. The manager, and two other managers from different stores. There was paper work that I had to fill out and policies to read before hand, so arrive a bit early. The question mainly revolved around customer service experience and situations I have been in.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions, everything was straight forward   Answer Question
    There wasn't one.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gravenhurst, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gravenhurst, ON (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at LCBO.

Got notification promptly that my resume had been received. There were two interviewers both whom were friendly and gracious which made for a very comfortable meeting. It was a relaxed setting in a table in the back warehouse. They ask you to fill out information forms about when you are free and if you have worked for the LCBO before. Overall it was an easy experience definately one of the most comfortable interviews I've ever had.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a difficulty you have had with a co-worker how did you handle it.   Answer Question
    No negotiations.

Fixed Term Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at LCBO in May 2014.

First there was a brief telephone interview. A few day later I received a call to come in for an interview. This was conducted by two people. One of the interviewers turned out to be my future store manager. During this interview I was handed several different sheets to sign. I was also told that during training, if accepted, I would have to swear two oaths to the Crown.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you felt a task you had performed made you feel like you were banging your head against the wall.   Answer Question
    None really. I asked what the job paid. They answered and I accepted.

Winter Fixed Help - Seasonal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hamilton, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at LCBO in October 2013.

Job Fair - interview time given. Required to fill out application prior to interview. Duplicate of resume.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a time when you took a course of action that was not viewed favourable for the company. How did you resolve this?   Answer Question

Rate of Pay was to low

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at LCBO in October 2011.

-Applied online
    -Received a phone, and was asked a few screening interview questions
    -Was invited to a panel interview (2 store managers) within the week of the phone call
    -Got called back for training, and assigned to a store

This was a pretty quick process

Interview Questions
    • They asked for many real life examples of how you manage difficult situations.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at LCBO.

Filled out a bunch of forms before interview. Two people interviewed me. They are very customer service oriented. Customer service is their main priority, they need to make sure you don't serve drunk or underage people. Friendly people at my interview, they also asked about safety in the workplace. They ask how you would deal with a tough customer situation, or how you have dealt with one in the past.

Interview Questions
    • They give a math question with multiplication, and addition. It was a fairly basic question, but I found it hard because I felt like I was put on the spot and didn't want to take too long or get it wrong.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at LCBO.

Applied online. I was asked a few prelimiary questions.

Interview Questions
    Didn't do negotiation I took the offer.

Seasonal Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at LCBO.

i was called in to the lcbo location closest to my residence and interviewed for the position and was hired a week later.
    the questions i was asked were standard such as: tell me about yourself, what kind of relevant experience do you have, various customer service questions etc.
    there was definitely an emphasis on customer service during the interview.

paid training took place at the bayview village location (which doubles as their head office)

Interview Questions
    • explain a difficult situation you had at a previous job and how did you solve it?
      also, being asked "tell me about yourself" always seems to catch me off guard
        Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at LCBO.

they call for an interview and schedule it for a week later, its 2 on 1, one man and one woman

Interview Questions

Customer Service Representative - Customer Service Representative - Fixed Term Interview

The process took 1 week - interviewed at LCBO in November 2010.

Received a phone call to come in for an interview. I'm pretty sure it was scheduled for the next day or two.
    My interview was with the district manager (not really sure) and the store manager.
    I received a phone call within a week offering me the job for Christmas.

After that, you have a day of "training." Takes place in a classroom with the other new hires. Mostly focuses on underage drinking and the importance of checking i.d.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you had a conflict or disagreement with a coworker.   Answer Question
    There's no negotiation with pay wage. It's set for seasonals. At the time it was $11.78 I think.

Worked for LCBO? Contribute to the Community!