LCBO Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2014
Updated Sep 16, 2014

2.6

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gravenhurst, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gravenhurst, ON (Canada)

I applied online – interviewed at LCBO.

Got notification promptly that my resume had been received. There were two interviewers both whom were friendly and gracious which made for a very comfortable meeting. It was a relaxed setting in a table in the back warehouse. They ask you to fill out information forms about when you are free and if you have worked for the LCBO before. Overall it was an easy experience definately one of the most comfortable interviews I've ever had.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a difficulty you have had with a co-worker how did you handle it.   Answer Question
    No negotiations.

Fixed Term Summer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at LCBO in May 2014.

The Process took awhile, I applied for the job and by the time i had gotten the call I had been looking at other options. I was interviewed by three people. The manager, and two other managers from different stores. There was paper work that I had to fill out and policies to read before hand, so arrive a bit early. The question mainly revolved around customer service experience and situations I have been in.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions, everything was straight forward   Answer Question
    There wasn't one.

Fixed Term Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at LCBO in May 2014.

First there was a brief telephone interview. A few day later I received a call to come in for an interview. This was conducted by two people. One of the interviewers turned out to be my future store manager. During this interview I was handed several different sheets to sign. I was also told that during training, if accepted, I would have to swear two oaths to the Crown.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you felt a task you had performed made you feel like you were banging your head against the wall.   Answer Question
    None really. I asked what the job paid. They answered and I accepted.

Winter Fixed Help - Seasonal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at LCBO in October 2013.

Job Fair - interview time given. Required to fill out application prior to interview. Duplicate of resume.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a time when you took a course of action that was not viewed favourable for the company. How did you resolve this?   Answer Question

Rate of Pay was to low

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at LCBO.

Filled out a bunch of forms before interview. Two people interviewed me. They are very customer service oriented. Customer service is their main priority, they need to make sure you don't serve drunk or underage people. Friendly people at my interview, they also asked about safety in the workplace. They ask how you would deal with a tough customer situation, or how you have dealt with one in the past.

Interview Questions
    • They give a math question with multiplication, and addition. It was a fairly basic question, but I found it hard because I felt like I was put on the spot and didn't want to take too long or get it wrong.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at LCBO.

Applied online. I was asked a few prelimiary questions.

Interview Questions
    Didn't do negotiation I took the offer.

Seasonal Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at LCBO.

i was called in to the lcbo location closest to my residence and interviewed for the position and was hired a week later.
    the questions i was asked were standard such as: tell me about yourself, what kind of relevant experience do you have, various customer service questions etc.
    there was definitely an emphasis on customer service during the interview.

paid training took place at the bayview village location (which doubles as their head office)

Interview Questions
    • explain a difficult situation you had at a previous job and how did you solve it?
      also, being asked "tell me about yourself" always seems to catch me off guard
        Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at LCBO.

they call for an interview and schedule it for a week later, its 2 on 1, one man and one woman

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

The process took a dayinterviewed at LCBO in November 2011.

I applied to several positions online all over the city, and after a month I was called to attend an interview in 2 weeks time. I went to the interview that was held at head office in mississauga, and had to sign in, dress professional, be on time etc. I was taken upstairs to a 1:2 interview. 2 interviewers, 1 man, 1 woman, and myself. It lasted about 15 mins, then almost 3 weeks later I was called by the branch manager that was going to be my new boss offering me a position, and instructing me to go to the one day training.

Interview Questions
    • What does social responsibility mean to you?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation, they made an offer I either accept it, or leave without a job.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at LCBO in October 2011.

-Applied online
    -Received a phone, and was asked a few screening interview questions
    -Was invited to a panel interview (2 store managers) within the week of the phone call
    -Got called back for training, and assigned to a store

This was a pretty quick process

Interview Questions
    • They asked for many real life examples of how you manage difficult situations.   Answer Question