LCBO Interview Questions

Updated Jul 12, 2015

2.6

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at LCBO in November 2014.

Interview

I applied for a fixed term position in early October and received a call for an interview the first week of November! The manager that I spoke to was very nice on the phone and in person, he was one of the two people who interviewed me, it took 15 minutes tops; they were both taking turns asking me questions that were all experience related. I actually enjoyed answering their questions, so I kind of flew through them all, but overall it was definitely one of the best interviews I've been to. The interview was on a Friday, they called my references on the Monday (the manager told one of the references that I got the job lol,) and I got a call officially about the job offer by the end of that week!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you used a solution to fix a problem but it didn't work out... I said I went on youtube to watch a DIY video and it still didn't fix the problem at had been trying to find a solution to lol.   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gravenhurst, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at LCBO (Gravenhurst, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Got notification promptly that my resume had been received. There were two interviewers both whom were friendly and gracious which made for a very comfortable meeting. It was a relaxed setting in a table in the back warehouse. They ask you to fill out information forms about when you are free and if you have worked for the LCBO before. Overall it was an easy experience definately one of the most comfortable interviews I've ever had.

Interview Questions

• Explain a difficulty you have had with a co-worker how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Fixed Term Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at LCBO (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2014.

Interview

First there was a brief telephone interview. A few day later I received a call to come in for an interview. This was conducted by two people. One of the interviewers turned out to be my future store manager. During this interview I was handed several different sheets to sign. I was also told that during training, if accepted, I would have to swear two oaths to the Crown.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you felt a task you had performed made you feel like you were banging your head against the wall.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None really. I asked what the job paid. They answered and I accepted.

Fixed Term Summer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at LCBO in May 2014.

Interview

The Process took awhile, I applied for the job and by the time i had gotten the call I had been looking at other options. I was interviewed by three people. The manager, and two other managers from different stores. There was paper work that I had to fill out and policies to read before hand, so arrive a bit early. The question mainly revolved around customer service experience and situations I have been in.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions, everything was straight forward   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't one.

Winter Fixed Help - Seasonal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at LCBO (Hamilton, ON (Canada)) in October 2013.

Interview

Job Fair - interview time given. Required to fill out application prior to interview. Duplicate of resume.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you took a course of action that was not viewed favourable for the company. How did you resolve this?   Answer Question

Rate of Pay was to low

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at LCBO.

Interview

Filled out a bunch of forms before interview. Two people interviewed me. They are very customer service oriented. Customer service is their main priority, they need to make sure you don't serve drunk or underage people. Friendly people at my interview, they also asked about safety in the workplace. They ask how you would deal with a tough customer situation, or how you have dealt with one in the past.

Interview Questions

• They give a math question with multiplication, and addition. It was a fairly basic question, but I found it hard because I felt like I was put on the spot and didn't want to take too long or get it wrong.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at LCBO.

Interview

Applied online. I was asked a few prelimiary questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't do negotiation I took the offer.

Seasonal Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at LCBO (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

i was called in to the lcbo location closest to my residence and interviewed for the position and was hired a week later. the questions i was asked were standard such as: tell me about yourself, what kind of relevant experience do you have, various customer service questions etc. there was definitely an emphasis on customer service during the interview. paid training took place at the bayview village location (which doubles as their head office)

Interview Questions

• explain a difficult situation you had at a previous job and how did you solve it? also, being asked "tell me about yourself" always seems to catch me off guard   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at LCBO.

Interview

they call for an interview and schedule it for a week later, its 2 on 1, one man and one woman

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at LCBO (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in November 2012.

Interview

Phone call to see if I was still interested in a Fixed Term Position (Seasonal). Once I said I was, I was brought into their office for a formal 2:1 interview. Sometimes the interview could be at store level, in an office.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer complaint?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation stage. Wages are set through the collective bargaining process. You will know your starting, and if hired on 'casual' you will know when and what your salary will be.