LCBO

Relevance Date Difficulty

Winter Fixed Help - Seasonal Interview

Winter Fixed Help - Seasonal
Hamilton, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at LCBO in October 2013.

Interview Details – Job Fair - interview time given. Required to fill out application prior to interview. Duplicate of resume.

Interview Question – Give me an example of a time when you took a course of action that was not viewed favourable for the company. How did you resolve this?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Rate of Pay was to low

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at LCBO in October 2011.

Interview Details – -Applied online
-Received a phone, and was asked a few screening interview questions
-Was invited to a panel interview (2 store managers) within the week of the phone call
-Got called back for training, and assigned to a store

This was a pretty quick process

Interview Question – They asked for many real life examples of how you manage difficult situations.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Customer Service Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at LCBO.

Interview Details – Filled out a bunch of forms before interview. Two people interviewed me. They are very customer service oriented. Customer service is their main priority, they need to make sure you don't serve drunk or underage people. Friendly people at my interview, they also asked about safety in the workplace. They ask how you would deal with a tough customer situation, or how you have dealt with one in the past.

Interview Question – They give a math question with multiplication, and addition. It was a fairly basic question, but I found it hard because I felt like I was put on the spot and didn't want to take too long or get it wrong.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at LCBO.

Interview Details – Applied online. I was asked a few prelimiary questions.

Interview Question – What are your strengths in customer service,   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't do negotiation I took the offer.

Seasonal Customer Service Representative Interview

Seasonal Customer Service Representative
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at LCBO.

Interview Details – i was called in to the lcbo location closest to my residence and interviewed for the position and was hired a week later.
the questions i was asked were standard such as: tell me about yourself, what kind of relevant experience do you have, various customer service questions etc.
there was definitely an emphasis on customer service during the interview.

paid training took place at the bayview village location (which doubles as their head office)

Interview Question – explain a difficult situation you had at a previous job and how did you solve it?
also, being asked "tell me about yourself" always seems to catch me off guard
  Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at LCBO.

Interview Details – they call for an interview and schedule it for a week later, its 2 on 1, one man and one woman

Interview Question – math questions   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative - Customer Service Representative - Fixed Term Interview

Customer Service Representative - Customer Service Representative - Fixed Term

The process took 1 week - interviewed at LCBO in November 2010.

Interview Details – Received a phone call to come in for an interview. I'm pretty sure it was scheduled for the next day or two.
My interview was with the district manager (not really sure) and the store manager.
I received a phone call within a week offering me the job for Christmas.

After that, you have a day of "training." Takes place in a classroom with the other new hires. Mostly focuses on underage drinking and the importance of checking i.d.

Interview Question – Describe a time where you had a conflict or disagreement with a coworker.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There's no negotiation with pay wage. It's set for seasonals. At the time it was $11.78 I think.

Toronto, ON (Canada)

The process took a day - interviewed at LCBO in November 2011.

Interview Details – I applied to several positions online all over the city, and after a month I was called to attend an interview in 2 weeks time. I went to the interview that was held at head office in mississauga, and had to sign in, dress professional, be on time etc. I was taken upstairs to a 1:2 interview. 2 interviewers, 1 man, 1 woman, and myself. It lasted about 15 mins, then almost 3 weeks later I was called by the branch manager that was going to be my new boss offering me a position, and instructing me to go to the one day training.

Interview Question – What does social responsibility mean to you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, they made an offer I either accept it, or leave without a job.

Worked for LCBO? Contribute to the Community!