LECG

Relevance Date Difficulty

Forensic Research Analyst Interview

Forensic Research Analyst
San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at LECG in July 2010.

Interview Details – I got the interview via a referral from someone who had worked at a different branch of the company. HR called me the same or next day to schedule the interview. Met with about 3 of 4 different people: CPA lead and some analysts. Asked me behavioral questions mostly, such as describe yourself using adjectives, how do you keep organized, etc. At the end, there was a tax return income statement in which you had provide bullet points of your thoughts of the document, and also some general research conceptual questions. Everyone was very nice, cordial, and amiable.

Interview Question – Name 3 adjectives that describe you best.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Evanston, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at LECG in October 2009.

Interview Details – I was asked if I had written any papers using data, and then about how I collected data and documented what I was doing with it. There were also questions about demand and supply, what a complement and substitute goods are, to define elasticity, what the shape of an elastic and inelastic graph looks like, and a few other basic economics definitions.

Then I was asked about my previous internships and what I did, about my previous employers and how I got along with them. I felt as though the interviewer was provoking me to badmouth a previous supervisor, but I'm not sure.

Finally, I was asked about my coursework-- why I took certain classes, what I found particularly interesting, and what classes I was yet to take before I graduated.

Interview Questions

Research Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at LECG in November 2010.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by 2 associates; one seemed very friendly, the other was a bit more standoffish. They seemed mainly interested in previous research analytical background, especially with regard to experience in econometrics and applying it in previous internships, such as with think tanks and the like. No real case questions (this was a first-round). The last question was to describe an economic trend/event I'd been following, and they asked some mildly challenging but enjoyable follow-ups; there was no quantitative work/ questioning.The interview was held on-campus.

Interview Question – What is a recent economic trend you've been following?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Research Analyst

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at LECG in December 2009.

Interview Details – First round - 45 minute interview with an Analyst on my University campus. Very very basic questions about accounting. 90% Behavioral.

Second round - full day of interviews (I believe 4 total) + partnered presentation. Interviewed with two analysts and two higher-ups. Only a few technical questions (like 1 or two), the rest were behavioral. Followed by a case presentation working together with one other person. We were given 35 minutes to review a litigation case, and then 20 minutes or so to present it to two execs. Team effort throughout.

Interview Question – Name five skills you believe are essential for this job, and explain why.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were in the middle of the merger so there was no signing bonus, no relocation assistance, nothing. Very difficult to negotiate.

Manager Interview

Manager

The process took a day - interviewed at LECG in January 2008.

Interview Details – Simple interview. Knew I had the job immediately. No frills.

Interview Question – When can you start?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at LECG in January 2009.

Interview Details – Initally i submitted a cover letter and CV.

I then made it through to the first assessment day which involved a group casestudy and a numeracy test and a summary.
The group case study included some quantitative stuff along with a presentaiton to the rest of the group as a two.

I passed the first stage and got invited back to a second round of interviews. This consisted of a two further inteviews one with a senior figure. Asking case study questions in addition to "so when will the financial crisis end?" etc.

Interview Question – Darling says the financial crisis is over, do you agree?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for LECG? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at LECG interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by LECG employees and interview candidates.