LECG Research Analyst Interview Questions

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at LECG in October 2009.

I was asked if I had written any papers using data, and then about how I collected data and documented what I was doing with it. There were also questions about demand and supply, what a complement and substitute goods are, to define elasticity, what the shape of an elastic and inelastic graph looks like, and a few other basic economics definitions.

Then I was asked about my previous internships and what I did, about my previous employers and how I got along with them. I felt as though the interviewer was provoking me to badmouth a previous supervisor, but I'm not sure.

Finally, I was asked about my coursework-- why I took certain classes, what I found particularly interesting, and what classes I was yet to take before I graduated.

Other Interview Reviews for LECG

Research Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at LECG in November 2010.

I was interviewed by 2 associates; one seemed very friendly, the other was a bit more standoffish. They seemed mainly interested in previous research analytical background, especially with regard to experience in econometrics and applying it in previous internships, such as with think tanks and the like. No real case questions (this was a first-round). The last question was to describe an economic trend/event I'd been following, and they asked some mildly challenging but enjoyable follow-ups; there was no quantitative work/ questioning.The interview was held on-campus.

Interview Questions
    • What is a recent economic trend you've been following?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at LECG in December 2009.

First round - 45 minute interview with an Analyst on my University campus. Very very basic questions about accounting. 90% Behavioral.

Second round - full day of interviews (I believe 4 total) + partnered presentation. Interviewed with two analysts and two higher-ups. Only a few technical questions (like 1 or two), the rest were behavioral. Followed by a case presentation working together with one other person. We were given 35 minutes to review a litigation case, and then 20 minutes or so to present it to two execs. Team effort throughout.

Interview Questions
    • Name five skills you believe are essential for this job, and explain why.   Answer Question
    They were in the middle of the merger so there was no signing bonus, no relocation assistance, nothing. Very difficult to negotiate.