LEVICK

6 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Fellowship Interview

Fellowship

I applied online and interviewed at LEVICK.

Interview Details – Emailed HR with my resume and cover letter.. heard back about 3 weeks or so later
Met in their office for an hour with 3 people- One VP, One Admin, One Manager (heads up the fellowship program)
Meet with them each individually
Asked standard questions until the last manager wanted to keep me on my toes and asked tricky questions that I wasn't expecting
Overall they were nice, but I didn't leave feeling confident with my answers to the unexpected questions

Interview Question – What makes good writing?
What if you can't always be honest?
  Answer Question

Director Interview

Director
Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at LEVICK in July 2013.

Interview Details – I went through a series of interviews. I was close with a number of executives at the firm through other work experiences, and I know it was a great place to work. I joined as soon as I was offered a position

Interview Question – "I know what you can do for us -- what do you want to learn while you are here?"   Answer Question

Social Media/Digital Team Member Interview

Social Media/Digital Team Member
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at LEVICK in April 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online for a specific position with company. After a few weeks they reached out to me and wanted to set up a phone interview. I was very excited until I found out a couple days later that the phone interview was for a paid internship position, not the original position I applied for. I went through with the interview process anyway because I was interested in the company. On the day of my phone interview, I spoke with three different team members. I was asked about myself, my experiences (professionally and academically) and then asked to answer hypothetical questions. That afternoon, after the phone interviews, I was asked to complete a writing sample where they sent me a situation and I had to develop and write a plan (timed 2 hour writing sample). Three days later I received a phone call offering the job and then I got the formal offer via e-mail.

Interview Question – Please describe Levick Strategic Communications' as if you were telling some one who had never heard of the firm before.   Answer Question

Vice President – Social and Digital Media Interview

Vice President – Social and Digital Media

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at LEVICK.

Interview Details – After applying I was asked in for an interview first thing in the morning. Upon arrival I was given a bag with two books by Richard Levick. It is a nice gesture, but it felt pretty presumptuous. Unfortunately the HR guy was out sick so I was shunted to another individual on the digital team who knew nothing about me and wasn't prepared. She was very nice, but for a crisis communications firm, it was strange they didn't have a plan for interviews when the HR folks are out. We talked about my background and life at Levick. It was clearly communicated to me that the job was all demanding, with long nights and weekends as necessary. I appreciated the candor.

After speaking with one individual for about 20 minutes, I moved on to another individual, also on the digital team. He, too, was nice, but again it was more a conversation and less a formal interview. I did learn that over half the digital team had been there less than a year and virtually none of the digital team had been there longer than 3 years. By the end of the interviews, it was obvious that Levick is fundamentally a crisis communications firm that is looking to bolt-on digital. I knew before I left that Levick and it wouldn't be a good fit for what I was looking for.

Interview Question – Since the interviews were more conversations, I didn't have any tough questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at LEVICK in May 2011.

Interview Details – This was the most intense interview I've ever been on. As soon as I walked in, I was given a personalized welcome packet, Harvard business review article, 2 books written by the president and founder, and a bottle of water. I then individually interviewed with three account executives, all of whom were lovely and asked pretty much the same standard questions. Afterwards, I took a 2 hr writing test. The process was very long but relatively painless, although I have already made up my mind not to work with this firm.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work in PR?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at LEVICK in March 2011.

Interview Details – I should've consulted the reviews on this site before interviewing. Based on my interview, it is very apparent that the junior staff does all the work and has all the knowledge - they're the ones who asked legitimate questions about my skillset and background.

Interviews with more senior individuals were incredibly unprofessional, consisting only of meaningless questions such as "what is your favorite swear word?" and "tell me a joke?"

Needless to say, I'm glad I've found work elsewhere.

Interview Questions

Worked for LEVICK? Contribute to the Community!