LF USA

Relevance Date Difficulty

Director IT Interview

Director IT
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at LF USA.

Interview Details – I had one in person interview with the hiring manager. The first thing the person explained after I mentioned that I felt the job description closely matched my current responsibilities was that the job description was generic and not exactly what the job entails. This was quite a surprise and I spent the rest of the interview trying to figure out exactly what the job was. Some of the questions I was being asked were to do with the actual job and not the job description that I was pretty familiar with. This made it difficult to figure out how to answer some of the questions.

Interview Question – What's your philosophy on life?   Answer Question

Associate Designer Interview

Associate Designer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at LF USA.

Interview Details – I had 3 interviews before I was accepted for a position with LFUSA. I believe the interview was fair and I was accepted for the job position based on my skill level.

Interview Question – The questions were not difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. I gave an asking price and they met my price.

Senior Sales Executive Interview

Senior Sales Executive
New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at LF USA in June 2012.

Interview Details – Interview contact was made through a customer. Process lasted 6 weeks. 1 interview with potential boss, 1 interview with HR, 1 recap with potential boss.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was initially offered a low salary. Got them to come up 30%, then after being there 2 months got another 30%.

Very Easy Interview

Finance Interview

Finance
New York, NY

Interview Details – they called me and I went in for an interview and the next day I was offered the job

Interview Question – finding the person who interviewed me... that person was in many meetings   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at LF USA in October 2010.

Interview Details – very easy, pretty much knew i had the job before the interview

Interview Question – actually tested during the interview for skills   Answer Question

Planner Interview

Planner
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at LF USA in June 2011.

Interview Details – 1 phone interview with the Director of Planning

1 two person interview with a planning manager and the brand manager of accounts. As interview progressed positively, I was given a homework assignment to take home two emailed reports with store sales data and another report with product sales data. My charge was to analyze the business data and come up with suggestions on how to improve and manage the business.

After this I was made a job offer

Interview Question – Take a look at these emailed reports and get back to us with what you would do to improve and manage the business.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Pleasant. I asked for more money and they agreed to a 3% increase if I met goals satisfactorily after 90 days with the company.

Assistant Designer Interview

Assistant Designer
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at LF USA in December 2012.

Interview Details – 1. HR interview
2. Interview with design team
3. Meet with VP

Interview Question – What can you bring to the team that we don't already have?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at LF USA.

Interview Details – I worked here for 5 years at Kids Headquarters, went to Adjmi (which made me want to leave the industry entirely) and was let go, so HR called me and asked me to come freelance ful-time, which I was happy to do, and after a few months, they hired me full-time when a position opened up.

Interview Question – there weren't any interview questions, because i'd been freelancing there, and my manager spoke very highly of me and referred me to HR, so I didn't have to show my portfolio or anything. The only topic of conversation was negotiating a salary, which is more intense because I had another offer to leverage against them in this negotiation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had another offer, so I told them what it was, and they did their best to match it, but considering what their benefits and 401K and vacation are, I think I came out ahead in the end even though I wasn't accepting as much money as I was offered from the other place.

Designer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at LF USA.

Interview Details – I applied on their website and got a call back a few weeks later from the human resources recruiter. So the first stage was to meet HR and then the next stage was meeting my hiring manager plus an additional manager. I think my position needed to be filled rather quickly so it was an easy process, went through 2 stages of interviews and got the job offer.

Interview Question – I was unemployed at the time so I had to explain why I left my prior job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much to negotiate since it was a decent offer.

Worked for LF USA? Contribute to the Community!