LF USA Interview Questions

Updated Jul 15, 2015

2.6

Assistant Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at LF USA (New York, NY).

Interview

I had two interviews on the same day, I had my portfolio with me which we discussed in great detail. The interview was on Friday and I was offered the job on the following Monday

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not really any room for negotiations

Director IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at LF USA (New York, NY).

Interview

I had one in person interview with the hiring manager. The first thing the person explained after I mentioned that I felt the job description closely matched my current responsibilities was that the job description was generic and not exactly what the job entails. This was quite a surprise and I spent the rest of the interview trying to figure out exactly what the job was. Some of the questions I was being asked were to do with the actual job and not the job description that I was pretty familiar with. This made it difficult to figure out how to answer some of the questions.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at LF USA in July 2014.

Interview

There was no phone interview. The initial interview schedule was changed and not communicated. When the interview took place, it was evident a phone interview would have sufficed.

Interview Questions

• Questions were not directed for skills based on the job.   Answer Question

Associate Designer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at LF USA.

Interview

I had 3 interviews before I was accepted for a position with LFUSA. I believe the interview was fair and I was accepted for the job position based on my skill level.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I gave an asking price and they met my price.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at LF USA (New York, NY).

Interview

they called me and I went in for an interview and the next day I was offered the job

Interview Questions

• finding the person who interviewed me... that person was in many meetings   Answer Question

Assistant Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at LF USA (New York, NY) in December 2012.

Interview

1. HR interview 2. Interview with design team 3. Meet with VP

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the team that we don't already have?   Answer Question

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at LF USA (New York, NY).

Interview

I worked here for 5 years at Kids Headquarters, went to Adjmi (which made me want to leave the industry entirely) and was let go, so HR called me and asked me to come freelance ful-time, which I was happy to do, and after a few months, they hired me full-time when a position opened up.

Interview Questions

• there weren't any interview questions, because i'd been freelancing there, and my manager spoke very highly of me and referred me to HR, so I didn't have to show my portfolio or anything. The only topic of conversation was negotiating a salary, which is more intense because I had another offer to leverage against them in this negotiation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had another offer, so I told them what it was, and they did their best to match it, but considering what their benefits and 401K and vacation are, I think I came out ahead in the end even though I wasn't accepting as much money as I was offered from the other place.

Senior Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at LF USA (New York, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

Interview contact was made through a customer. Process lasted 6 weeks. 1 interview with potential boss, 1 interview with HR, 1 recap with potential boss.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was initially offered a low salary. Got them to come up 30%, then after being there 2 months got another 30%.

Footwear Designer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at LF USA in March 2012.

Interview

lots of interviews for a long time - questions about what I could do for them - which was the theme of the company - i should have seen the warning signs!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

long and arduous

Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at LF USA (New York, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

1 phone interview with the Director of Planning 1 two person interview with a planning manager and the brand manager of accounts. As interview progressed positively, I was given a homework assignment to take home two emailed reports with store sales data and another report with product sales data. My charge was to analyze the business data and come up with suggestions on how to improve and manage the business. After this I was made a job offer

Interview Questions

• Take a look at these emailed reports and get back to us with what you would do to improve and manage the business.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pleasant. I asked for more money and they agreed to a 3% increase if I met goals satisfactorily after 90 days with the company.