LG Electronics

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Seoul (South Korea)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at LG Electronics.

Interview Details – Three on-site interviews. Once with team leader and the other was with departmental head. Final interview with directors just in formal manner.

Interview Question – Stupid questions but always hard to answer with making up stories.
- Why did you quit your former job?
- How long would you work for our company?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The company had tried to make me join early as possible, but I was trying to delay. They might be afraid of loosing prospective employees. It was quite stressful to hear their repeated call with saying "earlier" and at last I told them if I could not have some time space then it will be better for them to give a chance to others. After that, I could keep my intended schedule and not only that, they raised my initial salary even I didn't asked for.

SCM Manager Interview

Seoul (South Korea)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at LG Electronics in July 2010.

Interview Details – Basically one or two interviews are expected.
(Of course CV must be good then you will get some interview chance. )

In case you have no job experience before,
You will have to go through interviews about 2 hours.
1st round.
kind of normal stuff - asking things about you, checking your knowledge
on the subject which you studied before. + and etc.

2nd round - interview with VP
They will give you some topics, 10 minute preparation, 1 minute speech
Mainly they will see how you will fit in nicely to the organisation.

Interview Question – Questions vary considering the background of each interviewee.
It is like a brain teaser with current events. 'Is it reasonable to ask (or force) to LG Employee to use the product of LG Electronics other than some other electronics company?'
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – 3 Days After the interview, they offered by an email.

Manager Interview

Manager
Seoul (South Korea)

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at LG Electronics in March 2011.

Interview Details – document review -> 1st interview/presentation -> 2nd interview with directo

Negotiation Details – persuade HR to accept your opinion, they are trying to negotiate your career and salary.

Senior ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Seoul (South Korea)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at LG Electronics in September 2011.

Interview Details – They have usually checked basic concepts, and professional backgrounds. Specially, they were interested in my Ph.D. research.

Interview Question – What is your Ph.D. research?   Answer Question

R&D Engineer Interview

R&D Engineer
Seoul (South Korea)

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at LG Electronics in January 2008.

Interview Details – Interview process was quite smooth and step by step.

Interview Question – Describe yourself in English   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for LG Electronics? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at LG Electronics interview questions and advice in Seoul. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by LG Electronics employees and interview candidates.