LG Electronics USA

Very Easy Interview

Assistant Product Manager Interview

Assistant Product Manager
Englewood Cliffs, NJ

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at LG Electronics USA in July 2010.

Interview Details – Headhunter will look for your resume online, give you a call and schedule an interview if you're bilingual (Korean/English). If you are looking for a job in product management, you really have to speak Korean as all your bosses will be from Korea and not fluent in English.

Interview Question – Can you cope with working after hours? Do you know what PSI stand for?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation phase was not stressful at all. It is very easy to get a job here.

Industrial Design Intern Interview

Industrial Design Intern

Interviewed at LG Electronics USA

Interview Details – I had 2 interviews one by phone and one in person. Everyone was friendly and made me feel like it would be a great working environment. It started with a couple emails being exchanged followed by a phone call and then after the in person interview it was then followed up again by an email asking me to accept or decline the position.

Interview Question – I think the hardest question was when could I start because it was something I expected in the second interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – This was unpaid so there wasn't much to negotiate minus number of hours worked. I ended up working 40 hours though.

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Staff Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at LG Electronics USA.

Interview Details – I first found the opening on Dice. About a week and half after I applied for the position, I got a phone call with their HR asking about my availability. We then setup a phone interview 2 days later, with the hiring manager. The phone interview lasted about 45 minutes. I was asked about my past experience in the field and some high level technical questions. He was very satisfied with the interview and invited me for an on-site interview the next day. For the on-site interview I met with the hiring manager, 2 other engineers from the group and the department head. I was asked some very technical questions, and I also had to write some C code on the white board. The interview went for the whole morning. The next week I got a call from HR telling me they wanted to make me an offer, but would like to check with my references and do a routine background check on me. I got the offer by the end of the week.

Interview Question – Draw the NAND gate in transistor level   View Answer

Logistic Assistant Manager Interview

Logistic Assistant Manager

Interviewed at LG Electronics USA

Interview Details – A phone interview was conducted after the initial review of the resume. The company conducted an in-person interview over a Skype on two different occasions.

Interview Question – Questions were pretty simple and straightforward. They don't ask anything out of ordinary. Questions were mostly about your leadership, and instances about when and how you handled conflicts with the upper management and associates.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Salary was not very competitve

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Englewood, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at LG Electronics USA in November 2013.

Interview Details – HR contacted right away after job application was submitted. Met with HR recruiter and interviewed. Covered the basics, and how my current position will help with the position being applied. Got back to me within a two weeks after initial interview.

Interview Question – Recruiter asked about my salary history right off the bat. I didn't expect it so blatant and so early on in the interview.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Englewood Cliffs, NJ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at LG Electronics USA in March 2010.

Interview Details – Th hiring process was quite easy, no HR interview, just a quick interview with prospective supervisor. Sh was nice and only asked general questions, so the conversation was quite casual. This was one of the easiest interviews I had.

Interview Question – There was none. Questions ranged from " tell me about yourself" to " what are you current work responsibilities" .... Pretty standard ....   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Their offer was better than my current salary at that time, so taking it was no brainer.

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Englewood, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at LG Electronics USA in January 2012.

Interview Details – - Applied thru LG Electronics website
- Got interview call almost 2 months later

Interview Question – - what is your career goal in short and long run?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
Englewood, NJ

I applied online and the process took 8 months - interviewed at LG Electronics USA.

Interview Details – Submitted online resume and received call requesting interview within about 2 weeks. Interview went very well and lasted a little over 1 hour. Everyone was very friendly from the moment I walked through the doors until I left. Three people in a room (2 Koreans, 1 American) asking questions. Questions were not very difficult considering I was very expirienced in the position I was applying for. The following day I sent thank you email to Dirctor of department thanking him and his associates for meeting with me and that I was very interested in the position. Several weeks had passed so I sent a follow-up email to HR with no response. A few weeks after the email I followed up with a phone call again to HR with no response. I had basically given up and then one day out of the blue and 8 MONTHS later I get an email from a computer thanking me for meeting with them; however I was no longer in the running for the position. To this day position remains open and I do not know why I was not considered.

Interview Question – This question was by far the weirdest question i have ever been asked- "If it was your sons 5th birthday and after work you and your family were getting together for a party at your home and I asked you to stay at work causing you to miss the party, what would you do?"   View Answer

Director Interview

Director
Englewood Cliffs, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at LG Electronics USA.

Interview Details – Normal HR's phone and personal interview.
Managerial personel's phone interview and person to person interview.
Another phone interview due to manager's business trip.

Interview Question – Woudl you care for applying at other position instead of ABC?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very slow and lagging

Retail Promotions Manager Interview

Retail Promotions Manager
Englewood Cliffs, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at LG Electronics USA in August 2010.

Interview Details – This was one of the longest interview process that I experienced. I had 8-9 interviews, mostly in-person. It appeared to me that the hiring manager did NOT have as much control over the hiring decisions as his counterparts and senior management in other departments. The team appeared to come from a diverse background, which was great. The amount of interviews was not necessary for this position, but since this is a company that stressed the importance of cross-functioning with other teams, I understand why so many people from other divisions were invlolved in the process.

Interview Question – I can't recall any specific questions?   View Answer

Worked for LG Electronics USA? Contribute to the Community!