LG Mobile Phones Interview Questions

Updated Jul 13, 2015

2.7

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LG Mobile Phones (San Diego, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

I had a 30 minutes phone screen interview with a technical recruiter. She asked me about my past internship experience and some general questions. Then, I had an hour phone interview with the hiring manager the following week. After the phone interviews, I had an onsite group/panel interview with the Software Engineering teams and the Hiring manager. Most technical questions were conceptual. There were a few behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Java Question: What are the differences between a hashcode and equals methods   1 Answer

Logistics Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LG Mobile Phones (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Very unorganized, and treated poorly by HR

Interview Questions

• "Do you drink or smoke for fun. " I was told everyone does, and I should do it also.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Simple. No negotiation allowed.

Senior Manager, Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood Cliffs, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LG Mobile Phones (Englewood Cliffs, NJ) in October 2011.

Interview

Informal and straight forward, customer referral to the hiring manager. Applied online and called hiring manager directly. After a quick conversation was contacted by HR for telephone screen, interview with hiring manager scheduled, face to face with hiring manager. Interview scheduled with group leader, 1:1 with group lead, panel interview with marketing team scheduled - also face to face(s), introduced to division head after panel for quick meeting (ten minutes). HR follow up to determine salary needs and expectations. Offer letter received FedEx next day with instructions. Call from hiring manager to ask what I thought...offer gleefully accepted.

Interview Questions

• The question that came up a lot was like this one (multiple parts) "Explain a task that you found extremely difficult to accomplish and tell me how you approached it, what were the results, were you satisfied, could you have done anything differently, would you do that again?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very Easy. I was open about what I was making and said I would like to make more. They benchmarked my salary and found that I was under-compensated, and made me an offer that was aligned with others already in that role.

Software Engineer II - Android Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at LG Mobile Phones (San Diego, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

I was interviewed in November 2010 was told every week that we are interested in your candidacy and will get back to you next week till December when they finally replied and said they have been interviewing other candidates and have hired some1 else. In March 2011, I had another offer they called up I interviewed again and was extended a verbal offer which they were working on for 1 week and after that cancelled my appointment and offer because they dont want to hire at that time .... reason: budget constraints (and they called me again for the interview saying they have more budget so they whated to hire)

Interview Questions

• All Android Based Questions   1 Answer
    • data structure algorithms testing and research questions   Answer Question

The Company does not hold work ethics and does not know how to treat a potential employee. Only thing they follow religiously is strictness in work environment. you cant take some portion of work at home even when feel so sick because this is not how they work (they want you to utilize a sick leave for that)

Assistant Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morristown, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at LG Mobile Phones (Morristown, NJ) in May 2010.

Interview

two senior managers interviewed me in conference call.

Interview Questions

• What is the reason smartphone will surpass feature phone?   Answer Question
    • How would you differentiate your android product if you are in charge of project compare to other contenders?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at LG Mobile Phones (Seoul (South Korea)).

Interview

it's quit long time whole interview process - 2 months. I apply online. first time paper review and I got online test like IQ test and normal HR questions. And then, I got technical interview with LGE project managers. We talked about what I did / what can I do / etc. And final interview is with HR managers and Big Fish guys.

Interview Questions

• explain about your big issues during university student   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at LG Mobile Phones (Bangalore (India)) in September 2012.

Interview

I had an interview with LG. The process of Interview is as follows. Initial shortlisting - First you get shortlisted and get a call for the interview. A date is fixed. The interviews are scheduled which a great plus and number of candidates are less. There are a total of 4 rounds of interview. Initially you are given a briefing of the interview procedure. After that you have 2 technical rounds. If you clear them you have an HR round and finally a (1:1) with the Manager. All of these interviews are generally managed on the same day itself..! Best of luck..!! It's a good company to work for.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question are related to coding. Syntax and terminologies of the coding language should be known in details.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ampang, Selangor Darul Ehsan (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at LG Mobile Phones (Ampang, Selangor Darul Ehsan (Malaysia)) in January 2012.

Interview

Interview Questions

• It's easy to use Acrobat X to complete key tasks more quickly. Convert files to PDF, create fillable forms, scan paper documents, and use optical character recognition   Answer Question

Antenna Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LG Mobile Phones (Seoul (South Korea)) in March 2011.

Interview

Email interview based on the resume, and introduction of specific job tasks. Ask about current research topic, previous research experience. Expectation to apply the company after finishing degree.

Interview Questions

• Will you join the company after the degree? Want to have an intern as one of possible future candidate   Answer Question
    • Research topic is somewhat different with current job position, how do you think about this?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LG Mobile Phones in March 2010.

Interview

included 1:1 interview and group inter for a day. Typical interview questions

Interview Questions

• example of a project that was able to demonstrate your leadership skills   Answer Question