LG&E and KU Energy Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at LG&E and KU Energy

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at LG&E and KU Energy.

Met with a managing member of the group in a small office. The interview was easy and fair.

Interview Questions
    • What would be the first thing I would do when I got into my office.   View Answer

Co-Op Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at LG&E and KU Energy.

Interviewed at the plant the opening was at. Interviewed on Thursday, Offered on Monday.

Interview Questions
    • Not really any difficult questions - interview is more to see what kind of student/person you are, how much you know about the company etc etc....no situation based questions.   Answer Question
    No pay negotiation - salary is set for co-ops based on credit hours.

Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at LG&E and KU Energy in July 2010.

I applied for the position, and received a call approx. two weeks later asking to submit to a phone interview. The phone interview went well, consisting of mainly behavioral based interview questions. Approx. three weeks after the phone interview, the company asked me to come to their headquarters for the interview. After two or three weeks had passed since the interview, I called the individual who would have been my supervisor, who informed me that I had not been chosen.

The company did reimburse me for mileage.

Interview Questions
    • Name a situation at work where you were met with ambiguity, and how did you respond?   Answer Question
    • Name a situation at work where you were confronted with something that conflicted with your ethics and morals, and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at LG&E and KU Energy in May 2010.

I applied for this position online, via the company's website. I received an initial phone interview for another position. However, after speaking with the HR contact, she determined that I needed to be considered for a higher level position. She referred my application to the hiring manager. About 10 days later, I interviewed with the Director and I am still waiting for the results of the background check to see what the next steps will be.

Lab Tehnician Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at LG&E and KU Energy in March 2010.

all day interview, 6 interviewers

Co-Op Engineer Interview

Spoke with LG&E and KU at a career fair, got an interview the next day. Interviewed with 6 engineers, some from headquarters and some from plants. Pretty relaxed interview, everyone was very nice. Questions mainly about my experience in school so far, and items on my resume.