LG&E and KU Energy

Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager Interview

Manager
Louisville, KY

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at LG&E and KU Energy.

Interview Details – Met with a managing member of the group in a small office. The interview was easy and fair.

Interview Question – What would be the first thing I would do when I got into my office.   View Answer

Co-Op Interview

Co-Op

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at LG&E and KU Energy.

Interview Details – Interviewed at the plant the opening was at. Interviewed on Thursday, Offered on Monday.

Interview Question – Not really any difficult questions - interview is more to see what kind of student/person you are, how much you know about the company etc etc....no situation based questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No pay negotiation - salary is set for co-ops based on credit hours.

Compliance Analyst Interview

Compliance Analyst
Louisville, KY

The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at LG&E and KU Energy in July 2010.

Interview Details – I applied for the position, and received a call approx. two weeks later asking to submit to a phone interview. The phone interview went well, consisting of mainly behavioral based interview questions. Approx. three weeks after the phone interview, the company asked me to come to their headquarters for the interview. After two or three weeks had passed since the interview, I called the individual who would have been my supervisor, who informed me that I had not been chosen.

The company did reimburse me for mileage.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation at work where you were met with ambiguity, and how did you respond?   Answer Question
  • Name a situation at work where you were confronted with something that conflicted with your ethics and morals, and how did you respond?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Lab Tehnician Interview

Lab Tehnician

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at LG&E and KU Energy in March 2010.

Interview Details – all day interview, 6 interviewers

Interview Questions

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager
Louisville, KY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at LG&E and KU Energy in May 2010.

Interview Details – I applied for this position online, via the company's website. I received an initial phone interview for another position. However, after speaking with the HR contact, she determined that I needed to be considered for a higher level position. She referred my application to the hiring manager. About 10 days later, I interviewed with the Director and I am still waiting for the results of the background check to see what the next steps will be.

Interview Question – Account for gaps in employment.   View Answer

Co-Op Engineer Interview

Co-Op Engineer

Interviewed at LG&E and KU Energy

Interview Details – Spoke with LG&E and KU at a career fair, got an interview the next day. Interviewed with 6 engineers, some from headquarters and some from plants. Pretty relaxed interview, everyone was very nice. Questions mainly about my experience in school so far, and items on my resume.

Interview Question – What do you think of coal as an energy source?   Answer Question

Worked for LG&E and KU Energy? Contribute to the Community!