LMI Interview Questions

Updated Aug 15, 2014

2.4

Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at LMI.

Cordial and professional. As a senior and experienced professional, I received a relatively straightforward interview process. The program director and I got along fine. The job offer followed shortly thereafter. My long experience, education, and extensive resume made only the salary a question to be resolved.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a client who asks for items outside the SOW?   View Answer
    Negotiated for a modest salary because I wanted to get away from a cubicle.

Organization Management Interview

I applied online - interviewed at LMI in May 2014.

I had to apply twice and was called the scond time. The interview date was moved 3 times until all schdules finally connected. Meet with the Deputy Director and Manager. Straight forward questions. They wanted to know me. They mentioned that the contract pipeline was slow, so no jobs available right away. Status is pending

Research Fellow Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at LMI.

Four one-on-one 30-minute interviews in a relaxed environment.

Interview Questions
    • ASked about a specific difficult client situation and how I would handle it.   View Answer
    Very limited - more of a "take-it-or-leave-it" offer

Intelligence Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at LMI.

I applied to the position and sent a cover letter to a person in HR recommended by my referrer. I was contacted through email about setting up a phone interview. There were about 2 or 3 phone interviews while I waited for a contract they were bidding on. The contract did not come through so I did not get an offer.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online - interviewed at LMI in October 2013.

phone interview, two office interviews and a final phone interview. Long process which creates qualified employees.

Interview Questions
    I was not able to negotiate. The hourly wage is set by the contract you work under.

Consulting Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 months - interviewed at LMI.

Interviewed with 3 to 4 people on separate occasions. The process was long but casual.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were fairly standard. My interviews were conversational.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

interviewed at LMI in February 2012.

Had an 1:1 interview with a senior consultant. The interview took about 30 minutes. The interview went well in my opinion, some HR person contacted me later and I wrote emails back, but never heard back from them again.

A Lengthy Process Apparently Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at LMI in May 2012.

Well, no offer YET. After a phone screen, I was invited in. The person that I had the one-on-one interview said that it was a rather lengthy process, that she was the first in-person interview, but that they do not bring people into the company unless they've generally had in-person interviews with four people in the company. One of these must be a VP or above.
    She felt that I was overqualified for the position, and that I might be likely to feel that it was not challenging enough. She promised to refer my resume to other people in the company that she was pretty sure would find it interesting. She said that the process would be likely to take more than a month. Well, I guess we will see. It was a very pleasant interview.

Interview Questions
    • Here is the position. How does your background fit in? (This was more of a conversation than a question).   View Answer

Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at LMI in February 2010.

I interviewed with the companies Officers and other senior leadership. It gave me ample time to determine if I was a fit with the company and if I would enjoy working with my colleagues. Everyone was very welcoming and gracious. They want to hire people who are bright, creative, curious and passionate about their subject matter. Extra points go to civic minded applicants.

Interview Questions
    • Actually none of the questions were especially difficult. That may be because I have several years experience in my field. The questions were all relevant to my work.   Answer Question
    The compensation offer was fair and I didn't negotiate so I can't give advise on this question.

Logistics Analysis Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at LMI in September 2009.

Applied online through university career site. Interview with former co-op. Mostly behavioral. Work culture is good, a little laid back. Company is small compared to leaders in industry, good potential for career development, pay is sub-par compared to industry leaders, good place to switch to mid career but not so good to start off.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you had to go against the orders of a superior   Answer Question

Worked for LMI? Contribute to the Community!