LORD Corporation

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Senior Business Analyst
Cary, NC

I applied through college or university and interviewed at LORD Corporation.

Interview Details – Hired out of full-time MBA. Former graduates of my MBA program interviewed me on campus, then invited 3 candidates to LORD HQ in Cary, NC for a second round of interviews. I had 5 interviews that day, including the Hiring Manager, HR, the CFO, a Director, and a 2-on-1 interview with former Business Analysts.

Interview Question – If you were analyzing a company, and you could only have one of the financial statements, which one would you want and why?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I negotiated the vacation weeks, signing bonus, base salary. I did not negotiate relocation or housing allowance.

Mechanical Engineer Intern Interview

Mechanical Engineer Intern
Erie, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at LORD Corporation in November 2010.

Interview Details – I visited their booth at a campus career fair and applied online. Several weeks later I received a call from HR to schedule a phone interview. It went well and within a week I had an offer. They sent the offer letter by email and gave me a few days to accept. I started right after Thanksgiving. They were great for working around my trimester academic schedule.

Interview Question – No real difficult questions, just asked what I was interested in doing and a little about my past experience. (internship position, so it was relatively basic.) Asked a little about basic stress/strain curves.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – As it was an internship, I didn't do any negotiating. One benefit that they did provide was a free apartment to the interns.

Electrical Design Engineer Interview

Electrical Design Engineer
Erie, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at LORD Corporation in May 2009.

Interview Details – Interview with 1 group, people you will work with and HR. Questions were detailed about experience and standard questions about your goals and ambitions.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years.   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Specialist
Cary, NC

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at LORD Corporation in June 2013.

Interview Details – The process consisted of a phone interview and two separate rounds of various one-on-ones. There was also one panel of two. It was a very pleasant experience and they were very accommodating to my current schedule.

After offer was extended I had to have a background check completed as well as a drug screening and physical.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not have to negotiate as they gave me a very competitive offer.

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern

Interviewed at LORD Corporation

Interview Details – I had two interviews with the company for two separate internships. One was a phone interview which went very well, but it was my first phone interview so I found it slightly overwhelming having several people talk to me at once without seeing them. The other interview was in person and was very relaxed. I felt comfortable talking about my experiences and school work.

Interview Question – They asked why they should hire me for the specific position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Since it was a summer internship I was offered a wage without negotiation. However, I found the hourly wage to be a good amount so I was satisfied.

Senior Engineer Interview

Senior Engineer
Cary, NC

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at LORD Corporation in May 2012.

Interview Details – Interview was technical and they shared much about what they currently work on.

Interview Question – Questions about process and workflow   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Salary was not what was expected

Quality Engineer Interview

Quality Engineer
Erie, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at LORD Corporation in January 2011.

Interview Details – The process was a little confusing because I was not interviewed for a specific position and the HR representative was not able to tell me what job or jobs I was being interview for ahead of time, which made it difficult to prepare. The first interview was a phone interview with 4 people who described multiple job opportunities available. The second interview was with the same group of people, interviewing again for multiple positions. A final interview was held with two individual interviews.

Interview Question – No surprising questions were asked.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at LORD Corporation in June 2009.

Interview Details – Applied an opend application to arecruiter, was asked if I was interested in a position at my current employer. Was on a interview followed up with an phone interview, got an offer. Declined the forst and renegotiated the terms later accepted.

Interview Question – What is your weak side   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for LORD Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at LORD Corporation interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by LORD Corporation employees and interview candidates.