LORD Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Mar 15, 2015
Updated Mar 15, 2015

2.5

Staff Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at LORD Corporation.

I applied online but also knew an employee who worked there. I believe his help and an email from me to my manager are what got HR moving to interview me. I had a short (15-20 minute) phone call with someone from HR during which I scheduled an interview with an engineer in the group I applied for.

Senior Aerospace Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at LORD Corporation in February 2015.

Had a couple short phone screening interviews with HR and one hour long phone interview with two Staff Engineers and the Engineering Manager.

I ended up not doing an on-site interview after discussing salary/compensation for the position. Salary was significantly less than other offers in the same area for my experience, but LORD was ok with having someone with significantly less experience.

Interview Questions
    • Straight forward asking me questions about items on my resume and LinkedIn profile. No trick questions, no need to prepare.   View Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

I applied online – interviewed at LORD Corporation in July 2014.

Applied for position via Internet job board. Was contacted by phone about an interview, but was first asked what my salary requirements were before moving forward. My interview took place at the LORD Corporation office, and was provided a tour of the building the position would be in, after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult decision you ever had to make?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at LORD Corporation in February 2014.

I was contacted by HR to schedule a 1 hour phone interview with the hiring manager and another engineer in the department. However, the manager ended up having to leave early that day, so I only spoke with the other engineer. The interview was very straight forward and essentially was about my past experiences and the projects that were listed on my resume. It was a very pleasant conversation and I was told that the next step would be an on-site interview if I was selected.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. All questions were about my resume and why I wanted to work for the company.   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied through college or university – interviewed at LORD Corporation.

Hired out of full-time MBA. Former graduates of my MBA program interviewed me on campus, then invited 3 candidates to LORD HQ in Cary, NC for a second round of interviews. I had 5 interviews that day, including the Hiring Manager, HR, the CFO, a Director, and a 2-on-1 interview with former Business Analysts.

Interview Questions
    • If you were analyzing a company, and you could only have one of the financial statements, which one would you want and why?   View Answer
    I negotiated the vacation weeks, signing bonus, base salary. I did not negotiate relocation or housing allowance.

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at LORD Corporation in June 2013.

The process consisted of a phone interview and two separate rounds of various one-on-ones. There was also one panel of two. It was a very pleasant experience and they were very accommodating to my current schedule.

After offer was extended I had to have a background check completed as well as a drug screening and physical.

Interview Questions
    I did not have to negotiate as they gave me a very competitive offer.

Summer Intern Interview

I had two interviews with the company for two separate internships. One was a phone interview which went very well, but it was my first phone interview so I found it slightly overwhelming having several people talk to me at once without seeing them. The other interview was in person and was very relaxed. I felt comfortable talking about my experiences and school work.

Interview Questions
    • They asked why they should hire me for the specific position.   Answer Question
    Since it was a summer internship I was offered a wage without negotiation. However, I found the hourly wage to be a good amount so I was satisfied.

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at LORD Corporation in November 2012.

After submitting an application online, I was contacted by someone in HR and she set up a 30 minute phone interview with two engineering managers. During the call, I was asked about my research and some personal experience questions (i.e., tell about a time when...). I was then invited to interview on site, which consisted of a 30 minute technical presentation followed by Q&A and then several 1 on 1 interviews with other engineers and HR. Questions ranged from technical to more personal experience.

Interview Questions
    Able to negotiate salary and PTO.

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at LORD Corporation in May 2012.

Interview was technical and they shared much about what they currently work on.

Interview Questions

Salary was not what was expected

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erie, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erie, PA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at LORD Corporation in January 2011.

The process was a little confusing because I was not interviewed for a specific position and the HR representative was not able to tell me what job or jobs I was being interview for ahead of time, which made it difficult to prepare. The first interview was a phone interview with 4 people who described multiple job opportunities available. The second interview was with the same group of people, interviewing again for multiple positions. A final interview was held with two individual interviews.