LORD Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2014

2.8

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied online - interviewed at LORD Corporation in July 2014.

Applied for position via Internet job board. Was contacted by phone about an interview, but was first asked what my salary requirements were before moving forward. My interview took place at the LORD Corporation office, and was provided a tour of the building the position would be in, after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult decision you ever had to make?   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied through college or university - interviewed at LORD Corporation.

Hired out of full-time MBA. Former graduates of my MBA program interviewed me on campus, then invited 3 candidates to LORD HQ in Cary, NC for a second round of interviews. I had 5 interviews that day, including the Hiring Manager, HR, the CFO, a Director, and a 2-on-1 interview with former Business Analysts.

Interview Questions
    • If you were analyzing a company, and you could only have one of the financial statements, which one would you want and why?   View Answer
    I negotiated the vacation weeks, signing bonus, base salary. I did not negotiate relocation or housing allowance.

Mechanical Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erie, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at LORD Corporation in November 2010.

I visited their booth at a campus career fair and applied online. Several weeks later I received a call from HR to schedule a phone interview. It went well and within a week I had an offer. They sent the offer letter by email and gave me a few days to accept. I started right after Thanksgiving. They were great for working around my trimester academic schedule.

Interview Questions
    • No real difficult questions, just asked what I was interested in doing and a little about my past experience. (internship position, so it was relatively basic.) Asked a little about basic stress/strain curves.   View Answer
    As it was an internship, I didn't do any negotiating. One benefit that they did provide was a free apartment to the interns.

Electrical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erie, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at LORD Corporation in May 2009.

Interview with 1 group, people you will work with and HR. Questions were detailed about experience and standard questions about your goals and ambitions.

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at LORD Corporation in June 2013.

The process consisted of a phone interview and two separate rounds of various one-on-ones. There was also one panel of two. It was a very pleasant experience and they were very accommodating to my current schedule.

After offer was extended I had to have a background check completed as well as a drug screening and physical.

Interview Questions
    I did not have to negotiate as they gave me a very competitive offer.

Summer Intern Interview

I had two interviews with the company for two separate internships. One was a phone interview which went very well, but it was my first phone interview so I found it slightly overwhelming having several people talk to me at once without seeing them. The other interview was in person and was very relaxed. I felt comfortable talking about my experiences and school work.

Interview Questions
    • They asked why they should hire me for the specific position.   Answer Question
    Since it was a summer internship I was offered a wage without negotiation. However, I found the hourly wage to be a good amount so I was satisfied.

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at LORD Corporation in May 2012.

Interview was technical and they shared much about what they currently work on.

Interview Questions

Salary was not what was expected

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erie, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at LORD Corporation in January 2011.

The process was a little confusing because I was not interviewed for a specific position and the HR representative was not able to tell me what job or jobs I was being interview for ahead of time, which made it difficult to prepare. The first interview was a phone interview with 4 people who described multiple job opportunities available. The second interview was with the same group of people, interviewing again for multiple positions. A final interview was held with two individual interviews.

Account Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at LORD Corporation in June 2009.

Applied an opend application to arecruiter, was asked if I was interested in a position at my current employer. Was on a interview followed up with an phone interview, got an offer. Declined the forst and renegotiated the terms later accepted.

Interview Questions

Worked for LORD Corporation? Contribute to the Community!