LPL Financial Interview Questions

Updated Oct 2, 2014
Updated Oct 2, 2014

2.6

Human Resources Employee Relations Generalist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at LPL Financial.

I interviewed for the San Diego office location. The initial interview process was very positive with great interaction between myself, the recruiter and the hiring manager. I had two phone interviews that seemed to go very well. I then had an in person interview which I thought had gone well also. I was then told it would be 3-4 weeks before a decision was made. I followed up at the 5 week mark with the recruiter and got a upbeat email in response stating no decision had been made and I was still being considered. I then sent another follow up email at 7 weeks to the hiring manager and the recruiter and had no response. At 9 weeks I got a very canned email stating that while I was very qualified they had selected someone else for the role. I would have preferred better follow up and contact from LPL sooner than 9 weeks especially considering I was very excited and interested in the job. I would have also preferred to get a more personal email that would have provided some feedback for why I wasn't selected so I could do training or learn more in a particular area to assist me in my continued job search. Felt like I had fallen into a black hole.....

Technician Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at LPL Financial.

it was through a third party recruiter. Interview was fine, nothing extreme, needed to know technical details.first was a phone interview, and then another phone interview. Did not meet the manager for 4.5 years following interview and hire.

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at LPL Financial.

Contacted by Recruiter, had initial phone screen, followed by a three subsequent interviews with the hiring manager, the Hiring manager's peer and the hiring manager's manager. It was a great experience overall

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Jolla, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Jolla, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at LPL Financial.

Interviewed but got an offer 1 month later for a different position. Accepted and proceeded with background. Then they asked if I can start the same day, I declined since I need more notice. Then they called me and decided not to proceed with the position. Waste of time!

Senior Level IT Executive Interview

I applied online – interviewed at LPL Financial.

Interview with SVP regarding a high level executive IT role. No follow up on interview at all. Extremely unprofessional behavior for an executive level position. Even a thanks or no thanks would be expected for a role at this level. I would not recommend this company. Lack of courtesy and etiquette is extremely disappointing.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at LPL Financial in March 2014.

Contacted by recruiter, 2 phone interviews with Vp's including Hiring Manager, in person interview with another VP and team. The process overall was very good, the communication/follow up was great. I was always kept in the loop on next steps and approx time frames which was great and appreciated.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly about past experiences, current experience, management style, process improvement, strategic thinking, technical skills   Answer Question
    Offered within requested range on the high end.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at LPL Financial in March 2014.

Applied online. Took almost a month to hear back. Rcvd email requesting phone interview (from Charlotte, NC office). Participated in phone interview a week later. No feedback for another 3 - 4 weeks. Then received email requesting in person interview (another week out). There were 5 finalists. Had 3 separate meetings with 3 different people (not including the executive for which I would be working). After 3 weeks and word, I sent an email to HR requesting status. Another week later, received a "form" letter email with the usual "we filled the role with an applicant whose qualifications better fit the position..."

An unprofessional end to a long, dragged out process.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at LPL Financial in December 2013.

Initial phone interview with HR. What do you know about the company? What are your strengths and weaknesses. Then invited for an onsite interview. Two 30 min back to back the 2 sets of department management.

Service Center Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at LPL Financial in December 2013.

Started with a 10 Minute Phone Screening with HR, was contacted later that day to schedule a on site interview a few days later. On site interview was about 30 minutes with two managers, followed by a brief 10 minute meeting with upper management. Learn as much about the company as possible and be prepared to give examples from past employment

Interview Questions
    • First question will be "Tell us what you know about our company"   View Answer
    None, position pays well and hours are nice

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at LPL Financial.

Interview and application with review of practice and production. Production qualifications to become advisor.