LPL Financial

Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Vice President Interview

Assistant Vice President
Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at LPL Financial.

Interview Details – Contacted by Recruiter, had initial phone screen, followed by a three subsequent interviews with the hiring manager, the Hiring manager's peer and the hiring manager's manager. It was a great experience overall

Interview Question – What is the ROI for a project that I worked on   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Specialist
La Jolla, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at LPL Financial.

Interview Details – Interviewed but got an offer 1 month later for a different position. Accepted and proceeded with background. Then they asked if I can start the same day, I declined since I need more notice. Then they called me and decided not to proceed with the position. Waste of time!

Very Easy Interview

Office Manager Interview

Office Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at LPL Financial in January 2011.

Interview Details – Interview was very strong and inviting. Very detailed to job description. Last minute phone call asking to come in right away. Needs someone starting today. Said alot and made alot of promises during the interview which none of them were met. But overall very laid back and simple.

Interview Question – The difficult questions are when asked personal information. Its not professional but it seems to always be the question on family and marriage pertaining to flexible hours for children and family.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had to take a pay cut compared to former pay and was asked to work part time hours.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Senior Level IT Executive Interview

Senior Level IT Executive

I applied online and interviewed at LPL Financial.

Interview Details – Interview with SVP regarding a high level executive IT role. No follow up on interview at all. Extremely unprofessional behavior for an executive level position. Even a thanks or no thanks would be expected for a role at this level. I would not recommend this company. Lack of courtesy and etiquette is extremely disappointing.

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at LPL Financial in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online. Took almost a month to hear back. Rcvd email requesting phone interview (from Charlotte, NC office). Participated in phone interview a week later. No feedback for another 3 - 4 weeks. Then received email requesting in person interview (another week out). There were 5 finalists. Had 3 separate meetings with 3 different people (not including the executive for which I would be working). After 3 weeks and word, I sent an email to HR requesting status. Another week later, received a "form" letter email with the usual "we filled the role with an applicant whose qualifications better fit the position..."

An unprofessional end to a long, dragged out process.

Service 360 Representative Interview

Service 360 Representative
La Jolla, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at LPL Financial in January 2013.

Interview Details – Application process is easy and time efficient. Communication was done via email since I already worked there as a temp and everything went smooth. After submitting my resume online I was contacted via an appointment accept/decline email. From there I met with three managers all from different teams. After the interview I was contacted via email again less than one week later for a follow up interview. The follow up interview was actually the offer interview in which we discussed salary, acceptance and scheduling. After the acceptance I had to fill out a formal application in which a back ground check was conducted along with a drug test. I was in my new position within 30 days of the initial interview.

Interview Question – Teach me how to tie a shoe.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – To be honest I was happy with what my manager initially offered me so I accepted with no hesitation.

Manager Interview

Manager
Charlotte, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at LPL Financial in March 2014.

Interview Details – Contacted by recruiter, 2 phone interviews with Vp's including Hiring Manager, in person interview with another VP and team. The process overall was very good, the communication/follow up was great. I was always kept in the loop on next steps and approx time frames which was great and appreciated.

Interview Question – Mostly about past experiences, current experience, management style, process improvement, strategic thinking, technical skills   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offered within requested range on the high end.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Senior Software Developer
Charlotte, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at LPL Financial in April 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring process consisted of one technical recruiter screening, and two phone interviews with lead and senior developers. This was a standard practice back in 2012. The interviewing process have changed since then. Now you will mostly be invited for a face-to face interview with a group of senior and lead developers, after an initial phone screening. The interview questions as I recall were very technical and covered mostly Microsoft development stack including C#, ASP.NET and SQL Server questions. Even though most of the questions were technical, a high attention was given to general communication skills and team working experience. The expectation was that the person must be able to get up to speed quickly in technical areas and also not be afraid to communicate when a difficult situation arose.These days the interview questions will mostly depend on a particular needs of a department that is looking to fill a position and a particular skill set required for that position.

Interview Question – In technical area the most difficult questions were in SQL Server domain area. An unexpected question was to share a most notable failure from you past professional experience.   Answer Question

Business Analyst - Temp Interview

Business Analyst - Temp
San Diego, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at LPL Financial in November 2013.

Interview Details – Got a call from the temp agency. Interviewed with the temp agency then two managers at LPL later. Temp agency negotiated my wage. I then accepted through the temp agency.

Interview Question – Whats your weakness?
What do you know about the company?
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – Temp agency does all the negotiating.

Service Center Representative Interview

Service Center Representative

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at LPL Financial in December 2013.

Interview Details – Started with a 10 Minute Phone Screening with HR, was contacted later that day to schedule a on site interview a few days later. On site interview was about 30 minutes with two managers, followed by a brief 10 minute meeting with upper management. Learn as much about the company as possible and be prepared to give examples from past employment

Interview Question – First question will be "Tell us what you know about our company"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None, position pays well and hours are nice

Worked for LPL Financial? Contribute to the Community!