LRN Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Jun 16, 2015

3.3

Enable Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at LRN (New York, NY).

Interview

Very long interview process. Had to meet with many people, over a few days. Was spread out over a few weeks. Some of the times were inconvenient, but I was very interested in working for the organization that I made do. I enjoyed meeting the different people I spoke with. With each meeting, I was introduced to more and more very talented and intelligent individuals, all the way up to the CEO.

Interview Questions

• What does it mean to be principled in business in our world today?   1 Answer

Engagement Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at LRN (New York, NY).

Interview

Took about 3-4 weeks for the entire process. First interview was over the phone. Follow up interview in person, very challenging questions were asked. After that I interviewed with both Presidents and then the CEO.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what I thought the difference was between a company with a mission and a mission that has a company. I was asked to do a thought exercise about my values, ethics and capitalism and then i interviewed with the ceo which was tough and stressful. he asked very challenging questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

not much room for negotiation

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at LRN (New York, NY) in December 2013.

Interview

Went to two interviews. Am hour long each one. Grilled about how I feel being in such an environment where there are no titles and no one is the boss. I was contacted by a recruiter for this position. After the 2nd interview my recruiter called and said they are unable to make a decision at this time. What a waste of everyone's time.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were how I would feel in such an enviornment. They also reasoned twice, "what is it you think we do?"   Answer Question

Engagement Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at LRN (New York, NY).

Interview

Incredibly long string of uncoordinated and repetitive interviews (at least 12). Scheduled with HR to lock out a half day and took time off from work - the scheduled interviewers cancelled and shuffled in other employees who were unprepared (understandably). Following an interview with a rather condescending gentleman in a senior position, I easily decided "LRN is not for me". This firm feels too political in nature. While promoting ethics in the work place is noble, the company felt too dependent on its CEO, as if it were a religious philosophy with HOW as its text, and seemed deficient pragmatic business sense. I ended the process early before meeting with Dov having discovered it wasn't my best option for my career trajectory.

Interview Questions

• A thoughtful ethics question posed by a C-level executive. If you read HOW, these questions are simple to solve.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at LRN (New York, NY) in July 2011.

Interview

I was sent to LRN by Office Team which is a division of Robert Half. LRN is located in a beautiful building in midtown Manhattan. Before the interview I was briefly interviewed on the phone from their corporate office. LRN is a company which is trying to promote the idea that excellence in workplace behavior leads to higher profits. The president is Dov Seidman. I was interviewing to be his executive assistant. Lovely offices, very open and eco-friendly. I was briefly interviewed by Dov's present exec. assistant. She was very pleasant. Then I was interviewed by Dov and unexpectedly another woman joined in. They were both very pleasant and friendly. Dov said it wasn't an "interview," just a friendly meeting to get to know one another which is disingenuous, because of course, it is an interview. He is charismatic and describes himself as such. Both he and the woman were frank and I believe quite honest about the position. It would be a 24/7 position, frantic, maniacal pace. Dov said that although he is a friendly type guy, it's an insane situation with 20 balls up in the air all at once. I decided the position wasn't what I was looking for, but for an EA who can cope with that sort of constant pressure and frenzied pace, I recommend it. I told Dov and the woman that it didn't sound like the right position for me. The woman said she would keep me in mind for something less intense and we all parted cordially.

Interview Questions

• Are you sure you want to be an Executive Assistant?   1 Answer

GreenOrder Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at LRN (New York, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

The first round interview was a 1:1 phone interview. Second round was a 1:1 skype interview. Then they send you "HOW" a book by LRN's CEO which you read before coming in for the third round which is a series of 1:1 interviews with analysts, senior analysts, and other people on the hiring board. This round also includes a skills assessment of a general math/science question to see how you think through simple logic as well as a business case interview. Then, the next round is a case presentation in which you have 5 hours to complete a case analysis and present your answer in 5 slides or so. If they like that, then you write short essays based on HOW and your personal fit with the company and your values etc. The final round interview is a series of conversations with the President of GreenOrder and the CEO of LRN. Be ready to discuss your weaknesses, failures, criticisms, regrets etc almost once per person who interviews you and don't lie or give a hidden response. The company values honesty.

Interview Questions

• If you had a magic wand and could change one thing about the world, what would it be and why?   Answer Question
    • What's a private company you admire for their environmental efforts? Why? What efforts? Who else?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at LRN (New York, NY) in January 2008.

Interview

Lots of discussion and questions, culture was important .

Interview Questions

• Have you read HOW?   1 Answer
    • Describe a situation where a co worker was behaving unethically and what you did.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation