LRN Interview Questions in New York City, NY

2.5

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at LRN in December 2013.

Went to two interviews. Am hour long each one. Grilled about how I feel being in such an environment where there are no titles and no one is the boss. I was contacted by a recruiter for this position. After the 2nd interview my recruiter called and said they are unable to make a decision at this time. What a waste of everyone's time.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were how I would feel in such an enviornment. They also reasoned twice, "what is it you think we do?"   Answer Question

Engagement Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at LRN.

Incredibly long string of uncoordinated and repetitive interviews (at least 12). Scheduled with HR to lock out a half day and took time off from work - the scheduled interviewers cancelled and shuffled in other employees who were unprepared (understandably). Following an interview with a rather condescending gentleman in a senior position, I easily decided "LRN is not for me". This firm feels too political in nature. While promoting ethics in the work place is noble, the company felt too dependent on its CEO, as if it were a religious philosophy with HOW as its text, and seemed deficient pragmatic business sense. I ended the process early before meeting with Dov having discovered it wasn't my best option for my career trajectory.

Interview Questions
    • A thoughtful ethics question posed by a C-level executive. If you read HOW, these questions are simple to solve.   Answer Question

Presumably A Leadership Role -- They Don't' Have Titles (But Do Have A Chief Executive Officer/Exec Committee)! Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at LRN.

I was recruited to interview for an undefined senior role with LRN. I met with several people (I think leaders, but they wouldn't call themselves that) at the company. I must say this was the most disorganized, unprofessional organization with which I have ever dealt.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to speak about how you don't care at all about structure, how you're willing to take a huge pay cut for an ill-defined job that (if it doesn't work out) won't necessarily give you any transferable skills, how you are obsessed with their ill-defined positions and organization. Those who have been there for a long time seem really to drink the kool aid and they expect you to stroke their egos about how wonderful it is to work at a flat organization that pays you poorly, apparently treats its employees poorly, and doesn't even know what they want you to do if you're "lucky" enough to be hired. And their recruiter was among the least professional with whom I've ever dealt. After such a negative interview experience, I decided -- appropriately I'm sure -- not to work there. If this is how they treat candidates, how do they possibly treat employees?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at LRN in July 2011.

I was sent to LRN by Office Team which is a division of Robert Half. LRN is located in a beautiful building in midtown Manhattan. Before the interview I was briefly interviewed on the phone from their corporate office.

LRN is a company which is trying to promote the idea that excellence in workplace behavior leads to higher profits. The president is Dov Seidman. I was interviewing to be his executive assistant.

Lovely offices, very open and eco-friendly. I was briefly interviewed by Dov's present exec. assistant. She was very pleasant. Then I was interviewed by Dov and unexpectedly another woman joined in. They were both very pleasant and friendly. Dov said it wasn't an "interview," just a friendly meeting to get to know one another which is disingenuous, because of course, it is an interview. He is charismatic and describes himself as such. Both he and the woman were frank and I believe quite honest about the position. It would be a 24/7 position, frantic, maniacal pace. Dov said that although he is a friendly type guy, it's an insane situation with 20 balls up in the air all at once.

I decided the position wasn't what I was looking for, but for an EA who can cope with that sort of constant pressure and frenzied pace, I recommend it. I told Dov and the woman that it didn't sound like the right position for me. The woman said she would keep me in mind for something less intense and we all parted cordially.

Interview Questions
    • Are you sure you want to be an Executive Assistant?   View Answer

GreenOrder Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at LRN in June 2011.

The first round interview was a 1:1 phone interview. Second round was a 1:1 skype interview. Then they send you "HOW" a book by LRN's CEO which you read before coming in for the third round which is a series of 1:1 interviews with analysts, senior analysts, and other people on the hiring board. This round also includes a skills assessment of a general math/science question to see how you think through simple logic as well as a business case interview. Then, the next round is a case presentation in which you have 5 hours to complete a case analysis and present your answer in 5 slides or so. If they like that, then you write short essays based on HOW and your personal fit with the company and your values etc. The final round interview is a series of conversations with the President of GreenOrder and the CEO of LRN. Be ready to discuss your weaknesses, failures, criticisms, regrets etc almost once per person who interviews you and don't lie or give a hidden response. The company values honesty.

Interview Questions
    • If you had a magic wand and could change one thing about the world, what would it be and why?   Answer Question
    • What's a private company you admire for their environmental efforts? Why? What efforts? Who else?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at LRN in January 2008.

Lots of discussion and questions, culture was important .

Interview Questions
    • Have you read HOW?   View Answer
    • Describe a situation where a co worker was behaving unethically and what you did.   View Answer
    No negotiation