LSE Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 21, 2014
7 interviews

2.5

Administrator Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at LSE.

Communication was all email based. One panel interview and a skills test. The panel interview involved standard competency based questions and the test involved completing a work related task. The test was completed in an open plan office with the other employees which was a bit distracting to be honest. The panel interview was fine although I didn't get a good sense of what the company culture is like for employees. Overall I felt the process only focused on finding out how closely your experience related to the person specification, and not whether you would fit with the current employees/team, ideally there would be more of a balance.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you have not delivered exceptional customer service? What did you learn from this?   Answer Question

Teaching Fellow Interview

Internal process for PhD students: fill out a form with experience of teaching and fields of study, reference provided by supervisor. PhD administrator allocates teaching to PhD students that are lacking other funding opportunities. Only extendable to another year.

Interview Questions
    • No questions, based on reference by supervisor and teaching evaluations from past teaching assistant experience.   Answer Question

IT Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 5 days - interviewed at LSE.

One application round. and then one interview

Interview Questions
    • there were some technical questions. Difficulty depends on a peson   Answer Question
    no negotiation. salary was discussed before the job

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at LSE.

Very poor. Initial instructions were vague - I had to e-mail to find the location of the interview. It took 2 weeks to produce a contract and then it was incorrect.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were so easy I kept wondering if I was missing something - I wasn't. Totally standard competency based interview, but with rather more obvious questions than usual. Lots of interviewers - seemed unnecessary, especially since 2 of them didn't appear to understand the questions they were asking.   Answer Question

Academic Support Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  City of London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England (UK)

I interviewed online - interviewed at LSE in September 2010.

I was interviewed by a panel of three people. I also took a test, writing sample letters on site right after the interview.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

interviewed at LSE in October 2010.

I responded to an internal jobs listing and was contacted by email several weeks later. I was then invited in for a mock example of the research and a 1-1 interview. Very efficient, friendly and through. Very key on fit and understanding of the role.

Interview Questions
    • Explain exactly the typeof work you would be undertaking   Answer Question

Research Administrator Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at LSE in December 2009.

Ask about everything on the CV, had one interview with 2 research administrator, and one professor in the LSE. Need someone with Master degree to work in this post (honestly, it is just an easy job making sure research fund is correctly distributed, those clever research admininstrator told me that Oh no one will listen to people without a Master in this profession, I think it is such a waste of time and talent)

Interview Questions
    • Can you work for one year? (despite the fact that they say 3 to 6 months on their stupid job ad)   Answer Question
    • Why do you want this job?   Answer Question

Worked for LSE? Contribute to the Community!