LSG Sky Chefs

Relevance Date Difficulty

Procurement Interview

Procurement
Irving, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at LSG Sky Chefs.

Interview Details – The interview was a three step process with a phone and two in person interviews. They wanted to see how you dealt with difficult situations and bringing solutions to the table. The in person reviews were a little tough because of a diverse thought process on correct answer. Luckily I was able to show my resilience in overcoming the dilemma to bring success for the company.

Interview Question – when dealing with autonomous work how did you feel or successfully complete the project?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – n/a

Operations Supervisor Interview

Operations Supervisor
East Boston, MA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at LSG Sky Chefs in August 2012.

Interview Details – It was a normal interviewing process. It was based on the interviews. the first interview was with the HR personal, after a few days I was called back for an interview with the HR manager. After another day or so I was called back to interview with the general manager, then upon leaving I was called back a few hours later to go back for drug testing.

Interview Question – I do not remember having a difficult or unexpected question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase. I was pleased with what was offered and therefore accepted.

Quality Assurance Interview

Quality Assurance

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at LSG Sky Chefs.

Interview Details – Answer a scripted phone interview question - e.g. availability for work, personal background questions. Then 1 on 1 interview with hiring manager and if you get a tour you most probable to get the job.

Interview Question – Why do you want to leave your current job?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Operations Supervisor, August 2009 Interview

Operations Supervisor, August 2009
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at LSG Sky Chefs.

Interview Details – Applied on line, received call from HR manager for in person interview. Department manager and HR @ round 1. Was same day, interviewed by another 3 including Director of Opts. And finally GM. Was sent same day for drug testing at Medport facility of JFK airport, and job offered after 2 days.

Interview Question – All questions revolved around information on my resume, and no trick questions . Having worked for Flight catering earlier, few technical questions about ramp safety aspects were touched upon.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None. The benefits are excellent, and best part is that everyone is drug tested and the most stringent background checks, so you know you work with sane people !!!

Safety and Security Supervisor Interview

Safety and Security Supervisor
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at LSG Sky Chefs in August 2013.

Interview Details – I applied for the position online and two weeks later was contacted by the HR Manager who I was to interview with first. The position would report to the HR Manager as well. The interview last a little over one hour and included a tour of the CSC.

Interview Question – Your general interview questions were asked. No big ones were asked that would have thrown me off my game.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Price was non negotiable but the salary and bonus could increase substantially with time.

Safety Supervisor Interview

Safety Supervisor

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at LSG Sky Chefs in August 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online, had a 30 minute phone interview, general quetions about background and my interest in the position. Second interview was face to face and included a tour of the facility. Intreview lasted for an hour, more questions about my background and typical interviewquestions.

Interview Question – Asked me what safety concerns I noticed during my tour of the facility.   Answer Question

Senior Materials Coordinator/Buyer Interview

Senior Materials Coordinator/Buyer
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at LSG Sky Chefs in June 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, easy process to complete.

It took about 4-6 weeks to get a response back from them to schedule the first interview. They called around 8am and I was in the interview at 11:30am. Interviewed with purchasing manager only. The front desk staff was friendly, saw numerous people up and about. No grumbling from employees that I could see.

Interview itself went well. We talked about my experience and the job, and then I was asked a series of very general interview questions, such as tell me about a time when you overcame objections, etc. They said they would be in contact for a second interview if needed. I felt good about the job.

It was 3 weeks later when I decided to call and ask about the status of the position, I talked to the woman whom I interviewed with and she informed me that they would be calling soon to schedule a second interview with her, the GM, and the controller. I was nervous because I thought this would be a group interview. I received the call 4 days later. I was scheduled for 3 days from then, and again had my interview at 11:30am.

2nd interview got down to business right away. I was given a plant tour and was shown where I would be working if I was offered the job. I was then brought upstairs and had to wait about 10 minutes for the GM. I talked with him, he was very professional and serious, but I could tell he would be an excellent GM to work for. He showed little emotion during our quick interview, as most I've been with don't. He only worked off of a resume that I had provided that day. He asked very few questions with no prompt such as tell me your favorite job, why I left my last position, who my favorite boss was, and why. He also asked what my greatest strengths were, and because I self relocated to the area fairly recently, he asked be to prove that I am staying, and I listed that I have a lease on my apartment, am single, like the area, have visited the area before, etc. I then interviewed with the controller, and she was a little more happy-go-lucky in her tone and demeanor. We talked shortly about my experiences and I felt she was just trying to get to know who I was.

I was then offered the position, discussed benefits, and accepted.

Interview Question – The toughest questions had to be the very generic and plain questions in the first interview, but I have always struggled with these questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate the rate of pay, but I knew that I had certain benefits that I wanted. I inquired about them and found that I would be getting Health, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, and STD insurance.

Manager Interview

Manager
Irving, TX

I applied online and interviewed at LSG Sky Chefs.

Interview Details – Long and drawn out. Local site did not want to fill the position (they had fired the previous two individuals, but forced to by Corporate in Irving).

Interview Question – Stand right here in the refrigerator and evaluate what need improvement...and no heads up about appropriate clothing to wear.   Answer Question

Driver Interview

Driver
Boston, MA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at LSG Sky Chefs in September 2012.

Interview Details – Attended a recruitment event with presentation given by HR staff. The following week interviewed with the general manager. Started one week after interview after background check was completed.

Interview Question – The questions were straitforward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is a strict pay structure. No room for negotiation

Very Easy Interview

Dog Interview

Dog
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at LSG Sky Chefs.

Interview Details – These peoples HR Department is disorganized and is the gang that can't shoot straight. Total misinformation and lies.

Negotiation Details – I was desperate to work. Little did I know....

Worked for LSG Sky Chefs? Contribute to the Community!