LSG Sky Chefs Interview Questions

2.8

Food Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA

interviewed at LSG Sky Chefs in October 2014.

I applied online and was emailed a week later to set up a time and date for a phone interview. I immediately responded that the following day would be great but she asked to do it the day after. The day of the interview I waited over a hour before I emailed her (Sr. recruiter) again to ask whether that day is still good for since she never called. I received no response for a few days and decided I would email her again reminding her of myself. She finally responded and set up an interview the following day and once again never called not emailed me. It was a huge waste of time preparing to interview with a SENIOR RECRUITER who lacked all levels of responsibility, courtesy, and accountability. I'm tempted to call HR to notify them that the front of the line person they hired reflects poorly on the company. FYI a I am qualified for the position and did not receive notice from them stating otherwise. So unprofessional of them. I applied for the location in Dulles, VA

Procurement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at LSG Sky Chefs.

The interview was a three step process with a phone and two in person interviews. They wanted to see how you dealt with difficult situations and bringing solutions to the table. The in person reviews were a little tough because of a diverse thought process on correct answer. Luckily I was able to show my resilience in overcoming the dilemma to bring success for the company.

Interview Questions
    • when dealing with autonomous work how did you feel or successfully complete the project?   View Answer
    n/a

Quality Assurance Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at LSG Sky Chefs.

Answer a scripted phone interview question - e.g. availability for work, personal background questions. Then 1 on 1 interview with hiring manager and if you get a tour you most probable to get the job.

Operations Supervisor, August 2009 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at LSG Sky Chefs.

Applied on line, received call from HR manager for in person interview. Department manager and HR @ round 1. Was same day, interviewed by another 3 including Director of Opts. And finally GM. Was sent same day for drug testing at Medport facility of JFK airport, and job offered after 2 days.

Interview Questions
    • All questions revolved around information on my resume, and no trick questions . Having worked for Flight catering earlier, few technical questions about ramp safety aspects were touched upon.   Answer Question
    None. The benefits are excellent, and best part is that everyone is drug tested and the most stringent background checks, so you know you work with sane people !!!

Safety Supervisor Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at LSG Sky Chefs in August 2013.

I applied online, had a 30 minute phone interview, general quetions about background and my interest in the position. Second interview was face to face and included a tour of the facility. Intreview lasted for an hour, more questions about my background and typical interviewquestions.

Interview Questions
    • Asked me what safety concerns I noticed during my tour of the facility.   Answer Question

Safety and Security Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at LSG Sky Chefs in August 2013.

I applied for the position online and two weeks later was contacted by the HR Manager who I was to interview with first. The position would report to the HR Manager as well. The interview last a little over one hour and included a tour of the CSC.

Interview Questions
    • Your general interview questions were asked. No big ones were asked that would have thrown me off my game.   Answer Question
    Price was non negotiable but the salary and bonus could increase substantially with time.

Senior Materials Coordinator/Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at LSG Sky Chefs in June 2013.

Applied online, easy process to complete.

It took about 4-6 weeks to get a response back from them to schedule the first interview. They called around 8am and I was in the interview at 11:30am. Interviewed with purchasing manager only. The front desk staff was friendly, saw numerous people up and about. No grumbling from employees that I could see.

Interview itself went well. We talked about my experience and the job, and then I was asked a series of very general interview questions, such as tell me about a time when you overcame objections, etc. They said they would be in contact for a second interview if needed. I felt good about the job.

It was 3 weeks later when I decided to call and ask about the status of the position, I talked to the woman whom I interviewed with and she informed me that they would be calling soon to schedule a second interview with her, the GM, and the controller. I was nervous because I thought this would be a group interview. I received the call 4 days later. I was scheduled for 3 days from then, and again had my interview at 11:30am.

2nd interview got down to business right away. I was given a plant tour and was shown where I would be working if I was offered the job. I was then brought upstairs and had to wait about 10 minutes for the GM. I talked with him, he was very professional and serious, but I could tell he would be an excellent GM to work for. He showed little emotion during our quick interview, as most I've been with don't. He only worked off of a resume that I had provided that day. He asked very few questions with no prompt such as tell me your favorite job, why I left my last position, who my favorite boss was, and why. He also asked what my greatest strengths were, and because I self relocated to the area fairly recently, he asked be to prove that I am staying, and I listed that I have a lease on my apartment, am single, like the area, have visited the area before, etc. I then interviewed with the controller, and she was a little more happy-go-lucky in her tone and demeanor. We talked shortly about my experiences and I felt she was just trying to get to know who I was.

I was then offered the position, discussed benefits, and accepted.

Interview Questions
    • The toughest questions had to be the very generic and plain questions in the first interview, but I have always struggled with these questions.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate the rate of pay, but I knew that I had certain benefits that I wanted. I inquired about them and found that I would be getting Health, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, and STD insurance.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online – interviewed at LSG Sky Chefs.

Long and drawn out. Local site did not want to fill the position (they had fired the previous two individuals, but forced to by Corporate in Irving).

Interview Questions
    • Stand right here in the refrigerator and evaluate what need improvement...and no heads up about appropriate clothing to wear.   Answer Question

Dog Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at LSG Sky Chefs.

These peoples HR Department is disorganized and is the gang that can't shoot straight. Total misinformation and lies.

I was desperate to work. Little did I know....

Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at LSG Sky Chefs in September 2012.

Attended a recruitment event with presentation given by HR staff. The following week interviewed with the general manager. Started one week after interview after background check was completed.

Interview Questions
    There is a strict pay structure. No room for negotiation