LSG Sky Chefs Interview Questions

Updated May 15, 2015

2.8

Procurement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at LSG Sky Chefs (Irving, TX).

Interview

Pannel interview, everyone very friendly. There were no difficult or intimidating questions, interviewers were mostly looking at how I would relate to them and get a feel for my character; felt very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in an analytical role? What purpose have you analyzed data for?   Answer Question

Line Cook Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at LSG Sky Chefs.

Interview

fill up the application form. exec. chef will ask you about work experiences. ask you about 5 basic sauces and are you a culinary graduate. later, he will accompany you to the kitchen and ask you to prepare a dish for 2 pax. will orient you the kitchen stuff and you will be given time to prepare the food. they will taste it and ask how you prepared it. if you pass, they will give you drug test form in their accredited clinic. after a week, you will go for orientation and present the rate.

Interview Questions

• basic sauces
      how many sides is tourned veg

1 Answer

the rate is low compared to the workload to be assigned.

Interview

Interview process was a complete joke. Pointless meetings, a lot of red tape, I even had my personal property stolen while taking a tour of the facility and they didn't once offer to compensate me for it. That was unbelievable.

Interview Questions

This organization is a wilting flower. Very unprofessional as well.

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at LSG Sky Chefs in December 2014.

Interview

It's been almost a month that I got a phone call from HR for this position. I actually applied more than one position with this company. I only talked to my direct supervisor during the interview. He's been in this industry for 30+ years.

Nothing tricky. A few math questions about inventory planning and lean.

He told me about the job I would have, and walked me through the whole building.

Interview Questions

• He asked a question, which he said it's not pass or fail. Just want to know the person.   Answer Question

Food Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dulles, VA

Application

interviewed at LSG Sky Chefs (Dulles, VA) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was emailed a week later to set up a time and date for a phone interview. I immediately responded that the following day would be great but she asked to do it the day after. The day of the interview I waited over a hour before I emailed her (Sr. recruiter) again to ask whether that day is still good for since she never called. I received no response for a few days and decided I would email her again reminding her of myself. She finally responded and set up an interview the following day and once again never called not emailed me. It was a huge waste of time preparing to interview with a SENIOR RECRUITER who lacked all levels of responsibility, courtesy, and accountability. I'm tempted to call HR to notify them that the front of the line person they hired reflects poorly on the company. FYI a I am qualified for the position and did not receive notice from them stating otherwise. So unprofessional of them. I applied for the location in Dulles, VA

Procurement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at LSG Sky Chefs (Irving, TX).

Interview

The interview was a three step process with a phone and two in person interviews. They wanted to see how you dealt with difficult situations and bringing solutions to the table. The in person reviews were a little tough because of a diverse thought process on correct answer. Luckily I was able to show my resilience in overcoming the dilemma to bring success for the company.

Interview Questions

• when dealing with autonomous work how did you feel or successfully complete the project?   1 Answer

Negotiation

n/a

Quality Assurance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at LSG Sky Chefs.

Interview

Answer a scripted phone interview question - e.g. availability for work, personal background questions. Then 1 on 1 interview with hiring manager and if you get a tour you most probable to get the job.

Operations Supervisor, August 2009 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at LSG Sky Chefs (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied on line, received call from HR manager for in person interview. Department manager and HR @ round 1. Was same day, interviewed by another 3 including Director of Opts. And finally GM. Was sent same day for drug testing at Medport facility of JFK airport, and job offered after 2 days.

Interview Questions

• All questions revolved around information on my resume, and no trick questions . Having worked for Flight catering earlier, few technical questions about ramp safety aspects were touched upon.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None. The benefits are excellent, and best part is that everyone is drug tested and the most stringent background checks, so you know you work with sane people !!!

Safety Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at LSG Sky Chefs in August 2013.

Interview

I applied online, had a 30 minute phone interview, general quetions about background and my interest in the position. Second interview was face to face and included a tour of the facility. Intreview lasted for an hour, more questions about my background and typical interviewquestions.

Interview Questions

• Asked me what safety concerns I noticed during my tour of the facility.   Answer Question

Safety and Security Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at LSG Sky Chefs (Boston, MA) in August 2013.

Interview

I applied for the position online and two weeks later was contacted by the HR Manager who I was to interview with first. The position would report to the HR Manager as well. The interview last a little over one hour and included a tour of the CSC.

Interview Questions

• Your general interview questions were asked. No big ones were asked that would have thrown me off my game.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Price was non negotiable but the salary and bonus could increase substantially with time.