LSI

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Milpitas, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at LSI in January 2014.

Interview Details – Interviewed at their location. Met with director for half an hour. Presented talk on my work for one hour to members of the team, followed by questions on the work. Met with 2 team members at at time, talking to 5-6 pairs throughout the day. Included some telephonic interviews with teams working at different locations. Some technical questions, background material etc. Lots of time to question them about the work.

Interview Question – Question related to extending work.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Colorado Springs, CO

The process took a day - interviewed at LSI in December 2011.

Interview Details – Very quick process. Found the interview to be very easy. Had an offer shortly after the interview.

Interview Question – Tell us about the most challenging project that you ever worked on and how you overcame those challenges.   Answer Question

Longmont, CO

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at LSI in January 2012.

Interview Details – It started with an on campus interview with the hiring manager. This was followed a few weeks later by an interview with other team members. Overall the questions were wide in range and tended to be on the technical side. I really thought it was a good company with a great work environment. However, they stressed that I must have the ability to work about 50 hours per week.

Interview Question – Describe some problems associated with Digital Signal Processing.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I received a better offer from a different company.

Very Difficult Interview

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at LSI in March 2011.

Interview Details – Was interviewed by a variety of people from different disciplines. Several of the interviewers asked vague questions where I had to give multiple answers until I give the exact answer they wanted. One of the interviewers said I was close to the correct answer, but it was something close to what I said. He was wrong. I didn't tell him that because he seemed full of himself.

One area's work was very impressive.

Interview Questions

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at LSI in April 2012.

Interview Details – There was written test and then many on one interview.

Interview Question – Questions about digital electronics and the op amp functionality. Some questions were regarding my project.   Answer Question

Engineer

The process took a day - interviewed at LSI in February 2012.

Interview Details – There was an aptitude test consisting of about 15 questions and a technical test of 15 questions and around 3 subjective questions. The aptitude and technical questions are all basic topics of engineering.
For the interview they mainly stressed on VLSI and Timing Diagrams. The interview panel was so cool and their reception was nice.

Interview Question – Timing analysis of a circuit with clock skew, registers , combinational circuits and feedback involved.   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at LSI in June 2011.

Interview Details – 4 rounds of technical. Basic digital logic question - pattern detection, metastability, freq of operation of a circuit; Verification - Write a testbench; Programming - reverse a string using linked list, detect a loop in a linked list;

Interview Question – Linked list questions   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at LSI in January 2009.

Interview Details – Interview was good. But my domain was not matching there. They were lookign for some spcific domain knowledge. Hence forth I couldn't make it to the position. But I got positive report over the interview. Interviwee doesn't have much experience over the work that I did.

Interview Questions

• Can you explain what is read channel?   View Answer
  • Can you explain what blocks are there in your chip?   View Answer

Engineer

The process took a day - interviewed at LSI in April 2010.

Interview Details – 4 interviewers, all extremely nice people.

Interview Question – sorry I cannot remember   Answer Question

Worked for LSI? Contribute to the Community!