LSI Engineer Interview Questions

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Longmont, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at LSI (Longmont, CO) in January 2012.

Interview

It started with an on campus interview with the hiring manager. This was followed a few weeks later by an interview with other team members. Overall the questions were wide in range and tended to be on the technical side. I really thought it was a good company with a great work environment. However, they stressed that I must have the ability to work about 50 hours per week.

Interview Questions

• Describe some problems associated with Digital Signal Processing.   Answer Question

I received a better offer from a different company.

Other Interview Reviews for LSI

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at LSI (Colorado Springs, CO) in December 2011.

Interview

Very quick process. Found the interview to be very easy. Had an offer shortly after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about the most challenging project that you ever worked on and how you overcame those challenges.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at LSI (Colorado Springs, CO) in March 2011.

Interview

Was interviewed by a variety of people from different disciplines. Several of the interviewers asked vague questions where I had to give multiple answers until I give the exact answer they wanted. One of the interviewers said I was close to the correct answer, but it was something close to what I said. He was wrong. I didn't tell him that because he seemed full of himself.

One area's work was very impressive.

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at LSI (Bangalore (India)) in April 2012.

Interview

There was written test and then many on one interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions about digital electronics and the op amp functionality. Some questions were regarding my project.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at LSI in February 2012.

Interview

There was an aptitude test consisting of about 15 questions and a technical test of 15 questions and around 3 subjective questions. The aptitude and technical questions are all basic topics of engineering.
    For the interview they mainly stressed on VLSI and Timing Diagrams. The interview panel was so cool and their reception was nice.

Interview Questions

• Timing analysis of a circuit with clock skew, registers , combinational circuits and feedback involved.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at LSI (Bangalore (India)) in June 2011.

Interview

4 rounds of technical. Basic digital logic question - pattern detection, metastability, freq of operation of a circuit; Verification - Write a testbench; Programming - reverse a string using linked list, detect a loop in a linked list;

Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at LSI in April 2010.

Interview

4 interviewers, all extremely nice people.

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at LSI (Bangalore (India)) in January 2009.

Interview

Interview was good. But my domain was not matching there. They were lookign for some spcific domain knowledge. Hence forth I couldn't make it to the position. But I got positive report over the interview. Interviwee doesn't have much experience over the work that I did.

Interview Questions

• Can you explain what is read channel?   1 Answer
    • Can you explain what blocks are there in your chip?   1 Answer