LSI

3.2

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at LSI in January 2014.

Interviewed at their location. Met with director for half an hour. Presented talk on my work for one hour to members of the team, followed by questions on the work. Met with 2 team members at at time, talking to 5-6 pairs throughout the day. Included some telephonic interviews with teams working at different locations. Some technical questions, background material etc. Lots of time to question them about the work.

Other Interview Reviews for LSI

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longmont, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longmont, CO

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at LSI in January 2012.

It started with an on campus interview with the hiring manager. This was followed a few weeks later by an interview with other team members. Overall the questions were wide in range and tended to be on the technical side. I really thought it was a good company with a great work environment. However, they stressed that I must have the ability to work about 50 hours per week.

Interview Questions
    • Describe some problems associated with Digital Signal Processing.   Answer Question

I received a better offer from a different company.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

The process took a dayinterviewed at LSI in December 2011.

Very quick process. Found the interview to be very easy. Had an offer shortly after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about the most challenging project that you ever worked on and how you overcame those challenges.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at LSI in March 2011.

Was interviewed by a variety of people from different disciplines. Several of the interviewers asked vague questions where I had to give multiple answers until I give the exact answer they wanted. One of the interviewers said I was close to the correct answer, but it was something close to what I said. He was wrong. I didn't tell him that because he seemed full of himself.

One area's work was very impressive.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at LSI in April 2012.

There was written test and then many on one interview.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about digital electronics and the op amp functionality. Some questions were regarding my project.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at LSI in February 2012.

There was an aptitude test consisting of about 15 questions and a technical test of 15 questions and around 3 subjective questions. The aptitude and technical questions are all basic topics of engineering.
    For the interview they mainly stressed on VLSI and Timing Diagrams. The interview panel was so cool and their reception was nice.

Interview Questions
    • Timing analysis of a circuit with clock skew, registers , combinational circuits and feedback involved.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at LSI in June 2011.

4 rounds of technical. Basic digital logic question - pattern detection, metastability, freq of operation of a circuit; Verification - Write a testbench; Programming - reverse a string using linked list, detect a loop in a linked list;

Engineer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at LSI in April 2010.

4 interviewers, all extremely nice people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at LSI in January 2009.

Interview was good. But my domain was not matching there. They were lookign for some spcific domain knowledge. Hence forth I couldn't make it to the position. But I got positive report over the interview. Interviwee doesn't have much experience over the work that I did.

Interview Questions
    • Can you explain what is read channel?   View Answer
    • Can you explain what blocks are there in your chip?   View Answer