LSI Interview Questions & Reviews

118 interviews

Firmware Development Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at LSI in December 2012.

The hiring process took upto a month. Starting with a phone interview which was fairly technical and about the resume. The interviewer even suggested topics that I could focus on for the onsite interview. The onsite interview consisted of a panel of 6 people interviewing back to back. The first person is the manager that you would eventually report to. My manager eased me into the process. To be honest the anxious me kinda calmed down after speaking with him. The next two started out with my resume and tailored their questions based on the stuff listed on my resume. I was asked to write a pseudo code for implementing a linked-list, what bit operation can be used to encrypt and restore data (xor). The next two grilled me on C specific questions. The last one also focused on my resume. I also had with me write-ups of projects that I had worked on in school so he was interested in going through my writing technical writing skills. I heard back from them with an offer within a week.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to talk about branch prediction. I thought I'd never be asked comp arch concepts based questions. But then again has a project on branch prediction listed on my resume.   Answer Question
    It was my first full time job and my first ever real interview so I did not negotiate much.

Architecture Interview

The process took 1 week - interviewed at LSI.

I received 3 rounds of phone interview. They asked me some questions on my resume and also some technical problems related to my future work.
    Most questions are not difficult.

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at LSI in May 2012.

Recruiter contacted me. Four phone screens with peers and managers. All day, seven person, live interviews in Colorado Springs after two weeks. Hired within 35 days of initial contact. Rejected initial offers. Eventually, 10k higher.

Interview Questions
    Negotiate hard! I was able to increase salary, stock and bonus.

Senior ASIC Design Engineer Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at LSI.

Phone screening: 1- background of the overall business unit technical areas; specific group objectives and deliverables; 2- candidate background, potential job fit, differences to overcome.
    In Person: Mainly technical interview. Long time with each interviewer. Candidate background, resume based questions, explanations. Technical questions, mainly on scenarios with good amount of time for working out solutions. Very friendly, throughout. Focus on getting the candidate to the best of his/her abilities.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected: Depth of a couple of technical questions in terms of layers of complexities. With every solution, a wrinkle is added. Real problems are complex, and some times not in the field of candidates background.   Answer Question

College Intern Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at LSI.

Had two phone interviews. Asked very general questions about past experience - technical knowledge etc.

Interview Questions
    • What is the biggest challenge you've faced and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Software Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at LSI in July 2013.

I Applied online and got a phone call to setup a phone interview a couple weeks later. The phone interview lasted for an hour. Mostly behavioral questions (non-technical). I was told I passed the first interview round with flying colors and their were several other interviews to go with different people. I was told to expect a phone call to set up the other interviews. It was all positive up until this point. I have never heard back from this company to this day. I sent one follow-up email a week for three or four weeks to the guy I initially interviewed with and never got a response. The first interview went so well that I am left baffled by this company's very unprofessional actions. At least have the professionalism to send me some kind of correspondence letting me know something...anything! To just drop off the face of the earth and never respond the way they did was just wrong in my opinion.

IC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Steamboat Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Steamboat Springs, CO

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at LSI in August 2010.

Had 2 phone interviews followed by a day long onsite interview. The questions were mostly technical with a lot of design and verification focus

Hardware Design Intern Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at LSI in July 2013.

Got a call from the HR and an on-site interview was scheduled immediately in a week. Interview process was very smooth. They explained about their product and what would be expected of me. The interviewers were very polite.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about cross clock domain and synchronization techniques.   Answer Question
    No negotiation as it was exactly what I was looking for.

Senior Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rochester, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, MN

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at LSI in April 2013.

After submitting my resume I received a call from the hiring manager 3 days later. We talked on the phone for about 30 mins at which point I was asked to come for an on-site interview the following day which was on a Friday. The interview last for half a day and consisted of 4 roughly 30 minute interviews with members of the team. Following that I spent an hour with the hiring manager, that was it. The following Monday I had an email from the HR department asking when I was available to talk with an HR representative. The following day I was offered a position by the HR representative. From resume submission to offer was only 9 days.

Interview Questions
    • I was not asked any difficult questions that I was unable to answer.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate directly with the HR representative. But coming from my previous job this offer was so good I didn't really negotiate for anything additional.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Milpitas, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at LSI in January 2014.

Interviewed at their location. Met with director for half an hour. Presented talk on my work for one hour to members of the team, followed by questions on the work. Met with 2 team members at at time, talking to 5-6 pairs throughout the day. Included some telephonic interviews with teams working at different locations. Some technical questions, background material etc. Lots of time to question them about the work.

Interview Questions

Worked for LSI? Contribute to the Community!