LSI Interview Questions

Updated Jan 22, 2015
Updated Jan 22, 2015

Intern Interview

Interview

I was interviewed for RTL Design intern position at LSI. The interview went well. Questions were related to digital electronics, FIFO design , FSM design, VLSI. Major focus of the interview was undergrad projects that i had done. The interviewer was very well behaved and he gave me time to understand and respond to questions.

PM Interview

Interview

Good. Went through a number of interviews and they chose to move forward with me based on my experience and credentials. This opportunity was a great chance for me to learn the mtg industry and further my career options down the road.

Architecture Interview

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at LSI.

Interview

I received 3 rounds of phone interview. They asked me some questions on my resume and also some technical problems related to my future work.
    Most questions are not difficult.

Senior ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at LSI.

Interview

Phone screening: 1- background of the overall business unit technical areas; specific group objectives and deliverables; 2- candidate background, potential job fit, differences to overcome.
    In Person: Mainly technical interview. Long time with each interviewer. Candidate background, resume based questions, explanations. Technical questions, mainly on scenarios with good amount of time for working out solutions. Very friendly, throughout. Focus on getting the candidate to the best of his/her abilities.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected: Depth of a couple of technical questions in terms of layers of complexities. With every solution, a wrinkle is added. Real problems are complex, and some times not in the field of candidates background.   Answer Question

College Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at LSI.

Interview

Had two phone interviews. Asked very general questions about past experience - technical knowledge etc.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest challenge you've faced and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at LSI.

Interview

FSM
    Asynchronous FIFO
    Synchronizing circuit
    MCP constraints
    setup/hold time violation

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at LSI.

Interview

I applied for the job through Employee referral. I got a phone call directly from the HR asking for 3 time preferences. I got an email confirmation of the on-site interview. Manager and other team members were seated in a room. Everyone asked me about my past working experience, why I am looking to join LSI...pretty standard questions..nothing technical. The manager explained to me the duties of the job I was being interviewed for. He showed me around the office and took us all for lunch at the cafeteria and again had 1 hour interview with the Manager after the lunch. Again, the interview was not technical...it was to get more information about my educational and professional background and whether I will be a goof fit fr the job.

Interview Questions

• Was asked about the Model view controller architecture in .net   Answer Question

Project Trainee Interview

Interview

HR will give a phone call for announcing interview process and date and also she/he will send a JD .

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at LSI.

Interview

On campus recruitment drive.
    A written test containing questions on C (inclined towards Embedded scenarios), Operating Systems basics, and some really good puzzles.

Interview Questions

• No such unexpected question. Some good questions on C, Linux drivers, followed by some puzzles!   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation since the position was for an intern/trainee.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at LSI (Milpitas, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Interviewed at their location. Met with director for half an hour. Presented talk on my work for one hour to members of the team, followed by questions on the work. Met with 2 team members at at time, talking to 5-6 pairs throughout the day. Included some telephonic interviews with teams working at different locations. Some technical questions, background material etc. Lots of time to question them about the work.