LSI

Average Difficulty
117 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at LSI

Interview Details – I met the recruiter on career fair. They gave me an on campus interview on the next day, and we had a 30 min talk. Mostly it is a behavior one, just a little technical.

Interview Question – What's volatile key word in C++   Answer Question

Senior Manager Marketing Interview

Senior Manager Marketing
Milpitas, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at LSI in April 2013.

Interview Details – Culture seemed collaborative and low key...relaxed. Interviewed with 3 levels of management and all seemed positive about the environment, leadership and company.

Interview Question – It appears you could do the job of the hiring manager...   View Answer

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Technical Support Engineer
Wichita, KS

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at LSI in February 2009.

Interview Details – Interview was normal for technical position.

Interview Question – None really. Maybe your most difficult accomplishment in past jobs.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Was using a head hunter and he got me a bit more money but I was very underpaid but needed the job.

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at LSI in February 2012.

Interview Details – Phone screen interview, then interview with about 4 members of the marketing team. It helps if you know someone there. They are very unorganized and unfocused, not knowing exactly what they need in their team.

Interview Question – Do you know how to create PPT slides? I thought that was odd - of course I do. Well, you better know how because there is a TON of reporting - all done through PPT.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They don't negotiate.

Firmware Engineer Interview

Firmware Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at LSI in January 2013.

Interview Details – Two rounds of phone screenings, followed by on-site interviews. The on-site interview process consisted of a an intro by the HR, followed by technical interviews by engineers and managers. You are expected to be an expert C programmer (you should know difference between static and non-static objects, stack and heap allocation, things like "volatile"), and an expert in firmware and device drivers. Storage experience (SCSI, RAID) helps.

Interview Question – A question about cache coherence protocols.   View Answer

Intern Verification Interview

Intern Verification
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at LSI in March 2013.

Interview Details – The hire manager call me to interview. The interview is pretty easy,. it starts with my resume.
He asked every one of it., After that, he ask couple of question. Like the power, verilog coding, and set-up and hold time, also the synchronicity . On the same day, he invite me to a
lunch.

Interview Question – most about my resume   Answer Question

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

ASIC Design Engineer
Mendota Heights, MN

I applied online - interviewed at LSI in July 2009.

Interview Details – Telephone Interview followed by on-site interview

Interview Question – Lot of Timing Questions and Digital Design Questions   Answer Question

Administratrive Assistant Interview

Administratrive Assistant
Allentown, PA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at LSI in November 2012.

Interview Details – The job description as advertised and described during the interview was vastly different than reality. The real job was about 75% more difficult.

Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at LSI in April 2012.

Interview Details – made a 45 min telephone interview followed by an onsite interview. Pretty basic questions during phone interview (static, volatile, OS concepts, interrupts, linked list basics, arrays, ex tern, memory alignment, how can you realize weather the stack is increasing upward or decreasing downward)

Interview Question – implement malloc without using any system call.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Milpitas, CA

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at LSI in April 2010.

Interview Details – I received an email to come in for an interview. The process to me seemed very casual as I had to talk to a regular employee as well as the manager. You get an introduction to what the company is about and a walk through the company.