LSI Interview Questions

Updated Jan 22, 2015

Administratrive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at LSI (Allentown, PA) in November 2012.

Interview

The job description as advertised and described during the interview was vastly different than reality. The real job was about 75% more difficult.

Senior Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at LSI (Milpitas, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Have met 4 people, director, team manager, two engineers peers (one senior architect, one senior in detail technical)

Interview Questions

• 5 years down the road what you see your career in the future.
      Where did you hear this opportunity?

Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeksinterviewed at LSI in September 2012.

Interview

Hiring process took over 5 weeks with 16 interview. I spoke with every team member plus executive staff plus managers from other divisions. Be aware that of the date cutoff's LSI uses for Salary, bonus, vacations etc... There is no flexibility once a date has been past

Interview Questions

• It was the same interview 16 times, there was no mystery in what they were looking for   Answer Question

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at LSI (Colorado Springs, CO) in May 2012.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me. Four phone screens with peers and managers. All day, seven person, live interviews in Colorado Springs after two weeks. Hired within 35 days of initial contact. Rejected initial offers. Eventually, 10k higher.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiate hard! I was able to increase salary, stock and bonus.

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at LSI (Milpitas, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

recommended by a friend. Invited for an onsite interview. Since I am from the area, the interview could be done over one afternoon. Did not have to travel from another location.

Interview consisted of an initial presentation followed by one on one interviews with 5-6 engineers/manager. Most of the questions were work related. Also, some discussion to figure out if I will be a good fit in the team.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Initial offer was quite competitive. Not much room for negotiations

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at LSI (Milpitas, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

The questions are focused on the resume about my research experience and course projects, and some very fundamental digital design questions, like setup/hold time violation, verilog coding. I met 4 ppl there and each of them spent 30 mins.

Interview Questions

• How to realize a communication between different time domain?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at LSI (Colorado Springs, CO) in April 2012.

Interview

made a 45 min telephone interview followed by an onsite interview. Pretty basic questions during phone interview (static, volatile, OS concepts, interrupts, linked list basics, arrays, ex tern, memory alignment, how can you realize weather the stack is increasing upward or decreasing downward)

Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at LSI (Atlanta, GA) in March 2012.

Interview

Initially it was a telephonic interview. I was contacted two weeks after the first interview for an onsite. The telephonic interview consisted of questions from C. Pointers, arrays and structures and bit manipulation. After that was an onsite interview, It was a really long process. Started at 9:30 am and finished at 5:30 in the evening. It was a lot more in detail. Pointers, arrays, structures, unions. Bit manipulation, assembly language, embedded and real time systems were part of the interview.

Interview Questions

• how do u pass Variable number of arguments in C?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at LSI (Milpitas, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

The interview process went really smooth. I came in and did one-on-one interviews the first day. The interviewers stayed on schedule and didn't make me wait. The office was not too impressive but good thing the company in Milpitas is getting a new building and moving to a better one in San Jose.

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate but didn't because I was okay with what they offered.

Principal Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at LSI (San Jose, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

2 tier interview process: phone, in person hiring manager, followed by department manager. Intense interview, not very technical.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Take it or leave it.