LSI Interview Questions in San Jose, CA

2.9

Senior Manager Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at LSI (Milpitas, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Culture seemed collaborative and low key...relaxed. Interviewed with 3 levels of management and all seemed positive about the environment, leadership and company.

Interview Questions

• It appears you could do the job of the hiring manager...   1 Answer

Intern Verification Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at LSI (San Jose, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

The hire manager call me to interview. The interview is pretty easy,. it starts with my resume. He asked every one of it., After that, he ask couple of question. Like the power, verilog coding, and set-up and hold time, also the synchronicity . On the same day, he invite me to a lunch.

Senior Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at LSI (Milpitas, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Have met 4 people, director, team manager, two engineers peers (one senior architect, one senior in detail technical)

Interview Questions

• 5 years down the road what you see your career in the future. Where did you hear this opportunity?   Answer Question

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at LSI (Milpitas, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

The questions are focused on the resume about my research experience and course projects, and some very fundamental digital design questions, like setup/hold time violation, verilog coding. I met 4 ppl there and each of them spent 30 mins.

Interview Questions

• How to realize a communication between different time domain?   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at LSI (Milpitas, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

recommended by a friend. Invited for an onsite interview. Since I am from the area, the interview could be done over one afternoon. Did not have to travel from another location. Interview consisted of an initial presentation followed by one on one interviews with 5-6 engineers/manager. Most of the questions were work related. Also, some discussion to figure out if I will be a good fit in the team.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Initial offer was quite competitive. Not much room for negotiations

Principal Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at LSI (San Jose, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

2 tier interview process: phone, in person hiring manager, followed by department manager. Intense interview, not very technical.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at LSI (Milpitas, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

The interview process went really smooth. I came in and did one-on-one interviews the first day. The interviewers stayed on schedule and didn't make me wait. The office was not too impressive but good thing the company in Milpitas is getting a new building and moving to a better one in San Jose.

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate but didn't because I was okay with what they offered.

Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at LSI (Milpitas, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

It started with recruiter scheduling phone interview which consisted of some questions on C programming and coding tasks to be done via screen sharing mostly- stress on linked lists . Being a person not knowing about storage my interview mostly relied upon C programming as they needed some one with strong C skills Followed with onsite interview.. must say the arrangement was wonderful. It consisted of 4 1:1 interview with different levels of SEs and lunch interview with the Manager . Realized how can people test you just on C still with such variety of questions , it was good experience at the end

Interview Questions

• how could memory non-alignment affect the memory operations how to solve it ?   Answer Question
    • write programs to add ,subtract a node or find the nth node from last of linked list ?   Answer Question
    • question related to registering and time stamping memory as nodes for memory management   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at LSI (Milpitas, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

There was an initial telephonic screening. Then there was 1:1 interview with the Hiring Manager which was more of a run through the Team and Company details. Later it was a panel interview which was more of a discussion than question and answers. That part was really great for a recent college graduate. The final offer took time as executive leadership was on tour and they could have been more attentive and quick in closing the offer process

Negotiation

There was a good amount of negotiation about the joining bonus, The final outcome was neutral with 50% acceptance.

Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at LSI (Milpitas, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

I applied for a firmware engineer position in their RAID controller department, through their career website. They contacted me in about 2-3 weeks . Phone interview was fairly easy and straight forward. Questions about my current job and some questions on C ( volatile, interrupts etc ) and also on Cache management ( write through/ write back, Non cacheable memory etc) . At the end of it the interviewer was convinced enough to invite me for an in person interview at their site in Milpitas , CA. The onsite interview was from 10 am to 4.30 , with about 6 people ( all Indian ). Only a little interest was shown by most interviewers on my current work experience . Most of the interview was on coding in C and on algorithms. The topic range was also very wide and in some cases very specific to the work that they do . Most of the questions were on pointers ( function pointers , call back ptrs , pointer to const , volatile pointer, wild pointer etc ) and data structures ( Link list - delete a node, reverse , find Nth node, find middle , find loop etc. and Trees - I have not worked much on hierarchical data and so could not answer that ). Also questions on dynamic memory management ( prototype of malloc, free ) , sorting algorithms , code compile process ( linker, assembler, compiler ) , RTOS concepts ( scheduling, interrupts , cooperative,preemptive etc ) . There were also questions on string manipulation generic functions in C ( sprintf, strcmp etc ). The easy ones were questions on bit operations ( set ,clear, XOR ) , use of bit fields , storage classes in C , SAS protocol ( which I have experience in ) , inline functions versus macros ,enum , about tools I use at my current job ( emulators ( diff between onchip/ soft breakpoints) , analyzers etc ) . I was able to answer a lot of those . But, I guess they required some one with even more experience in coding ( which they had not mentioned in the job description ) . I personally think that I was a bit unlucky here that I got a tough panel . My advice to fellow job seekers would be to study the areas mentioned here and you should be able to land the offer. My impressions on the company were not that great. Office building and the cubicles/offices inside looked a bit old . I have to agree with another reviewer in this forum that I felt like the company did not have enough cash flow for all these little things that go a long away in affecting employee morale. Also , this view point is limited to the building I visited. I heard that the other locations outside CA are a bit better off and have a better work/life balance and company culture. Also the demographics was overwhelmingly Indian, as admitted jokingly by the hiring manager who was also one. And yes I am one too. I guess that is true for most bay area companies.

Interview Questions

• Questions on prototype of dynamic memory management functions like malloc and free in C. Issues that can occur ( fragmentation , memory leak etc ). And use of static and auto variables in this context.   Answer Question