LSI

Updated Sep 13, 2014

2.9

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at LSI in January 2014.

Interviewed at their location. Met with director for half an hour. Presented talk on my work for one hour to members of the team, followed by questions on the work. Met with 2 team members at at time, talking to 5-6 pairs throughout the day. Included some telephonic interviews with teams working at different locations. Some technical questions, background material etc. Lots of time to question them about the work.

Senior Manager Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at LSI in April 2013.

Culture seemed collaborative and low key...relaxed. Interviewed with 3 levels of management and all seemed positive about the environment, leadership and company.

Interview Questions
    • It appears you could do the job of the hiring manager...   View Answer

Intern Verification Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at LSI in March 2013.

The hire manager call me to interview. The interview is pretty easy,. it starts with my resume.
    He asked every one of it., After that, he ask couple of question. Like the power, verilog coding, and set-up and hold time, also the synchronicity . On the same day, he invite me to a
    lunch.

Senior Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at LSI in October 2012.

Have met 4 people, director, team manager, two engineers peers (one senior architect, one senior in detail technical)

Interview Questions
    • 5 years down the road what you see your career in the future.
      Where did you hear this opportunity?

Answer Question

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at LSI in April 2012.

The questions are focused on the resume about my research experience and course projects, and some very fundamental digital design questions, like setup/hold time violation, verilog coding. I met 4 ppl there and each of them spent 30 mins.

Interview Questions
    • How to realize a communication between different time domain?   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at LSI in April 2012.

recommended by a friend. Invited for an onsite interview. Since I am from the area, the interview could be done over one afternoon. Did not have to travel from another location.

Interview consisted of an initial presentation followed by one on one interviews with 5-6 engineers/manager. Most of the questions were work related. Also, some discussion to figure out if I will be a good fit in the team.

Interview Questions
    Initial offer was quite competitive. Not much room for negotiations

Principal Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at LSI in March 2012.

2 tier interview process: phone, in person hiring manager, followed by department manager. Intense interview, not very technical.

Take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at LSI in March 2012.

The interview process went really smooth. I came in and did one-on-one interviews the first day. The interviewers stayed on schedule and didn't make me wait. The office was not too impressive but good thing the company in Milpitas is getting a new building and moving to a better one in San Jose.

I was able to negotiate but didn't because I was okay with what they offered.

Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at LSI in December 2011.

It started with recruiter scheduling phone interview which consisted of some questions on C programming and coding tasks to be done via screen sharing mostly- stress on linked lists . Being a person not knowing about storage my interview mostly relied upon C programming as they needed some one with strong C skills
    Followed with onsite interview.. must say the arrangement was wonderful. It consisted of 4 1:1 interview with different levels of SEs and lunch interview with the Manager . Realized how can people test you just on C still with such variety of questions , it was good experience at the end

Interview Questions
    • how could memory non-alignment affect the memory operations how to solve it ?   Answer Question
    • write programs to add ,subtract a node or find the nth node from last of linked list ?   Answer Question
    • question related to registering and time stamping memory as nodes for memory management   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at LSI in August 2011.

There was an initial telephonic screening. Then there was 1:1 interview with the Hiring Manager which was more of a run through the Team and Company details. Later it was a panel interview which was more of a discussion than question and answers. That part was really great for a recent college graduate. The final offer took time as executive leadership was on tour and they could have been more attentive and quick in closing the offer process

There was a good amount of negotiation about the joining bonus, The final outcome was neutral with 50% acceptance.