LSU

2.5

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at LSU.

I had submitted my resume by email to the professor who was looking for a graduate student, he called me, asked a few questions related to my bachelors degree., talked a bit about the project he has and what the expectations are. I was interested in the project. Then he told me if I score well in the TOEFL and GRE tests he would take me. So I had to take those tests, did OK. After that was just paperwork and visa interview.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult questions. Just general questions, classes taken during undergrad, grades, lab experience if any.   Answer Question
    As long as the TOEFL and GRE scores are what the department asks for, should be alright.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at LSU in August 2013.

Offered the position by chair of department. Was asked what type of class I would like to "TA" for. Asked about any special areas I felt I was specifically skilled in. Asked about prior experience in teaching/ grading papers and exams. Showed the lab I would be working and and given some pointers on how to perform.

Postdoctoral Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at LSU in March 2013.

Applied for the job and got an invitation for the interview in march 2013. Interview was basically a presentation in front of dept audience along with meetings with faculties.They provided housing and everything. Overall, I had a good experience with the interview. Moreover, professor told me his interest right after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was very difficult during the interview process   Answer Question

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at LSU in February 2013.

There was an informal phone interview, followed by an on campus interview. The interviews did not provide an accurate picture of what the job would be.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about finance laws, which had nothing to do with my job description.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at LSU in August 2012.

walked up to the office and was granted an interview

none

IT Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at LSU in May 2012.

Simple and straight foward

Interview Questions
    • How would you react to a question you did not know the answer to and how would you approach finding the correct answer?   Answer Question
    No negotiation since it is a state job.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at LSU in March 2012.

Basically, you need to have the grades to get accepted to graduate school. Once accepted, you choose a major professor in your field. Apply for graduate assistant and work on your thesis studies. Basically, you need to have the grades to get accepted to graduate school. Once accepted, you choose a major professor in your field. Apply for graduate assistant and work on your thesis studies.

Interview Questions
    • Basically, you need to have the grades to get accepted to graduate school. Once accepted, you choose a major professor in your field. Apply for graduate assistant and work on your thesis studies.   Answer Question

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at LSU in May 2011.

I applied online at their careers website and was then contacted by email giving me a number to call to set up a phone interview. I then had the phone interview with 3 managers of the department and it went well. A few days later I was asked to go in for an in-person interview with the same 3 people. They were extremely nice, personable and made me feel very relaxed in what could have been a stressful situation. I was then given a very short test and shown the facility. Unfortunately, they went with someone else, but the experience made me even more convinced that LSU is a place I want to work. Great people, beautiful campus, some of the best benefits you'll find anywhere.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to be hired for this position?   View Answer
    • Here is a list of network terminology. What do they each mean?   View Answer

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

The process took a dayinterviewed at LSU in May 2010.

caught an early flight in, interviewed with professors and PhD students, went to lunch with the Department Head and Chair of the PhD Committee then caught an evening flight home. Had an offer in hand before I left.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to do this? What area of research are you most interested in?   View Answer
    N/A

Undergraudatie Program Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

The process took a dayinterviewed at LSU in April 2010.

applied online through LSU HR, took a month before I was contacted by email for an interview. Was interviewed by 4 other program advisors and was asked a variety of questions including "Would you do anything differently in College" , "Is there anything esle we should know about you?"

Interview Questions
    • If we asked you to recruit undergraduate students somewhere far away say Michiagan, what would you do?   Answer Question