LSU

Average Difficulty
16 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Baton Rouge, LA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at LSU in February 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online, and got a call for interview. They asked my research interests and my former work experience. After two or three weeks, got an email for offer.

Interview Question – Well-prepared, so no unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Student Interview

Student
Baton Rouge, LA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at LSU in August 2012.

Interview Details – walked up to the office and was granted an interview

Interview Question – can you start work today?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Baton Rouge, LA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at LSU.

Interview Details – I had submitted my resume by email to the professor who was looking for a graduate student, he called me, asked a few questions related to my bachelors degree., talked a bit about the project he has and what the expectations are. I was interested in the project. Then he told me if I score well in the TOEFL and GRE tests he would take me. So I had to take those tests, did OK. After that was just paperwork and visa interview.

Interview Question – There weren't any difficult questions. Just general questions, classes taken during undergrad, grades, lab experience if any.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – As long as the TOEFL and GRE scores are what the department asks for, should be alright.

IT Analyst I Interview

IT Analyst I
Baton Rouge, LA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at LSU in May 2012.

Interview Details – Simple and straight foward

Interview Question – How would you react to a question you did not know the answer to and how would you approach finding the correct answer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation since it is a state job.

Very Easy Interview

Teaching Assistant Interview

Teaching Assistant
Baton Rouge, LA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at LSU in August 2013.

Interview Details – Offered the position by chair of department. Was asked what type of class I would like to "TA" for. Asked about any special areas I felt I was specifically skilled in. Asked about prior experience in teaching/ grading papers and exams. Showed the lab I would be working and and given some pointers on how to perform.

Interview Question – What area I was most familiar with.   Answer Question

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Administrative Coordinator
Baton Rouge, LA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at LSU in February 2013.

Interview Details – There was an informal phone interview, followed by an on campus interview. The interviews did not provide an accurate picture of what the job would be.

Interview Question – I was asked about finance laws, which had nothing to do with my job description.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Baton Rouge, LA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at LSU in March 2012.

Interview Details – Basically, you need to have the grades to get accepted to graduate school. Once accepted, you choose a major professor in your field. Apply for graduate assistant and work on your thesis studies. Basically, you need to have the grades to get accepted to graduate school. Once accepted, you choose a major professor in your field. Apply for graduate assistant and work on your thesis studies.

Interview Question – Basically, you need to have the grades to get accepted to graduate school. Once accepted, you choose a major professor in your field. Apply for graduate assistant and work on your thesis studies.   Answer Question

Math Tutor Interview

Math Tutor
Baton Rouge, LA

The process took a day - interviewed at LSU in August 2009.

Interview Details – You'll meet with the Tutor Supervisor and she/he will interview you on your skills to become a tutor. They'll ask if you are sensitive to teaching and providing for people academic needs. Then, they will test you on a few mathematics question to see if you are up for the job. After the interview process and you accept the job, you'll have to go through a rigorous series of questions/quizzes to pass in order to start your job.

Interview Questions

PhD Student Interview

PhD Student
Baton Rouge, LA

The process took a day - interviewed at LSU in May 2010.

Interview Details – caught an early flight in, interviewed with professors and PhD students, went to lunch with the Department Head and Chair of the PhD Committee then caught an evening flight home. Had an offer in hand before I left.

Interview Question – Why do you want to do this? What area of research are you most interested in?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – N/A

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Baton Rouge, LA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at LSU in March 2010.

Interview Details –

Interview Question – how did use your technical knowledge to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details –

Worked for LSU? Contribute to the Community!