LSU Interview Questions in Baton Rouge, LA

Updated Aug 21, 2015

2.5

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at LSU (Baton Rouge, LA).

Interview

First a telephone interview, then flown out for in-person interviews with group panel and department heads and lunch. Slightly delayed process due to university holidays. Later participated in multiple interview processes that involved the entire department, seeking the right fit for each position.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a question from someone you were having trouble understanding?   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LSU (Baton Rouge, LA) in May 2015.

Interview

Th interview process for LSU involved a group interview with the leadership of the department I applied for. Each panel member read from the same sheet and asked behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with software related to fundraising used on this campus?   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator UREC Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at LSU (Baton Rouge, LA) in May 2015.

Interview

The initial interview was over Skype to a committee of 7 people. They asked questions one and at time then all stared and jotted down things you said. They told me they would follow up the next week regardless if I received I was moving on or not but I never heard from them.

Interview Questions

• Describe a week long marketing plan for an even this weekend.   Answer Question

GA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LSU (Baton Rouge, LA) in June 2014.

Interview

It was a long tedious process to submit all materials needed. Asked if needed assistantship and was formally introduced to all staff and faculty. Felt very comfortable and at home.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Application

Interview

I had submitted my resume by email to the professor who was looking for a graduate student, he called me, asked a few questions related to my bachelors degree., talked a bit about the project he has and what the expectations are. I was interested in the project. Then he told me if I score well in the TOEFL and GRE tests he would take me. So I had to take those tests, did OK. After that was just paperwork and visa interview.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any difficult questions. Just general questions, classes taken during undergrad, grades, lab experience if any.   Answer Question

Negotiation

As long as the TOEFL and GRE scores are what the department asks for, should be alright.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LSU (Baton Rouge, LA) in August 2013.

Interview

Offered the position by chair of department. Was asked what type of class I would like to "TA" for. Asked about any special areas I felt I was specifically skilled in. Asked about prior experience in teaching/ grading papers and exams. Showed the lab I would be working and and given some pointers on how to perform.

Student Worker (Library) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at LSU (Baton Rouge, LA) in May 2013.

Interview

Very brief. There was a phone call to set up the interview. We met in the supervisor's office for a very brief interview. Because this was a simple job, she explained that the pay would be minimum wage, but that there was ample free time to work on your own projects if all of the work tasks for the day had been completed. There were a few questions about my skills listed on my resume and then the interviewer posed different customer service encounters and emergency situations and asked how I would handle them without having had training yet.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked me to verify the computer skills on my resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no room for negotiation. The wage is set by the Library at minimum. Be sure to ask about raises for continued employment if you intend on working there beyond one semester.

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LSU (Baton Rouge, LA) in April 2013.

Interview

I called my potential employer. He had mentioned in his class that he would have a few openings in his lab in a few months. He asked me to email him his resume so he could have it on file. He knew me pretty well so no interview was necessary.

Interview Questions

• Can you email me your resume?   1 Answer

Postdoctoral Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at LSU (Baton Rouge, LA) in March 2013.

Interview

Applied for the job and got an invitation for the interview in march 2013. Interview was basically a presentation in front of dept audience along with meetings with faculties.They provided housing and everything. Overall, I had a good experience with the interview. Moreover, professor told me his interest right after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was very difficult during the interview process   Answer Question

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at LSU (Baton Rouge, LA) in February 2013.

Interview

There was an informal phone interview, followed by an on campus interview. The interviews did not provide an accurate picture of what the job would be.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about finance laws, which had nothing to do with my job description.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.