LSU

Updated Nov 17, 2014
Updated Nov 17, 2014

2.5

Research Assistant Interview

Ask some experience questions, transcript, and provide the offer.

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at LSU in February 2013.

There was an informal phone interview, followed by an on campus interview. The interviews did not provide an accurate picture of what the job would be.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about finance laws, which had nothing to do with my job description.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at LSU in August 2012.

walked up to the office and was granted an interview

none

IT Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at LSU in May 2012.

Simple and straight foward

Interview Questions
    • How would you react to a question you did not know the answer to and how would you approach finding the correct answer?   Answer Question
    No negotiation since it is a state job.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at LSU in March 2012.

Basically, you need to have the grades to get accepted to graduate school. Once accepted, you choose a major professor in your field. Apply for graduate assistant and work on your thesis studies. Basically, you need to have the grades to get accepted to graduate school. Once accepted, you choose a major professor in your field. Apply for graduate assistant and work on your thesis studies.

Interview Questions
    • Basically, you need to have the grades to get accepted to graduate school. Once accepted, you choose a major professor in your field. Apply for graduate assistant and work on your thesis studies.   Answer Question

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at LSU in May 2011.

I applied online at their careers website and was then contacted by email giving me a number to call to set up a phone interview. I then had the phone interview with 3 managers of the department and it went well. A few days later I was asked to go in for an in-person interview with the same 3 people. They were extremely nice, personable and made me feel very relaxed in what could have been a stressful situation. I was then given a very short test and shown the facility. Unfortunately, they went with someone else, but the experience made me even more convinced that LSU is a place I want to work. Great people, beautiful campus, some of the best benefits you'll find anywhere.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to be hired for this position?   View Answer
    • Here is a list of network terminology. What do they each mean?   View Answer

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

The process took a dayinterviewed at LSU in May 2010.

caught an early flight in, interviewed with professors and PhD students, went to lunch with the Department Head and Chair of the PhD Committee then caught an evening flight home. Had an offer in hand before I left.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to do this? What area of research are you most interested in?   View Answer
    N/A

Undergraudatie Program Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

The process took a dayinterviewed at LSU in April 2010.

applied online through LSU HR, took a month before I was contacted by email for an interview. Was interviewed by 4 other program advisors and was asked a variety of questions including "Would you do anything differently in College" , "Is there anything esle we should know about you?"

Interview Questions
    • If we asked you to recruit undergraduate students somewhere far away say Michiagan, what would you do?   Answer Question

Resident Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at LSU in March 2010.

The hiring and interview process was very extensive. Everyone who submits an application for the RA position who meets the basic qualifications is interviewed. Day 1 was spent doing a group exercise while panelists sat on the sidelines and watched. We are asked to perform a number of tasks, including identify a mock staff to work with from a list of fake candidates as well as arts and crafts. The goal was to see how well you worked with other people, even when doing something utterly pointless. The second day consisted of a formal interview with a panel of six people. This included other RAs and higher-ups in Res Life.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at LSU in March 2010.

Interview Questions
    • how did use your technical knowledge to solve a problem.   Answer Question