LSU Interview Questions & Reviews

37 interviews

2.6

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at LSU in February 2013.

There was an informal phone interview, followed by an on campus interview. The interviews did not provide an accurate picture of what the job would be.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about finance laws, which had nothing to do with my job description.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

They ask you questions based on your resume. Be prepared to answer all the questions pertaining to your previous work experience and courses.

Research Assistant Interview

Ask some experience questions, transcript, and provide the offer.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at LSU in March 2012.

Basically, you need to have the grades to get accepted to graduate school. Once accepted, you choose a major professor in your field. Apply for graduate assistant and work on your thesis studies. Basically, you need to have the grades to get accepted to graduate school. Once accepted, you choose a major professor in your field. Apply for graduate assistant and work on your thesis studies.

Interview Questions
    • Basically, you need to have the grades to get accepted to graduate school. Once accepted, you choose a major professor in your field. Apply for graduate assistant and work on your thesis studies.   Answer Question

Math Tutor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

The process took a day - interviewed at LSU in August 2009.

You'll meet with the Tutor Supervisor and she/he will interview you on your skills to become a tutor. They'll ask if you are sensitive to teaching and providing for people academic needs. Then, they will test you on a few mathematics question to see if you are up for the job. After the interview process and you accept the job, you'll have to go through a rigorous series of questions/quizzes to pass in order to start your job.

Interview Questions
    • How do you factor x^2+2x+1=0?   View Answer
    • In Trig, is the Sine function an even or odd function?   View Answer

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

The process took a day - interviewed at LSU in May 2010.

caught an early flight in, interviewed with professors and PhD students, went to lunch with the Department Head and Chair of the PhD Committee then caught an evening flight home. Had an offer in hand before I left.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to do this? What area of research are you most interested in?   View Answer
    N/A

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at LSU in March 2010.

Interview Questions
    • how did use your technical knowledge to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at LSU in January 2010.

Initial interview: 1 hour with supervisor, and 1 hour with a potential colleague. Second interview with four potential colleagues, 1 hour each. All asked about professional work experience, and basic interview questions such as tell me about yourself, strength, et al.

Interview Questions
    • Given the climate of state government experiencing budget cuts every year, do you feel comfortable working in this environment?   View Answer
    Selected low end of salary range. Experiencing budget cuts, so they didn't have much flexibility to negotiate.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Hoboken, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ

The process took a day - interviewed at LSU in May 2009.

It was fun no really it was, what they do ask ask a little bit of this and a little bit of that, once they've asked basic questions such as strengths weaknesses, opportunities and strengths, voila you have a reject

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Baton Rouge, LA
    Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at LSU in May 2011.

I applied online at their careers website and was then contacted by email giving me a number to call to set up a phone interview. I then had the phone interview with 3 managers of the department and it went well. A few days later I was asked to go in for an in-person interview with the same 3 people. They were extremely nice, personable and made me feel very relaxed in what could have been a stressful situation. I was then given a very short test and shown the facility. Unfortunately, they went with someone else, but the experience made me even more convinced that LSU is a place I want to work. Great people, beautiful campus, some of the best benefits you'll find anywhere.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to be hired for this position?   View Answer
    • Here is a list of network terminology. What do they each mean?   View Answer