LTD Commodities Interview Questions

Updated May 13, 2015

2.3

IT Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bannockburn, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at LTD Commodities (Bannockburn, IL).

Interview

Process was quick. 1 call with recruiter, 1 phone screen with hiring manager, 1 onsite interview with couple of developers. Then got the offer in couple of days. The whole process took about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes, was able to negotiate. Asked for 5k more and they accepted, which was a surprise.

Employee Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bannockburn, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at LTD Commodities (Bannockburn, IL).

Interview

personal reference, phone interview, 3 interviews with management team, Staff is very welcoming and helpful. I was working another job at the time and they accommodated interviews around my schedule. There is a mandatory drug test and if you drive a company vehicle, there is a driving background check.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They asked my range and came to the lower end of it

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at LTD Commodities (Aurora, IL) in September 2013.

Interview

The hiring process was basic, just walk in, tell a little about your self and you were practically hired, for seasonal that is.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, it was entry level and pay was near minimum.

Photo Stylist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at LTD Commodities.

Interview

I met with two different supervisors and an HR rep. They asked me basic interview questions. I had a portfolio they looked at.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was unexpected as far as interviews. Just be prepared.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I accepted right away.

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincolnshire, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at LTD Commodities (Lincolnshire, IL) in December 2012.

Interview

Very very long process. 3 rounds of interview. They were not sure of what specific skills they were looking for until after 3 rounds of interview. HR person & Hiriing manager was very nice.

Interview Questions

• general questions. How will you verify test plans written by Users? How do you do load & performance testing in your current job?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bannockburn, IL

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at LTD Commodities (Bannockburn, IL).

Interview

Long, needlessly drawn out process that lasted for 2 months. I got a callback in September after applying in August, spoke on the phone with the recruiter, and then had an in-person interview. From the moment I walked into the office, I got the feeling that this was an "old boys' club." Despite the company's supposed commitment to diversity, everything seemed to be run by older white and East Asian men. The women and people of color appeared to be working in lower paying positions, such as warehouse workers, administrative assistants, or customer service specialists. It does not surprise me one bit that in a company review, one Bannockburn worker complained about managers using racist, prejudiced language. The interview questions were typical and not difficult at all. I met with three interviewers of varying levels. The first two interviewers I met with seemed nice and personable, but the last interviewer, the VP, veered off into irrelevant conversations, came across as awkward, and was not a very good interviewer in general. He complained about former employees who had previously held the position for which I was applying, each of whom had not lasted long before being given the pink slip, apparently--red flag! As the company was having trouble finding candidates, the recruiter asked me to wait for several weeks so they could interview more people. As soon as I heard that, I moved on--I know that when a company feels the need to keep you on hold for weeks to look for more candidates, it's never a good sign, especially since it took them about 3 weeks just to get back to me about my application in the first place. Sure enough, I received my "screw you" letter from them a couple of weeks later (to their credit, at least they sent one). However, after I viewed the recent Bannockburn worker's review that mentioned the prejudiced language and incompetent managers, which confirmed my suspicions, I felt that I had dodged a bullet. My advice: if you're a woman or a person of color (or both) looking to work here, stay away! Let them keep their old boys' club; outdated ideas are the kiss of death when it comes to print publications (they already have had to downsize from 2500 to 1500 employees over the past couple of years).

Seasonal Call Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bannockburn, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at LTD Commodities (Bannockburn, IL) in August 2012.

Interview

Replied to local ad in paper for seasonal position via e-mail. Received an interview call the following day. What things did I like about the job, why did I feel I was qualified, why did I want the job, any objections to asking for an additional featured item to be added to order. I was asked when it was convenient to come in for a personal interview. What did I like about my last job, what didn't I like, did I think it acceptable for an employee to not show up to work without notice, how would I handle an angry customer. Typical questions.

Interview Questions

• During the interview, I noticed a product on the table. I was asked what I would say to the customer to have them add it to their order. It was a boxed lotion and bath gel item.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was told the rate was $12 an hour. Later, I found that many were many $13 but they had had very similar experience in catalog sales.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at LTD Commodities in October 2011.

Interview

they make you pretend to sell them something at the end of a call to make sure you have the skills to upsell during the holidays..easy process they usually hire everyone who pass drug test

Interview Questions

• transportation,,, they want to make sure you can get there and they want you to commit to evening hours   Answer Question

Negotiation

none

Data Entry Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at LTD Commodities (Aurora, IL) in October 2011.

Interview

Appointment for an interview is made soon after reviewing the application (no more than a week). Interview is done by HR, not the hiring departmental supervisor. They ask basic questions such as, "How do you find yourself dealing under pressured situations?", "Describe one instance where you were giving little time to complete a task." The HR personnel is easy to get along with. Show respect and respect will be given. The specifics of the job are pretty much laid out upfront. You will receive a call-back or asked to be sent for drug testing at one of their sites. They do a good background check before actually hiring anyone.

Interview Questions

• There was no difficult question. All questions were pretty basic for the type of job in question.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There isn't much up for negotiation. Everything is very set up. Specific pay for specific job title. Work shifts aren't negotiable, unless already requested.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at LTD Commodities (Aurora, IL) in March 2011.

Interview

I was contacted over the weekend for a human resources position so that from the beginning caught me off guard. It was a Sunday to be exact. Anyway, the intial phone interview was great and I was set up for a face to face interview. The first person that I had interviewed with was knowledgeable, caring and enthusisatic so I thought things were going very well. But then I was passed on to the senior level recruiter from their corporate office who was rude and condesending. It completely killed my enthusiasum that I had built up! She made me feel stupid all because my company worked differently from hers.Glad I wasn't called back.