LUSH North America Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2015

2.5

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at LUSH North America.

Interview

The interviewing process was fairly easy. I rated it as difficult for how long and involved the interview session is. The interview I went on was almost two hours. My review is based on the location being new. If you apply to an older location it may go a bit differently.

You are typically with a large group of people. After the managers and store manager introduce themselves and talk about their Lush career history they go into a bit about the various duties that are required of you. Besides hardcore selling and demonstrations, which sometime you have to physically touch customers hands and hair, you have to learn how to control large groups of customers at once.

After they explain what they expect of you they will actually have you act as a sales associate with the products they brought. They will choose one of the other interviewees to pose as a customer. This is to show how you are able to promote the products, listen to the customers desires, and guide the customer to other products to complement the product they were initially looking for. During this process they will call each person individually for to answer a few questions.

During the 1:1 interview session they will ask only a few questions, which I honestly do not remember all of them, but it is a very brief interview

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for LUSH North America

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at LUSH North America (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

This was a hiring party, which consisted of about 11 of us girls, we had to demo products on each other, the lip scrubs and charity pot. It was a very fun experience and I wasn't nervous at all, I know lots about their products, but still wasn't offered a position, still don't know why as I thought I made a good impression!
    But they wanna see how you would talk to customers, how you get a sale, how you treat a customer, if you can hold up a conversation or not and how you demonstrate how to use the products on them!

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at LUSH North America.

Interview

okkkkkkkk so it all starts with a group interview. mine was about 20 people. you'll be so nervous but i promise it's actually fun. bring your resume! even if you dont usually put yourself out there, DO IT. make sure all the people running the interview hear you and make jokes, be social as heck, etc. they pulled us each away for one on one interviews (like 10 mins) (asked questions like what would you say to a customer instead of "how can i help you?", why should you get this job?, easy questions really) we stood in a big circle and socialized with one another at first then they asked us what we already know about lush. we split up into groups of like 10 and under, and watched an employee do a demo (a demo is like showing someone a product and using it on them and washing it off with those big silver bowls they have) then each person in the group does it. they want you to remember all the ingredients and be very personable. then you switch and learn about more products through a demo. it really was fun and easy, i swear its nothing to worry about! then we got back into our big circle and they asked us to sell one thing on us. i picked my shoes. the key is to determine the customers needs first then find a product that matches it. like "whats your style like?" and i was selling my doc martens and the lady said "eclectic" and i told her the ways doc martens are eclectic. they had us all fill out availability sheets and we went home.
    a couple days later they call me and ask if i could come in for a second interview. it was just me and the manager and it was really nice and easy. we talked and simple questions were asked. like at a previous job how did you handle a conflict? i cant remember them all but i would remember them if they were super hard. she invites me to a "culture hour."
    the culture hour for me was walking around the store with the manger learning about the products and she would do a demo on me and i would do it back to her. it was super fun as well. then she offered me the job. it was a fun process and everytime i was so nervous but it really was actually laid back and fun.

Interview Questions

• sell me an object with you   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at LUSH North America.

Interview

Group Interview, was very interesting. Different types of girls. A lot had prior knowledge of products, some girls barely knew about the products. The staff didn't seem to care, they were very helpful and understanding if you didn't know the names of the products or what they did.

Interview Questions

• Was asked if I had any prior knowledge on Lush. Basic interview questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at LUSH North America (New York, NY).

Interview

Lush likes to do hiring parties, which is great if you feel like groups take the pressure off, not great if it's a huge group. I applied for a job and got the e-mail to come to the hiring party a few days later. I and some others get there early and notice a LOT of people are gathering outside this tiny store. By the end of it, there are over 40 of us, and this is not during seasonal hiring. Now Lush stores are pretty small, so cramming us all in is already difficult. We break off into groups and do some fun product demonstrations. Their method of seeing how you work is actually pretty good. Know a little bit about the products beforehand, memorize what they're telling you, and demonstrate a product the way they show you. That's not bad at all and the staff there to observe you are very friendly and helpful and attentive. The problem is there just aren't enough to go around to really see you perform. It doesn't even matter how assertive and confident you are if you can't be seen, so big group interviews are definitely a gamble. Also: they don't usually look for a lot of people to hire. So out of the 40 that show up, they may take 10 and divide them between stores. The whole process took about 2 and a half hours. If you go to a hiring party be prepared to be much more assertive than you usually are at interviews and be prepared to kiss more butt. They lean much heavier on knowing about the founder and product origins than product trivia, which is a little weird but understandable. Know both, though.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at LUSH North America in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online and a week later received an email from the shop manager inviting me to the hiring party. I attended and first we put on nametags and got an introduction from the shop manager and the sales associates. We then saw a bath bomb demonstration. There were 9 applicants including me and we were broke up into 3 groups of 3. The interview was demoing products on other applicants in front of 2 sales associates. There were 3 stations: massage bars, toners and Charity Pot hand an body lotion. After each demo, the sales associate would give you a sticker that you would place on your nametag. At the end, we turned in our nametags, and would be hearing from the shop manager in a few days.

Anonymous Employee in Studio City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at LUSH North America (Studio City, CA).

Interview

Huge group which I didn't expect. It was on a rainy morning and the store was packed to the point where we couldn't move easily. The first thing we were required to do was dance. Really? It was difficult to introduct ourselves to the employees, let alone the manager. There were people who knew Lush inside out, and there were people who didn't. It sucked because many had potential, including myself, but we weren't in the "clique" because we weren't familiar with the products. We had to rotate, get to know a product under a minute, then sell it. At the same time, the employees took notes and it got intimidating. The manager didn't seem nice, just in it to have somebody to sell as much as they can.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at LUSH North America in June 2014.

Interview

Interview party, thought to be highly competitive upon the actual participation in the interview it seemed less professional and unlike other jobs. Very easy of a process, not competitive

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at LUSH North America (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

Group Interviews! Usually consist of no more than 15 people. Broken up into two groups. And preformed product demos on one another as the mangers watched over us. Some hired sales associates were already there and handed out stickers for who was doing well with the demos which would let the managers know to keep a eye out for you.You're then pulled aside for an individual mini interview with the managers.

Interview Questions

• What three words describe you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at LUSH North America (Houston, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

I attended a hiring party. It was a lot of fun. We learned how to do demos and were told to perform them on the other job candidates. I thought I did very well but I wasn't called back for another interview.

Interview Questions

• If you had to greet a customer but you couldn't say the words "how may I help you?", what would you say?   1 Answer