La Madeleine Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

1.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at La Madeleine

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at La Madeleine.

Interview

By far the worst experience I've ever had (and I've applied to many.) I submitted my application over a month ago after picking one up in paper awhile ago. The manager met me then, scanned over it, and planned an interview a few days after. I showed up on time and had to wait ten minutes for her to conduct a five minute interview, which went fine. She set up a second interview with a different manager the next week. Same process, waited fifteen minutes for a practically four minute long interview where he asked two questions and dismissed me, giving me a card and telling me to call them back if they didn't call me with an offer.
    After a couple of days, I called back and was left on hold.
    The hold was an hour and 45 minutes. I hung up.
    The next day I called again, got a manager, who told me the hiring manager was out, for four days and they were going to be at a standstill. I was respectful of that but when I still didn't receive a response after five days, I called again. The hiring manager told me they were still "doing interviews" (which I hadn't heard of until then) and that she thought I was one of the best candidates and that'd I'd hear a response in the next week.
    Five days later, again nothing. I had to call again, and was responded rudely to by the same manager, who still insisted she was doing interviews and if they'd hire me she call me back.
    This is more than two weeks after the last interview. I was not only peeved to NOT receive a response (and not seem to need to be granted one after coming in four different times) but to consistently call back as they strung me along and refused to offer a concrete rejection. I've heard the same stupid hold music five times. It is all incredibly disrespectful and unprofessional.
    With more than a month later and still no concrete answer, I give up. In the future, please just outright reject people if you don't want them. In any case I'm not even going to bring my own business there anymore.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at La Madeleine.

Interview

It wasn't as bad as the job itself, but I wasn't satisfied with how rude the interviewing process was. The manager was nice, but that was the only time he was nice towards me and the other employees.

Any Position Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at La Madeleine in November 2014.

Interview

It was super super super super super super easy. They asked me few questions and asked about what schedule fits me the most. They asked if I am driving or not.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at La Madeleine (Katy, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

I went in to ask for an application after hearing about openings here. A manager immediately sat me down and gave me a short, 20 minute interview. They asked about where I have worked in the past and how I handled problems. One of their biggest factors was how I got along with other employees.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There were no negotiations. They hired me the same day I applied and told me a salary I would start with. ($8.00)

Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at La Madeleine (Chicago, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

The process was very simple as the general manager just asked basic questions from a pre template. Questions were the usual: tell me about yourself, why do you want to work here, why should we hire you, how did you handle working with an employee you did not get along with

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buckhead, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at La Madeleine (Buckhead, GA) in August 2011.

Interview

the hiring and interview process was quick. I was referred by a friend/employee. I had a one-on-one interview with the restaurant manager that lasted 20 minutes. He then gave me a tour of the restaurant and asked to do very simple chores, in order to observe my skills. When he was satisfied, he congratulated me and asked me when i could start.

Interview Questions

• The manager wanted to know if i could provide excellent customer service in any type of situation. He wanted to make sure that i understood that the client is "king".   Answer Question

Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lewisville, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at La Madeleine (Lewisville, TX) in May 2008.

Interview

My interviewer was very friendly and outgoing. I liked that she seemed to be an easy person to talk to, so i was looking forward to the job already, if i got it. She basically asked me the general questions, why i wanted to work there, if ive ever handled money before, and why she should choose me.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at La Madeleine.

Interview

They just made me get my social that it.He just asked what i like and my interests and why i want to work there.