La Petite Academy

21 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Lead Teacher Interview

Memphis, TN

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at La Petite Academy in May 2010.

Interview Details – Smooth and fun

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Teacher Interview

Phoenix, AZ

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at La Petite Academy in December 2013.

Interview Details – Got interviewed at a job fair, the process took a week.

Interview Question – What to do if a child bites another   Answer Question

Assistant Director Interview

Kansas City, MO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at La Petite Academy in February 2014.

Interview Details – There were four interviews all together. The first interview started with the corporate human resource phone interview, Then with Director, then DM and then someone from India that I could not understand. Thought this was going to be a long term career but was far from that. This place should not be in business.

Interview Question – Your normal questions. Why work for them. What can you bring to the table. What got you into this industry. Scenarios of working with kiddos and their families.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Met with DM discussed their crazy curriculum and offered 12.50 an hour. 40 hours a week.

Team Lead Interview

Tucson, AZ

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at La Petite Academy in August 2013.

Interview Details – You will submit your resume, it will be evaluated depending on how much experience you have and what spots are available. Then if you meet that schools needs you will receive an e-mail with a pre-visor test in it. That is a timed test that looks for your responses and what is developmentally appropriate. Then if you pass that test you will be called and the director will set up a time for an interview

Interview Question – Most difficult - What could you have done better at your last job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I asked for a certain amount and they asked corporate and it got approved

Assistant Teacher Interview

Assistant Teacher

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at La Petite Academy in November 2013.

Interview Details – I walked in and picked up an application, filled it out and returned it. I got a call back within a week and started working the following week. I had to do TB and HIV test done. I also had to apply for a background check on-line. You have to pay for it.

Lead Teacher Interview

Lead Teacher

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at La Petite Academy.

Interview Details – I applied online, and within a week, got a call about coming in for an interview. After the first interview, which was one-on-one, about a week later, I was asked if I would like the position. After accepting, I had to do paperwork, did a couple of days of observation, and had a day of "training". And before I knew it, I was asked to step into the classroom, a bit unexpectedly, and that I would be there for the rest of the day. Little did I know that right then, I had started. I feel like my training, and the communication, could have and should have been better.

Interview Question – Can't think of one.   Answer Question

Academy Director Interview

Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at La Petite Academy in March 2013.

Interview Details – It was lengthy and involved. Started with basic application. Then had to do an online assessment prior to first interview, which was a phone interview. Then had to do yet another online assessment, submit references and then was interviewed by District Manager and final interview was with Divisional Vice President. Thorough background screening was also performed.

Interview Question – I'm not sure, but truly you must be able to answer any and all questions as it pertains to being an Academy Director of a quality preschool.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Received offer via phone first then email

Preschool Teacher Interview

Preschool Teacher
La Porte, TX

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at La Petite Academy.

Interview Details – They generally wanted to know what we could do for the children. They asked how I would handle tough situations with children (injuries, ect). Overall it was very relaxed.

Interview Question – There wasn't one   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – My college hours conflicted with my schedule.

Assistant Teacher Interview

Assistant Teacher
San Antonio, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at La Petite Academy in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied in person and did the online assessment they gave me the link for when I handed in my application. A different location called me two days later for an interview on the following Monday. I went in for the interview, the woman interviewing me had to cook lunch while interviewing me because they were understaffed that day. The interview seemed to go well and at the end she gave me a tour of the classroom I would be working in. She even asked me if I had my finger prints done in the state of Texas. She told me she would call me Wednesday or Thursday of that week. No call, called Friday and she said she hadn't heard anything from her higher ups yet but she would call me as soon as she heard. I never got another call so I assumed I was not to be hired.

Interview Question – How do you manage your time on the job?   View Answer

Food Specialist Interview

Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and interviewed at La Petite Academy.

Interview Details – Applied online and received a call about 5 days later asking me to come in and fill out an application. So I did which took about 30 minutes. They also gave me a link to a online survey which would submit my answers to the company for evaluation. All of the online questions were opinions on values and mostly all related to child care. There were also several "what would you do in X situation?" and "how would you describe your self when it comes to X compared to your peers?"

About 4 days after that they called me in for an interview. The woman who gave me the interview seemed to be unprepared for it and had to review my resume as the interview began. She also read questions from a list and none of them really pertained to to the specifics of the job I was after. So I attempted to spin them to show myself in a positive light.

Interview Question – There is a portion of the online quiz that gives you 8 minutes and 40 questions to complete as many as you can. It is all about chart comprehension, reading comprehension etc. It is not difficult if you are of average intelligence. Its just a bit stressful with the time limit.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I have a bachelors degree in culinary arts management and plenty of experience. Also childhood nutrition is the direction I am trying to move my career in. However they said because I never worked for one of their schools before they could only offer me $8.60 per hr.

Interviews for Top Jobs at La Petite Academy

Worked for La Petite Academy? Contribute to the Community!

La Petite Academy Videos

La Petite Academy – Why Work for Us?

A Leader in Educational Child Care La Petite Academy was established in 1968, with the purchase of seven university-sponsored schools. A pioneer in education-based care, La Petite Academy created the Journey… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at La Petite Academy interview questions and advice. All 21 interview reviews posted anonymously by La Petite Academy employees and interview candidates.