La Petite Academy Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.2

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at La Petite Academy in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online. It was a pretty thorough application process with long assessments. I apparently passed the assessment which I was expecting since I have a teaching degree and teaching experience. I was called in for an interview and I was asked if I had "ECE Units" which I reminded them that I did and that my assessment, application, and resume indicates that I have my degree in Early Childhood Education (ECE). When I arrived for the interview I was told I they were having some scheduling issues due to some situations that came up. I was fine with waiting but I think it would have been more appropriate to call ahead and reschedule instead of waiting until I arrived. After waiting an hour, my interview began. The interview took place in a very small area where the kids were. It was loud and the kids were out of control. The interviewer had to get up multiple times during my interview help with kids, talk to parents, answer the door, and answer the phone. I understand that this is a business and with that and children, interruptions are to be expected but I think it was unprofessional to conduct an interview in the location when the interview could have been conducted in the front desk area or the office. The questions were situational and redundant to the information given in the assessments, application, and the resume I presented again. For example, Do you have ECE Units? (I was asked that 5 times total.) Do you have a BA? Do you have experience working with kids?

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a student didn't want to participate?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in The Colony, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at La Petite Academy (The Colony, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online, got an aassesment the same day which it wasnt that difficult. Typical questions about kids and my personality. Passed it got call from the director on Monday since i started the process on Friday. Had a great interview again typical questions about my past jobs, if i like kids. Got an offer right there. Great experience overall

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not alot of room for negotiation but we came to an understanding and hopefully they will accepted

Anonymous Employee in Goodlettsville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at La Petite Academy (Goodlettsville, TN).

Interview

Number of questions about what one would do in several situations involving children and staff. Basic interview questions about yourself and goals. They asked about curriculum activities you would do with the children

Interview Questions

• How would you discipline children that are misbehaving?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Olive Branch, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at La Petite Academy (Olive Branch, MS) in March 2015.

Interview

Low quality, different people, said contradictory statements. Asked silly questions to me because I had already worked in child care. My degree did not matter nor the fact that I did elementary education.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

How much do you want for compensation

Anonymous Employee in Kissimmee, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at La Petite Academy (Kissimmee, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

About ten min and a few tell me about a time question. Was not hard at all. Was very similar to a basic retail interview. Manager offered things that were not given when hired. Took almost one month to get an answer for hire.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked with children before   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at La Petite Academy (Carrollton, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview was informal. Interviewed with only the director. I was asked a series of questions. I was given a tour of the school. Was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• How would you engage a student who does not want to participate in an activity?   Answer Question

Assistant Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at La Petite Academy.

Interview

I filled out an application online then I stayed in contact with the Director until I was offered an interview(this process took a few weeks). My interview was two parts. I was first interviewed by the assistant director, then a few days later i was interviewed by the director. About a week later i was offered the job and started my week training.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.

Assistant Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at La Petite Academy in January 2015.

Interview

The application online is very tedious and includes two long, very corporal questionnaires. About three weeks after I submitted my application I got a call from the director for an interview. Going in for my interview, the director had my entire application in front of her, and she asked questions based on what the application showed. I told her this would be my first job, but I understood the ins and outs of all the regulations on childcare. She asked a multitude of questions, but only a few stick out in my memory. She told me she had a few more interviews that week, and she would get back to me at the end of the week. On Thursday, she called me and offered me a position. Super easy interview process as long as you show you're competent, organized, and qualified for the job. The facility is heavily focused on customer service, so be prepared to answer some questions on exactly how you would maintain a rapport with the families at the center.

Interview Questions

• How would you interact with families dropping off their children for the first time?   Answer Question
    • Describe an instance where you've disagreed with another teacher and how did you address it?   Answer Question
    • Why should I hire you rather than another person with more experience?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They send all your qualifications to corporate, and then corporate sends back how much they'll pay you.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at La Petite Academy (San Antonio, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

The day I arrived for my scheduled interview, the director was not in. That gave me a very negative feeling, but I figured that everyone has emergencies. I was then interviewed by the Assistant Director, who was very polite and down-to-earth. The interview was swift and I was out the door in 20 minutes. Two days later I had to be interviewed by the actual Director, and it was again swift. She was very personable and polite. However, throughout both interviews, distractions abounded; cell phone usage by everyone but myself, and constant interruptions by working Staff.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to pick an age group - infants, or two's.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at La Petite Academy (Orlando, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online it took months before they called me for a interview.After the Interview it took like two weeks for the call back for me to start working.They offered me 7.75 i said that was too low and i guess it helped that i had manager experience.Then they offered me 8.50 which was low still compare to what i use to get paid.But i took it, so you could negotiate see if you could get a little more but it also depends on your experience.