La Petite Academy Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.3

Assistant Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at La Petite Academy.

Interview

I filled out an application online then I stayed in contact with the Director until I was offered an interview(this process took a few weeks). My interview was two parts. I was first interviewed by the assistant director, then a few days later i was interviewed by the director. About a week later i was offered the job and started my week training.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.

Assistant Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at La Petite Academy in January 2015.

Interview

The application online is very tedious and includes two long, very corporal questionnaires. About three weeks after I submitted my application I got a call from the director for an interview. Going in for my interview, the director had my entire application in front of her, and she asked questions based on what the application showed. I told her this would be my first job, but I understood the ins and outs of all the regulations on childcare. She asked a multitude of questions, but only a few stick out in my memory. She told me she had a few more interviews that week, and she would get back to me at the end of the week. On Thursday, she called me and offered me a position.

Super easy interview process as long as you show you're competent, organized, and qualified for the job.

The facility is heavily focused on customer service, so be prepared to answer some questions on exactly how you would maintain a rapport with the families at the center.

Interview Questions

• How would you interact with families dropping off their children for the first time?   Answer Question
    • Describe an instance where you've disagreed with another teacher and how did you address it?   Answer Question
    • Why should I hire you rather than another person with more experience?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They send all your qualifications to corporate, and then corporate sends back how much they'll pay you.

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at La Petite Academy (San Antonio, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

The day I arrived for my scheduled interview, the director was not in. That gave me a very negative feeling, but I figured that everyone has emergencies. I was then interviewed by the Assistant Director, who was very polite and down-to-earth. The interview was swift and I was out the door in 20 minutes. Two days later I had to be interviewed by the actual Director, and it was again swift. She was very personable and polite. However, throughout both interviews, distractions abounded; cell phone usage by everyone but myself, and constant interruptions by working Staff.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to pick an age group - infants, or two's.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at La Petite Academy (Orlando, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online it took months before they called me for a interview.After the Interview it took like two weeks for the call back for me to start working.They offered me 7.75 i said that was too low and i guess it helped that i had manager experience.Then they offered me 8.50 which was low still compare to what i use to get paid.But i took it, so you could negotiate see if you could get a little more but it also depends on your experience.

Toddler Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Citrus Heights, CA

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at La Petite Academy (Citrus Heights, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

I went to a job fair and got interviewed on the spot. The lady who did my interview so very friendly and nice and put me totally at ease. The interview itself took about twenty to thirty minutes. Afterwards, She showed me the classrooms and told me she's really interested in me and asked if I would want to work there. But before that could happen she said I needed to pass some kind of assessment and get my Finger Prints done. Then called me and said next week after getting approval from the management that she will call me and get me working.

Interview Questions

• How would you react/act if the class was in chaos and you needed to regain their attention?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a parent who has a complaint?   Answer Question
    • How much days off you think is okay to take off?   Answer Question

Food Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Williamsburg, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at La Petite Academy (Williamsburg, VA) in July 2014.

Interview

I got an interview the day of my call which was impressive. I met with the director who was friendly, professional, upfront and thorough. The questions she asked were relative to the job and were detailed. The interview lasted for one hour and then I was told to go home and go online to do an "assessment", upload my resume and fill out application. That process took an additional 45 minutes...but the website was easy to follow.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how familiar I was with "USDA regulations"....which is a very open ended question. I had to ask a question back to determine exactly what she was referring to. There are many regulations and I was not sure what the point was.   1 Answer

Not enough pay

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online – interviewed at La Petite Academy (Indianapolis, IN) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview was fine. However, the way they told me that I didn't receive the position was very unprofessional. They told me by email. The building is also kind of dirty and the manager'a office was a total wreck.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if more then one child wanted your attention at the same time.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Waunakee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at La Petite Academy (Waunakee, WI) in June 2014.

Interview

After I sent in my resume and cover letter, I was told to take an assessment online. It laid out specific situations and asked you to pick the choice that best describes what you would do in that situation. Some questions asked you to rate yourself against others on how well you could perform a math problem dealing with decimals, fractions. The assessment took about an hour and a half, if I remember correctly. The last part of the assessment tested calendar and chart reading skills. You had a specific amount of time to answer roughly 40 questions. The following morning, I received a call to come in for an interview. I met with the director a few days later. It took a long time for them to make a decision, but I never heard back.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult child and explain how you handled him/her.   1 Answer

Assistant Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at La Petite Academy.

Interview

Went very well. Applied online made sure to place my resume and continuously called to update them about my application and openings. They later called and wanted to schedule an interview ( 2 different locations) Went for the interviews asked questions about activity plans, different age groups, why I like children etc. Make sure to ask questions! After that gave me a tour. Later called me and offered me the position!

Interview Questions

• Not necessarily difficult, as long as you know the general info of early childhood as well as health such as what to do in case of an emergency, diaper changing or wounds you will be good.   Answer Question

Negotiation

$10.00/hr

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at La Petite Academy.

Interview

Director said she was impressed with my qualifications and experience. I was told that I was being hired for a specific position but training was never completed and placed into a different position.

Interview Questions

• What is the pay rate and hour?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I accepted job because I needed immediate income