La Senza

Getting the Interview

8 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at La Senza in April 2014.

Interview Details – Handed in my resume and got a call within 2 days to schedule an interview. Questions were pretty basic, such as what makes you want to work here, how would you sell something, how would you sell a promotion, whats your favorite product, and some behavioral questions

Interview Question – Whats the difference between serving a customer and selling something to a customer. I had to think about it for a second haha   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at La Senza in January 2010.

Interview Details – Applied in-store, followed by with a phone call to schedule an interview, very straight forward and casual conversation (with the exception of some scenario-type questions). Overall process was a short one.

Interview Question – If you had two people to serve; one that has already tried things on and is in line waiting to pay vs. a customer who just walked in, who would you wait on first?   View Answer

Part Time Sales Associate
St. John's, NL (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at La Senza in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online, took three weeks or so, then they called to set up an interview the next day. It was a group interview ... they don't tell you this ahead of time, but there is about six of you being interviewed at once, and you don't all get a chance to answer the questions unless you kind of jump in. So although the interview atmosphere itself is laid back, it's kind of difficult to make yourself stand out in a positive way. BE AWARE: the dress code at La Senza is all black, try to match this for your interview. They like blazers and black boots. (Wish I had gotten that heads up!)

Interview Question – What is your favourite store (other than la senza) and why?
Have you ever had a really good or really bad shopping experience?
What is your favourite La Senza product?
  Answer Question

Assistant Manager
Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at La Senza in June 2009.

Interview Details – Dropping off a resume at a store location is the best way to get an interview. Applying on La Senza's website or through another online job site means that your resume may not be seen at store level for a few weeks. Always ask to speak to the manager. If she is not available make sure to ask when she will be in. Best time to come in is Monday morning. Make sure you know why you want to work there. She will ask you! Open availability is key. This means weekends as well! If your initial conversation goes well she will set up an interview. If you are applying for a management position a 2nd or 3rd interview may follow.

Interview Question – What do you think makes you qualified to be a sales associate at La Senza? What qualities do you possess that make you a good sales person?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager

Interviewed at La Senza

Interview Details – I was contacted about 6 months after I applied for the position to attend an interview with a DM. She was really cool and easy to talk to. After a background check hosted by an American company I was offered the job . You can negotiate your pay, usually a small amount of room for increase .50 cents at least.

Interview Question – The interview was pretty laid back and if your confident and a happy person you should do fine.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – A small amount of room for negoiatation. Don't sell yourself short but make sure to play your cards right.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Dartmouth, NS (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at La Senza in October 2011.

Interview Details – I went to the mall with a handfull of resumes and started handing them out. I wasn't going to go into la senza because I did not want to work with only girls. However, my boyfriend convinced me to go in and I did and talked to the manager who happened to be there. I handed her my resume and she informed me that they were holding interviews every tuesday and thursday, since the holiday season was approaching. I went in on Tuesday and it was a very laid back interview, but since it was a group interview I made sure I stood out. I got a job offer the next morning.

Interview Question – How would you convince a customer to buy this set? (set would be supplied)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiating.

Communications/Marketing Interview

Dorval, QC (Canada)

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at La Senza in September 2009.

Interview Details – General questions, nothing difficult- why would you like to work here? What do you know about the company?

Interview Question – Do you know a bit about your history and how got to where we are today?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Make sure you ask for what you want- they will try and lowball you, but expect you to negotiate. Be firm in what you want

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at La Senza in March 2011.

Interview Details – I applied in-person and got an interview the next day. It went well and after the interview she had me do another interview (on the same day) with a different manager from a different location. Normally, the next interview is supposed to be with the district manager next but, she was on holiday. I was offered the job the following day, pending references of course. The type of questions they asked were behavioural type.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – The amount they offered were higher then what I had thought.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for La Senza? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at La Senza interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by La Senza employees and interview candidates.